Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: supine
Do I have entitlement to access the First Class Terminal (FCT) in FRA?
- Yes, if you are departing from FRA on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS, and at least one of the following is true:
  • The class of service on your departing flight from FRA is F.
  • You have arrived on a confirmed F segment on LH or LX metal, on the same day, even if the ticket of that F segment is different from the ticket of the segment from FRA.
  • You will be departing on a confirmed F segment on LH or LX metal, on the same day from a connecting station, and the ticket of that F segment is the same ticket as the segment from FRA. Separate tickets means you are not entitled to FCT access.
  • You hold HON status.
  • You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria, and you meet the requirements of a guest as discussed later in this FAQ.

But the LH website contradicts the above:"Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers."

- The above has been on the web site for some time, and does not appear to be the actual policy, as many here attest from personal experience.

What are the opening times of the FCT?
- 0530 to 2200 daily

Where is it located?
- About 200 metres to the west of Terminal 1

If arriving in FRA on a LH operated flight in F, will I get a car transfer from the arriving flight?
- Ordinarily, no. However, if you hold HON status, you're arriving / departing from an apron position and your onward flight is operated by LH / LX / OS, LH aims to send a car to meet you from your arriving aircraft. See for more info. NB If you do get the car service on arrival, you will be driven to the main arrivals area and not the FCT, as this does not offer immigration and customs facilities for inbound passengers.

How do I get to the FCT in FRA?
- The First Class Terminal at Frankfurt is located close to Terminal 1. You can reach it by car via the access road to Terminal 1: the entrance to the First Class Terminal is off this road, approximately 200 metres before you get to Terminal 1. When arriving on public transport, the First Class Terminal is only a few minutes walk from Terminal 1.

Locations of Lufthansa lounges at Frankfurt Airport

The FCT is a departure terminal/lounge and is not meant for transfer pax. Transfer pax can use the FCLs located in the main terminal building which offer the same amenities as the FCT. There is no transfer or shuttle to the FCT. You can walk to the FCT, though.

If on departure level take the escalator down to arrival, walk out of the terminal and turn left. You will pass the bus shuttles to the airport hotels and taxis. Cross the street - whilst waking under the access road above to departures - you will see taxi divers' coffee shop to the right - and more taxis parked to your left. You will see the First Class Terminal across the street. Cross the street in front of the coffee shop, turn right and the First Class Terminal is on your left. Go through the automatic doors and take the elevator to the main reception area.

Pictorial guide may be found here.

If the FCT is not meant to be a transfer lounge then why do some people use it as such?
- Aside from the experience, there are practical reasons for you to consider using the FCT for a connection:
  • If you have a long layover, the FCT will be less crowded than the FCL B (but more crowded than the even newer FCL A by A13).
  • If your connection requires clearing passport controls, it is faster to do it at the FCT where you will surrender your passport upon admittance and get it back moments before you are driven to your plane. Presumably if immigration has questions they will deal with it while you are lounging in the FCT versus waiting until you depart for your plane. Note that permanent residents of the USA who are heading back to the USA from FRA or a connecting airport should also surrender their green card, but gently but firmly request it be returned quickly. The German immigration people don't need your green card, and LH only needs it to enter into the passenger record, so there is no reason why your personal assistant cannot return it to you soon after.
  • You do not have to waste time walking from the FCL to a gate position that is potentially more distant from the lounge than your arriving gate, or worse yet, is actually a bus to a plane parked at an apron position in the middle of the tarmac. You will leave the FCT after boarding starts and a driver will take you to the plane wherever it is.
  • If your plane is parked at a jetway, you will be whisked to the front of the line of pax boarding in the jetway, saving even more time.
  • If your connection requires going through security, you are guaranteed to have a much faster and gentler screening at the FCT than going through security in the main terminals, and if you are carrying valuables, the FCT checkpoint eliminates all angst about theft or forgetting them.

How many guests am I permitted in the FCT?
- One, assuming a lower cabin class and that they will be travelling on the same flight as you. If they also are confirmed to travel in F, they too will be entitled to a guest, meeting the same criteria
- Anyone with a confirmed segment in F is also entitled to bring in their spouse/partner and/or children, provided they are departing on the same flight, irrespective of the cabin class they are travelling in

Im arriving on LH/LX/OS C and departing TG/SQ/etc. F, do I get in to the F terminal?
- No, but you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) Lounges which are designated as First Class Lounges for Star Alliance carriers.

I'm arriving on TG/SQ/etc. F and departing on LH, Swiss, Austrian C do I get in to the FCT?
- Not unless you hold HON status, otherwise you will have access LH Business Lounges unlesss you hold Star Alliance Gold status and access to LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) Lounges. Certain airlines (e.g. SQ) have arrangements for arriving F passengers to access LH Senator Lounges regardless of their status.

Im arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the FCT?
- Yes.

I'm arriving on LH / LX F and departing same day on another carrier in any cabin class, will I have access to the FCT?
- Yes, if your onward flight is operated by LH, Swiss or Austrian Airlines Group. Otherwise, you will only have access to the LH First Class Lounges or (if eligible) the lounge of the airline operating your onward flight.

