LH to base 6 A319 in MXP [merged LH Italia]

Old Sep 11, 08, 5:31 am
Original Poster

LH to base 6 A319 in MXP [merged LH Italia]

From February 2009, Lufthansa will offer passengers a greatly expanded service from Milan Malpensa to attractive European destinations. Direct flights will then be available from the North Italian city to Barcelona, Brussels, Budapest, Bucharest, Madrid and Paris. In the 2009 summer timetable London and Lisbon will be added as further destinations.

"With the introduction of our new, direct flights from Milan, we will be able to offer customers in Italy a reliable service with the usual high Lufthansa quality," said Karl Ulrich Garnadt, Executive Vice President of Lufthansa Passenger Airlines. "Milan Malpensa’s catchment area extends is one of the key economic regions in Europe. Moreover, by expanding our services, we will create about 150 new jobs in Milan."

Next year, Lufthansa will base six Airbus A319s in Italy. The A319s will be operated by Lufthansa’s Italian subsidiary Air Dolomiti.

The flights from Milan can be booked from mid-October via the usual distribution channels. Round-trip flights are available for as little as 99 euros, including taxes, charges and the Lufthansa Ticket Service Charge for tickets booked online at www.lufthansa.com.
Old Sep 11, 08, 5:47 am
hch

So the rumor that the planes Germanwings gets rig of this Winter will go to Air Dolomiti are true after all. Nice for everyone living in or connecting through MXP!
Old Sep 11, 08, 6:05 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
I wonder why they didn't go for Milan-FCO which is one of the best paying routes in Europe.

Let's see whether the 319s will stay in MXP if LH really does acquire (parts of) the airline which is always late in take-off and always late in arrival.
Old Sep 11, 08, 6:25 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Triple3 View Post
I wonder why they didn't go for Milan-FCO which is one of the best paying routes in Europe.

Let's see whether the 319s will stay in MXP if LH really does acquire (parts of) the airline which is always late in take-off and always late in arrival.
I'm still not convinced LH is truly interested in Aircraft Landed in Tokyo, All Luggage in Atlanta. What benefit would LH have from an acquisition other than a few second-hand aircraft?
Old Sep 11, 08, 6:26 am
hch

I think this is a pretty clear sign that LH plans to build up their own network instead of dealing with the Alitalia mess.
Old Sep 11, 08, 10:40 am

Programs: SK*G
Here is the LH press release, which also states that LH decided to base A319's at MXP instead of the originally planned E195's:

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/html...09/856/HOM&s=0
Old Sep 11, 08, 11:51 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
So what's going to happen to those Embraers on order? Never been on one but I would be happy to try, Brazilian products have always been good to me
Old Sep 11, 08, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by supermasterphil View Post
So what's going to happen to those Embraers on order? Never been on one but I would be happy to try, Brazilian products have always been good to me
I could see them replacing the numerous Avros and 146s in the Cityline fleet.

I have not been on the Embraer 190 yet, but I have flown on the 170 - it's a very nice plane. A little snug though...
Old Sep 11, 08, 2:09 pm

Brazilian products have always been good to me
Try the Embraer 145 on Luxair: Slide into... the leather seat, you will not be disappointed.

It's also worth a try on AF Régional and on AZ.

Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
A little snug though...
Better tight than worn out Like those bizarre Avros.
Old Sep 11, 08, 3:17 pm
hch

Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
I could see them replacing the numerous Avros and 146s in the Cityline fleet.

I have not been on the Embraer 190 yet, but I have flown on the 170 - it's a very nice plane. A little snug though...
I've been on AC E190s and they're quite nice.
Old Sep 11, 08, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by hch View Post
I think this is a pretty clear sign that LH plans to build up their own network instead of dealing with the Alitalia mess.
By placing the A319s there they have just reduced the price tag even further. For all potential buyers.
Old Sep 12, 08, 1:10 am

So what's going to happen to those Embraers on order?
Replacement for the 146ers so that they can keep up LCY service.

Unfortunately LH voted against the A318.

Last edited by Triple3; Sep 12, 08 at 1:49 am Reason: Realised that the E190 is st. app. certified already
Old Sep 12, 08, 1:26 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Replacement for the 146ers. LH seems to hope that the Embraers will get steep approach cert so that they can keep up LCY service.

Unfortunately LH voted against the A318.
That's an interesting topic! I am unfortunately not too familiar with LCY. Does the new version of the Dash have approval for LCY?
Old Sep 12, 08, 1:45 am

That's an interesting topic! I am unfortunately not too familiar with LCY. Does the new version of the Dash have approval for LCY?
I assume you refer to the Q400 NG? If so: Not yet IIRC. Still undergoing testing for steep approach cert. To be granted in beginning of 2009.
Old Sep 12, 08, 1:52 am
hch

I assume you refer to the Q400 NG? If so: Not yet IIRC. Still undergoing testing for steep approach cert. To be granted in beginning of 2009.
I was under the impressions the Q400 NG was just a bunch of interior mods over the "normal" Q400. And I've flown with an Augsburg Airlines Q400 into LCY a few years ago.

Search this Thread