Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

You can ONLY have 1 and a half pieces of bread for breakfast in C-class in LH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You can ONLY have 1 and a half pieces of bread for breakfast in C-class in LH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by szg
Breakfast in Y from SZG to ZRH on C9: tasty Sandwich or a big filled croissant and a yoghurt, also 2 times of a drink service. This you will get on a 50 minutes flight !! ^
On my next MHG-HAM I will take a picture (last time I didn't have my cam with me). The breakfast is served on china with a selection of cheese and ham, a piece of cake, a piece of chocolate and a croissant plus bread from the basket.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:35 am

Programs: LH SEN since 2007
Wow, what a warm welcome. I am glad I bailed out of the other one. (Don't ask).

I'm probably being repetitive, but why would anybody worry about breakfast on a 1.5h flight?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:56 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by steffen0212
On my next MHG-HAM I will take a picture (last time I didn't have my cam with me). The breakfast is served on china with a selection of cheese and ham, a piece of cake, a piece of chocolate and a croissant plus bread from the basket.
Wow !! I am really impressed. ^

Is the Business Lounge at MHG already opened ?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 5:06 am

Programs: LH SEN for Life
Originally Posted by weero
That is a blunt euphemism. In my millions of miles on UA, I never once encountered a breakfast which was edible. Let alone digestible. Not in coach, not in Biz, not in F.

They even manage to make some caoutchouc for truck tires out of eggs scheduled to become an omelette for breakfast.
If you think UA is bad try US and it will seem at least passable. In my limited UA flying it has not been that bad. However I although I'm not in the USA often I still do have an American "tooth".

US is the worst airline I have flown and I'm talking about F.

On a 5 hour flight leaving just before midnight NO FOOD in F.

As a new diabetic I was chomping away at the chips until I felt I was a potatoe.

Food for sale in Y but by the time I figured this out it was all sold.

US policy: no food service after 9 PM. 5 hour flight didn't matter. They limited drinks too to 1 an hour.

Never again.

Shofar
Old Nov 20, 2008, 5:11 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Shofar
I

You can have such a great treatment on AAnother AAirlines as well SFO-ORD departure 11:50pm no food in F and a hrd time to get some sleep in the wonderful MD-80
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
If you think UA is bad try US and it will seem at least passable. In my limited UA flying it has not been that bad. However I although I'm not in the USA often I still do have an American "tooth".
You may have over-interpreted me: I am quite fond of the food in the US in general and aboard UA in particular. Except for their occasional quirks to serve healthy crap (can still type that on FT - yeeeeeha) on flight to and from California, I am just happy with their never changing reliable choices.

The singular exception is breakfast. UA breakfast may be nice for some fermenting organisms but not for homo sapiens. I only had one breakfast in US BizFirst in my life and it was really bad.

So still a fair bit superior to UA.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by szg
Wow !! I am really impressed. ^

Is the Business Lounge at MHG already opened ?
No, not yet.

As a new diabetic I was chomping away at the chips until I felt I was a potatoe.

Food for sale in Y but by the time I figured this out it was all sold.

US policy: no food service after 9 PM. 5 hour flight didn't matter. They limited drinks too to 1 an hour.

Never again.

Shofar
I flew with US only once, in F (DCA-BOS) and though I was in european economy on any three star airline (ok, the seat is better)! The food service was extremly generous I got some nuts! And after asking for more nuts, the FA said she will give me another package of nuts (about 20g) BUT that's a very big exception.

So after my US-nuts-experience I avoid them whenever I can.

Originally Posted by weero
The singular exception is breakfast. UA breakfast may be nice for some fermenting organisms but not for homo sapiens. I only had one breakfast in US BizFirst in my life and it was really bad.

So still a fair bit superior to UA.
For me the UA breakfast is okay, not good, but for an American airline quite okay!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 6:26 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by steffen0212
..For me the UA breakfast is okay, not good, but for an American airline quite okay!
Ordering the fruit plate is considered cheating in this context!

