Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: supine
Do I have entitlement to access the First Class Terminal (FCT) in FRA?
- Yes, if you are departing from FRA on a flight operated by LH/LX/OS, and at least one of the following is true:
  • The class of service on your departing flight from FRA is F.
  • You have arrived on a confirmed F segment on LH or LX metal, on the same day, even if the ticket of that F segment is different from the ticket of the segment from FRA.
  • You will be departing on a confirmed F segment on LH or LX metal, on the same day from a connecting station, and the ticket of that F segment is the same ticket as the segment from FRA. Separate tickets means you are not entitled to FCT access.
  • You hold HON status.
  • You are invited as a guest by someone who meets the above criteria, and you meet the requirements of a guest as discussed later in this FAQ.

But the LH website contradicts the above:"Access to the First Class Terminal at Frankfurt Airport is only possible with a confirmed same-day departing First Class flight on Lufthansa or SWISS. HON Circle Members may access the First Class Terminal with a same-day departing flight on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Airlines. Access to the First Class Terminal is not permitted for arriving passengers."

- The above has been on the web site for some time, and does not appear to be the actual policy, as many here attest from personal experience.

What are the opening times of the FCT?
- 0530 to 2200 daily

Where is it located?
- About 200 metres to the west of Terminal 1

If arriving in FRA on a LH operated flight in F, will I get a car transfer from the arriving flight?
- Ordinarily, no. However, if you hold HON status, you're arriving / departing from an apron position and your onward flight is operated by LH / LX / OS, LH aims to send a car to meet you from your arriving aircraft. See for more info. NB If you do get the car service on arrival, you will be driven to the main arrivals area and not the FCT, as this does not offer immigration and customs facilities for inbound passengers.

How do I get to the FCT in FRA?
- The First Class Terminal at Frankfurt is located close to Terminal 1. You can reach it by car via the access road to Terminal 1: the entrance to the First Class Terminal is off this road, approximately 200 metres before you get to Terminal 1. When arriving on public transport, the First Class Terminal is only a few minutes’ walk from Terminal 1.

Locations of Lufthansa lounges at Frankfurt Airport

The FCT is a departure terminal/lounge and is not meant for transfer pax. Transfer pax can use the FCLs located in the main terminal building which offer the same amenities as the FCT. There is no transfer or shuttle to the FCT. You can walk to the FCT, though.

If on departure level take the escalator down to arrival, walk out of the terminal and turn left. You will pass the bus shuttles to the airport hotels and taxis. Cross the street - whilst waking under the access road above to departures - you will see taxi divers' coffee shop to the right - and more taxis parked to your left. You will see the First Class Terminal across the street. Cross the street in front of the coffee shop, turn right and the First Class Terminal is on your left. Go through the automatic doors and take the elevator to the main reception area.

Pictorial guide may be found here.

If the FCT is not meant to be a transfer lounge then why do some people use it as such?
- Aside from the experience, there are practical reasons for you to consider using the FCT for a connection:
  • If you have a long layover, the FCT will be less crowded than the FCL B (but more crowded than the even newer FCL A by A13).
  • If your connection requires clearing passport controls, it is faster to do it at the FCT where you will surrender your passport upon admittance and get it back moments before you are driven to your plane. Presumably if immigration has questions they will deal with it while you are lounging in the FCT versus waiting until you depart for your plane. Note that permanent residents of the USA who are heading back to the USA from FRA or a connecting airport should also surrender their green card, but gently but firmly request it be returned quickly. The German immigration people don't need your green card, and LH only needs it to enter into the passenger record, so there is no reason why your personal assistant cannot return it to you soon after.
  • You do not have to waste time walking from the FCL to a gate position that is potentially more distant from the lounge than your arriving gate, or worse yet, is actually a bus to a plane parked at an apron position in the middle of the tarmac. You will leave the FCT after boarding starts and a driver will take you to the plane wherever it is.
  • If your plane is parked at a jetway, you will be whisked to the front of the line of pax boarding in the jetway, saving even more time.
  • If your connection requires going through security, you are guaranteed to have a much faster and gentler screening at the FCT than going through security in the main terminals, and if you are carrying valuables, the FCT checkpoint eliminates all angst about theft or forgetting them.

How many guests am I permitted in the FCT?
- One, assuming a lower cabin class and that they will be travelling on the same flight as you. If they also are confirmed to travel in F, they too will be entitled to a guest, meeting the same criteria
- Anyone with a confirmed segment in F is also entitled to bring in their spouse/partner and/or children, provided they are departing on the same flight, irrespective of the cabin class they are travelling in

I’m arriving on LH/LX/OS C and departing TG/SQ/etc. F, do I get in to the F terminal?
- No, but you will have access LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) Lounges which are designated as First Class Lounges for Star Alliance carriers.

I'm arriving on TG/SQ/etc. F and departing on LH, Swiss, Austrian C do I get in to the FCT?
- Not unless you hold HON status, otherwise you will have access LH Business Lounges unlesss you hold Star Alliance Gold status and access to LH Senator (Star Alliance Gold) Lounges. Certain airlines (e.g. SQ) have arrangements for arriving F passengers to access LH Senator Lounges regardless of their status.

I’m arriving on any carrier in any cabin class and departing same day on LH/LX F do I get in to the FCT?
- Yes.

I'm arriving on LH / LX F and departing same day on another carrier in any cabin class, will I have access to the FCT?
- Yes, if your onward flight is operated by LH, Swiss or Austrian Airlines Group. Otherwise, you will only have access to the LH First Class Lounges or (if eligible) the lounge of the airline operating your onward flight.

