Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is HON worth to you?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by sophialite
Probably not worth the personal capital and extra effort. HON is best if earned via travel you already had to do, not travel you do just to make it (unless, of course, you're a trivial amount of miles short and want to do a run).

Cheaper to fly F on the trips you already do. If you're looking for intra-EU flying in style, fly private or book airport VIP services.
what she said.

but seems like the OP is more after the ‚status glamour‘. He mentioned that money is not an issue but at the same time is after KBP fares so I think i‘ll excuse myself from this discussion
MichielR, mmff and vantage03 like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by daumueller

what she said.

but seems like the OP is more after the ‚status glamour‘. He mentioned that money is not an issue but at the same time is after KBP fares so I think i‘ll excuse myself from this discussion
Love it
Old May 2, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by daumueller

what she said.

Haha, some nice (attempt to) profiling! But just like to fly a lot, still as affordable as possible of course, and see if I can reach HON. Nice to collect the miles, and later get some better care when flying.

PS. In addition to KBP fares, I am now also considering MXP fares!
Old May 2, 2019, 4:42 am

MXP is actually a city I would consider visiting (as opposed to KBP). What are the fares you're referencing?
Old May 2, 2019, 4:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
MXP is actually a city I would consider visiting (as opposed to KBP). What are the fares you're referencing?
LH Group: ~€1200 Business Companion MXP/FCO-BKK/ICN/HKG
Old May 2, 2019, 4:46 am

Oh I thought there was an F fare floating around, although I do see GBP 3.7k to West Coast ex MXP, which is competitive.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Oh I thought there was an F fare floating around, although I do see GBP 3.7k to West Coast ex MXP, which is competitive.
And it seems like Companion offer is also valid for F, when using code LGPARTYOF2...

With regards to KBP or MXP, guess that's personal. For me, never been to KBP before where instead of MLX I am several times a year (but closer to home to start my trip).
Old May 2, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
And it seems like Companion offer is also valid for F, when using code LGPARTYOF2...
Yes, but the other issue with the companion fares is that they don't apply to US destinations, which is where I primarily spend my long haul bucks going to.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The MXP companion offer is also available to the US in F. Some research effort required.
Nik_Jr likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The MXP companion offer is also available to the US in F. Some research effort required.
Yeah, so I did do research effort (at least enough to qualify for "some"), no such fares to JFK/EWR/SFO in December, January, at least as far as I can tell. But if you see them, I'm all eyes and happy to eat a hat or something.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: LH HON**
Since I’m a newbie, I looked at the thread title and went back to the very first post of 2008. At a first glance it seems like HON benefits haven’t evolved in 11 years or more, while I believe the status has become more difficult to achieve.

Would be curious to hear from HONs what benefits you wish you had, but that have either been removed over time, or not been added so far?

What benefits have you noticed that other airlines offer to their ultra top tiers, but you don’t get from the LH Group as HONs?

Perhaps you even feel that, realistically speaking, this is as good as it will ever get?
Old May 2, 2019, 6:13 am

The only tangible benefit I've seen on other carriers that HON didn't have is more generosity with upgrade certs and premium award availability.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I recommend for a good comparison to take a look at the AFKL ultimate thread and you will discover that it is no match for HON. A few posters there have ULT and HON status and can directly compare.

BA GGL is great if you are LHR based but does not provide any solution for awful transfers at LHR.

Despite devaluations over the last years, HON is still ahead of other top statuses IMO.

Put differently: without HON I avoided FRA at all cost, and with HON I’m there just about every other week.
chris63, JohnRain and vantage03 like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
I recommend for a good comparison to take a look at the AFKL ultimate thread and you will discover that it is no match for HON. A few posters there have ULT and HON status and can directly compare.

BA GGL is great if you are LHR based but does not provide any solution for awful transfers at LHR.

Despite devaluations over the last years, HON is still ahead of other top statuses IMO.
Yup, after doing a lot of research on my own, I reached the same conclusion (unfortunately). I think UA GS might be more generous in some respects, but then you'd have to fly UA quite a bit. I wish that on no one.
MichielR and vantage03 like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Vixit
Since I’m a newbie, I looked at the thread title and went back to the very first post of 2008. At a first glance it seems like HON benefits haven’t evolved in 11 years or more, while I believe the status has become more difficult to achieve.

Would be curious to hear from HONs what benefits you wish you had, but that have either been removed over time, or not been added so far?

What benefits have you noticed that other airlines offer to their ultra top tiers, but you don’t get from the LH Group as HONs?

Perhaps you even feel that, realistically speaking, this is as good as it will ever get?
seriously, HON requires a travel pattern that usually involves quite some F travel anyway (I know that there are exceptions but most HONs I know get their fare share of F. Period.) so on the ground and in the air, it’s comparable.

while limo and lounge on a intra European trip in Y, it’s nothing I’d bend over backwards for.

the quality of the personal assistants varies (as kind of to be expected), still they all try their best and despite me sometimes wishing they had more power in clearing A waitlists etc, I get it that from an economical standpoint it doesn’t always make sense. Fair enough.

so all in all: being HON is nice and it pays off well in irrops. But I wouldn’t go out of my way to re qualify.

to your actual question: where available, my long haul travel is usually in F. When going on vacation i usually travel on miles. It is becoming more and more difficult to get the F awards I want at the right dates (my schedule is rather fixed so ‚I found something 5 days later‘ doesn’t help). So one benefit that i‘d really appreciate would be booking guarantee (limited to for example 2 trips at 2 pax per year or so) in O - not just I. While it’s nice that I can get pretty much any flight
in business as an award, why would I want that if the flight has F...

zara likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.