I am talking about the vulcanized eggs and the croissant turdlets they try to feed the people they hold food-hostage aboard UA .
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prefers1a

I'm probably being repetitive, but why would anybody worry about breakfast on a 1.5h flight?
Because that somebody is waking up at 5am to catch a flight, because that somebody is heading straight from the airport to business meetings, and that same somebody expects a normal breakfast from his experience on countless of other flights.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bau31888
Please fly Y, if the breakfast is the relevant difference between Y and C for you and the price difference is 700 Euro!!!

Regarding you catering... bad luck... LH's food on C is not that bad on European flights. Others are sometimes better (e.g. OS's food is always nicely presented), and in Y the LH-food is awful!

Ofcourse that the breakfast is not my sole buying factor for C-class. Flexibility is important, so is them waiting for me until the last moment, but service is important as well.

I have on numerous occasions been dissapointed by LH from missed connections (when I know that with a simple effort by LH I could have made it), to simple things like forgetting to load the press on the plane... and this does make you feel like a donkey. (Ofcourse, the story is different on an intercontinental flight, where being able to sleep/rest and be able to work from as soon as the plane lands, makes a HUGE difference).
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:10 am

Programs: LH SEN since 2007
Originally Posted by InquiringMind
Because that somebody is waking up at 5am to catch a flight
Argh. Don't remind. Have avoided those for over two years now...
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by prefers1a

Say I'm on my old enemy LH4921 to MUC, that's a 07:00 takeoff from BHX, which essentially means rising at 05:00, being in a taxi at 05:30 and at BHX at 06:00. By the time I've cleared security etc its probably 06:15 by which time I'd have 15 minutes to either buy expensive airport food (where there's usually a queue) or guzzle as many bags of French Fries as I want in the contract lounge (which mere FTL's are allowed to use).

Now, I'm not good at eating something 05:00. So, even if I'm in Y, I even appreciate the two slices of damp brown bread with no butter and an hidden lump of yellow plastic LH call a cheese sarnie that's served around my breakfast time. Without breakfast, it's a fair way until MUC and my tummy would grumble and half the aircraft would be deafened by that.

If I'm on the LX to ZRH, which is somewhat later, then breakfast isn't such an issue (which is probably a good job with the LX micromuffins), I'd have probably had it at home.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by InquiringMind
Ofcourse that the breakfast is not my sole buying factor for C-class. Flexibility is important, so is them waiting for me until the last moment, but service is important as well.

I have on numerous occasions been dissapointed by LH from missed connections (when I know that with a simple effort by LH I could have made it), to simple things like forgetting to load the press on the plane... and this does make you feel like a donkey. (Ofcourse, the story is different on an intercontinental flight, where being able to sleep/rest and be able to work from as soon as the plane lands, makes a HUGE difference).
Simple effort ... what does that mean.
Sounds to me like you should change carrier , since LH cant do anything that pleases you .
Just relax and have another croissant.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by seat 1a
Simple effort ... what does that mean.
Sounds to me like you should change carrier , since LH cant do anything that pleases you .
Just relax and have another croissant.
With due respect seat 1a, I think that InquiringMind has his expectations about what C-class should provide, as he might be coming from a country where even Y-class provides a full breakfast on board full-service carriers, say, like in India.

He has also shown that he would like to have enough to eat on board based on his time constraints, and I would concur with that - LH is not an LCC, and should be held to a higher standard than US carriers, unless LH is planning to migrate to that model!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
With due respect seat 1a, I think that InquiringMind has his expectations about what C-class should provide, as he might be coming from a country where even Y-class provides a full breakfast on board full-service carriers, say, like in India.

He has also shown that he would like to have enough to eat on board based on his time constraints, and I would concur with that - LH is not an LCC, and should be held to a higher standard than US carriers, unless LH is planning to migrate to that model!
So consequently , if he is not happy with LH , he should change carrier.
Not sure what US carriers has to do with this post.

I would enjoy a breakfast at Tiffany on all flights as well , but unlikely to happen.

Now this is in Europe and I humbly maintain my opinion that LH intra Europe
has one of the better C morning meals available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.