What is the minimum connect time between flights in order to use the FCT?
- 90 mins is recommended, however some have observed that 60 mins is acceptable, while others still have got away with just 20 mins. Bear in mind, if in transit, that you will need to factor in the time between arrival and departure

Do I need to tip the staff in the FCT?
- According to LH policy, FCT staff are not allowed to accept gratuities.

What's the food like in the FCT?
- Well above the standard of anything you might expect from any airline in the air, a cut above lounge food of any other airline and equivalent to a smart restaurant in any major city

VAT Refund
- Yes, but there is a $75 trip fee and CC refund only.

Print Wikipost

The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: ITA Executive, LH FTL, AT Silver
Hey all, super quick question on entry

Imagine this scenario.
  • Friend, HON, travelling with his daughter on LH flights and connecting in FRA
  • Me travelling on the same onwards flight as them
Is my understanding correct, that he's allowed one guest IN ADDITION to his daughter, as we're travelling all on the same outbound flights?
Please make me happy and tell me I can finally visit paradise! :-)
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
By the official rules: Only if the daughter is 18 years-old or younger. Otherwise she's the guest.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: ITA Executive, LH FTL, AT Silver
Thank you. Let's see how it goes, if not SEN Lounge it is...
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, as long as the flight is operated by Lufthansa.
However, only on the return from FRA (unless they have a connecting flight from FRA on the inbound).
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
However, only on the return from FRA (unless they have a connecting flight from FRA on the inbound).
Well... yes, he wouldn't be able to use FRA FCT when leaving SIN...
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: LH HON**
I am booked on LH465 FRA-MCO and had planned to use the FCT as HON traveling in C; there is no F on this route. Today I received notification that the flight has become LH4270 due to wetlease and gone from "Operated by Lufthansa" to "Operated by Finnair for EW Discover". Does this mean that I won't be able to use the FCT?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Vixit
I am booked on LH465 FRA-MCO and had planned to use the FCT as HON traveling in C; there is no F on this route. Today I received notification that the flight has become LH4270 due to wetlease and gone from "Operated by Lufthansa" to "Operated by Finnair for EW Discover". Does this mean that I won't be able to use the FCT?
correct, FCL only.
Vixit likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Ouch, not nice, so probably not, you could raise a complaint it’s a not insignificant service failure
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Ouch, not nice, so probably not, you could raise a complaint it’s a not insignificant service failure
FCL it is then…
On the flip side the 1-2-1 seats on Finnair’s A350 seem nicer than the aged LH seats. Wet leasing from a One World carrier will perhaps have unexpected consequences for LH. I also had a better flight with BA today than with SN yesterday…
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FCL it is then…
On the flip side the 1-2-1 seats on Finnair’s A350 seem nicer than the aged LH seats. Wet leasing from a One World carrier will perhaps have unexpected consequences for LH. I also had a better flight with BA today than with SN yesterday…
Yes, unintentional benefits of a better J seat but you could still file a complaint & see what the response is, as HON we do have promises of service directly from CS himself after all, we do have special feedback channels as HON & FCL B remains closed so non schengen departures are not nice unless you want to be in the SEN B F corral
Vixit likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: LH HON
Yes, unintentional benefits of a better J seat but you could still file a complaint & see what the response is, as HON we do have promises of service directly from CS himself after all, we do have special feedback channels as HON & FCL B remains closed so non schengen departures are not nice unless you want to be in the SEN B F corral
FCL B would still be inconvenient as no car to 4Y flights and departure probably from Z.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
FCL B would still be inconvenient as no car to 4Y flights and departure probably from Z.
The return flight is also affected, does this mean that the entire trip is now disqualified from earning HON miles since it is no long LH metal flying? If yes, then now I’m really annoyed
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EW Disco also earns you HON miles: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en..._basic_01.html
Vixit likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
Yes, i won’t be going there
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:03 pm
a7x

Hey all,

Wanted to post a quick note about our experiences in using FCT (spoiler: we never made it there).
We did YVR-FRA-DEL on Aug 24th. Our flight was almost an hour late from Vancouver and eventually, 30 minutes late in landing at FRA.
Following landing, we had to wait another 10 minutes to get our stroller (gate checked) and then eventually take the escalator up.

At this point, I was confused -- where was the guy trying to take us to FCT? I read on FT that someone might be there (especially when the next flight is in <90 minutes).

My son (2 years old) was being super cranky coz he had missed his nap and it was late night in Vancouver. I asked a support person who told us she didn't care and she wanted me to stand in line at Lufthansa help desk to ask.
That line was long! So, I asked someone with those golf carts to help me find FCT. He said that there's no point in going to FCT when the next flight is right <there> (the gate behind us). I said that's ok! FCT person can bring us, can you just help us call FCT so that we can ask them to figure this .... out.

Eventually, I gave up No one could tell me just how to exit that terminal and where to go for FCT. So, we did security and then someone told us there's a lounge right <there>

But, the elevator wasn't working. So, I with a sleepy kid and a very tired wife -- first, took all of our stuff down the stairs. Then, my son and wife walked. Then, we slowly made our way to SEN lounge which was super crowded :/

Oh, and here's the final twist: we made it to the gate as the flight was going to board and guess what -- the flight was an hour late! But, they never updated the gate announcement. So, we just stood there for 30 minutes and I kept complaining until they let us stand away from everyone else coz my kid just eventually went to sleep in his stroller

So, tl;dr -- we never made it to FCT despite our best efforts. And I hated the Frankfurt airport.

Oh, and lastly -- you know why flight was late? They never had enough cleaners apparently.

Oh, did I forget to mention? Despite the flight being an hour late, our luggage didn't make it to DEL on time. We got it 3 days later.

See ya FCT. maybe next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.