Search

What is HON worth to you?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:51 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by andre1970
For HON @:-). And for love! ... Everybody loves you when you're HON. You are (thought to be) more informed! You're a role-model for everyone! You're the coolest guy alive! You're entitled to a fan-club full of groupies! When they grow up they wanna be like you! And those who can't, they just turn green from envy!!

I can understand Andre1970. Had a similar reaction once when a group of LH girlies on a party in Casablanca found out that I am a Hon. ^ I left the casa blanca, nevertheless...
Casablanca, girlies, ....
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by szg
Casablanca, girlies, ....
Finally , we are getting to the true benefits of HON.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:02 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat 1a
I should rethink about making HON then.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 12:06 pm

Programs: too many...
There are rewards in addition to the LH 'enhancements'?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by Hardy
Up to 2000 Euro... is what I am willing to spend to preserve my HONdom.
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Com'n this is a very low price you will pay for the black card and all the priviligies you will get when you fly on LH and LX
Sure, some of the benefits are priceless. Unfortunately my time and resources are limited, so I have to set priorities. This is the amount that I can justify with me and my family (as their immediate benefits are limited).

Fortunately my "gap" is comparable to that of the OP, so HON renewal is within reach.

In general, that "luxury premium" of some 1-3k is about in line with the cost of other "p€nis enlargements" like Centurion card etc.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
HON-Groupies!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:29 am

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
For me HON was worth about 8K. As my employer only pays for Y tickets that was the money I spent out of my own pocket to pay the difference to C. Was it worth it? The perks are nice, but in times when I needed the "attention" (i.e. missed connections) the status sometimes proved to be a drawback (anyone remember that for a whole HONs flying out of SAS managed stations would be tagged as *Blue/Base?).

As I changed my travel patterns to spend more time with my family (and the employer still only pays Y) I will probably end up 100K miles short for my requalification next year. Would I spend 15K for two MRs to SIN in F (not doing the HON Run again): Probably not.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:41 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pokeshot
Would I spend 15K for two MRs to SIN in F (not doing the HON Run again): Probably not.
You are my friend !! ^
Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: Many, most dormant...
Originally Posted by Hardy
.Two nights in Paris Hilton , great entertainment.
You meant the Paris Hilton, didn't you?

Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalSights

Hey, who knows ?
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
..since I own 25% of the shares... thanks for the kind words.
At least 25% ... as TEO alluded to.
..I find it always funny to read discussion about the amount to spend to achieve HON status. I doubt, that more than a handful HONs really calculates that way. Many HONs get their status just due to their flying pattern. Some may be short towards the end of the qualification/requalification period..
So in other words, the effort LH invests into the HON program is pearls to the pigs (no pun intended) as they purely schedule driven and service is a mere bonus but not a decision driving criterion @:-)!
Woult it sound better, when I say "to be there and to be back".
For me yes. As weekends and min return times are always discountable items and my time is hardly ever worth the fare difference.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 12:28 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by weero
So in other words, the effort LH invests into the HON program is pearls to the pigs (no pun intended) as they purely schedule driven and service is a mere bonus but not a decision driving criterion @:-)!
Excellent point ^. Meaning the HON program was entirely "blank ammo" from a marketing pov. Since LH claims the exact opposite somebody has a problem of credibility here...
Old Oct 28, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by GlobalSights

yep, the HON Circle benefits do not go THAT far (afaik)
Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by weero
No, not necessarily true. There is still the important decision about the airline to use on a trip. The HON program drives decisions to LH metal and integrated partners metal and against NH, SQ, TG, SA and so on.

So HON is of course a decision driven criterion, but IMHO not significantly whether or not one flies from A to B. The significant factor for LH is to keep the high yield customers on their own metal.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
No, not necessarily true. There is still the important decision about the airline to use on a trip. The HON program drives decisions to LH metal and integrated partners metal and against NH, SQ, TG, SA and so on.
While I actually do believe that and also believe that this was the decisive factor in launching the expensive HON program .. it strongly collides with the schedule driven logic as andre1970 explains.

As we see in prime examples such as SMK77 - many premium flyers go out of their way to travel in the fattest possible luxury.

I do agree that LH probably hasn't planned for those who do MRs and fly ZRH-STR 4 times a day but HON is not tailored for people with schedule only in mind.
The significant factor for LH is to keep the high yield customers on their own metal.
Yep. But your above argument does not bolster that view .
Originally Posted by andre1970
Excellent point ^. Meaning the HON program was entirely "blank ammo" from a marketing pov. Since LH claims the exact opposite somebody has a problem of credibility here...

Not so much credibility but definitely a deviating pov.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.