What is the minimum connect time between flights in order to use the FCT?
- 90 mins is recommended, however some have observed that 60 mins is acceptable, while others still have got away with just 20 mins. Bear in mind, if in transit, that you will need to factor in the time between arrival and departure

Do I need to tip the staff in the FCT?
- According to LH policy, FCT staff are not allowed to accept gratuities.

What's the food like in the FCT?
- Well above the standard of anything you might expect from any airline in the air, a cut above lounge food of any other airline and equivalent to a smart restaurant in any major city

VAT Refund
- Yes, but there is a $75 trip fee and CC refund only.

Print Wikipost

The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ

Old May 28, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
I think I asked this again, but do I get FCT/FCL access in FRA arriving on an F ticket from HKG and then connecting to Y to London the same day? (seperate tickets)
Old May 28, 2023, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
I think I asked this again, but do I get FCT/FCL access in FRA arriving on an F ticket from HKG and then connecting to Y to London the same day? (seperate tickets)
FCL access for sure, either FCLB non schengen which is better for onward to LHR or FCLA but not FCT as your on separate tickets & FCT is departure terminal
worldclubber likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Chris63 is absolutely correct.

My understanding is, that "by book" pax do not have access with separate ticket (and by that will be denied from FCT).
But as incoming F pax pax can use FCL (not FCT) as arrival lounge and that allows you to enter (but not give car to plane as pax can not be in transit).
What is actually quite fair from side of airline.
They do have in FCL-s and in FCT list of potential customer for that day. If you are not in that list, the entry may be difficult. And list is computed by bookings.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Chris63 is absolutely correct.

My understanding is, that "by book" pax do not have access with separate ticket (and by that will be denied from FCT).
But as incoming F pax pax can use FCL (not FCT) as arrival lounge and that allows you to enter (but not give car to plane as pax can not be in transit).
What is actually quite fair from side of airline.
They do have in FCL-s and in FCT list of potential customer for that day. If you are not in that list, the entry may be difficult. And list is computed by bookings.
Thats the way it is.

However, they may drive you from the FCL to your connecting flight, if it departs from an apron position and they have to get somebody else to that plane anyway.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R
That was the book the last time it was communicated. Now the communication has changed and we dont know if theyve changed the rules or just the communication.

For a HON its difficult to find out by experience.
Old May 29, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Completed a visit. I had been here pre-pandemic. FCT lounge is nice but at the end of the day it is just an airport lounge. The food was ok. Decent omelet. Buffet wasn't all that impressive in terms of quality. May be better later in day. A couple of the whiskies I really wanted to try that are on the menu they didn't have which was a pretty massive let down. They no longer have the shop there either so you can't even buy cigars there even if you wanted to without going to the terminal. The staff was good. The chairs were comfortable. Driven to plane in a porche which I had to share with another passenger but that is pretty common if your outbound flight has first class. People rave about the private security/immigration check etc. Yes that is nice, but I've experienced on other airlines first class checkins where you go through a private security/immigration checkpoint. Its just not within its own self contained building. In the end its an airport lounge albeit with some perks but not really that far ahead of some of the other first class lounges in the world. The crew I had on the flight was excellent, which was a big improvement from the last time I flew F with LH. In the end it was fine in the sense that I was in Germany anyway and with the recent united devaluation I figured it would be a good idea to use up those miles before they devalue further.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN
So this F-noob finally gets to try the FCT for my feeder to an LX F segment.

Any of the usual suspects going to be there on Monday between 1-4pm?
Old Jun 10, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by supine

yes, I will be there, arriving around 15.30, ZRH bound.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=supine;35320837]So this F-noob finally gets to try the FCT for my feeder to an LX F segment.
QUOTE]

Enjoy !

And please report back
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: Accor ALL, KrisFlyer, Miles & More, ITA Volare, China Airlines Dynasty

Will have my first FCT visit tomorrow before noon for F outbound flight in the early afternoon
Old Jun 11, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
Enjoy, gonna see you there on some stage probably.
zapres likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by zapres
Will have my first FCT visit tomorrow before noon for F outbound flight in the early afternoon
Have fun and enjoy the experience!

Yes, people here (including me) are sometimes unhappy that the FCT isn't 100 percent what it used to be, but it is still not a bad but rather special place to start a flight.
Jensens, chris63, EJJBHX and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: LH SEN

So I'm impressed, but it's just a level of service I'm not used to.

Friendly, helpful PAs.

Kfer staff also friendly and attentive.

Food was good but I'd definitely rank it below what you get in AC Signature Suite. Will also get to try ZRH E FCL so....

​​​​​
Old Jun 12, 2023, 7:27 am

Food was good but I'd definitely rank it below what you get in AC Signature Suite. Will also get to try ZRH E FCL so....
​​​​​
Glad you liked the FCT.

Signature Suite is veeeery good for a J lounge.

Let's see what you will say about the FCL in ZRH ...
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I'm impressed, but it's just a level of service I'm not used to.

Friendly, helpful PAs.

Kfer staff also friendly and attentive.

​​​​​
Glad your enjoying the FCT & thanks for the pics, does not look like Haute Cuisine, MUC & ZRH can better that, good your moving on to ZRH E lounge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.