Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-DEL via Munich or FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

SFO-DEL via Munich or FRA?

Trying to decide between SFO-FRA-DEL (LH 455/760) vs SFO-MUC-DEL (LH 459/762) on paid C.

1. Is there a general preference between 346 vs 747-400?
2. Which is easier for connecting - MUC or FRA?
3. Better lounge at MUC or FRA? I am *A Gold and flying C.. not sure which lounge I should be accessing.
4. Purely on timing, FRA seems better as it lands at 00:35 am vs MUC at 7:10 am. Morning traffic in Delhi might be horrendous.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Hi! Have you done a search? There are plenty of threads here comparing aircraft, airports, lounges etc. which will answer most of the questions you might have.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:19 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
1. A346
2. MUC
3. SEN Lounge
4. Your personal preference

The explanation for answers 1-3 can be found if you search.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by MC_ite
4. Purely on timing, FRA seems better as it lands at 00:35 am vs MUC at 7:10 am. Morning traffic in Delhi might be horrendous.
But 00:35 am is when everybody & their dog lands in DEL. 7:10 am on the other hand is very civilised. Last time I arrived from MUC (in April '08), I was in C, and through passport, baggage retrieval and customs in 15 mins after doors open.

(of course, there were then no cars available from the prepaid taxi desks. So I slummed it to the domestic terminal, on the free shuttle bus. That wasn't too unpleasant either, at that time of day.)
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
But 00:35 am is when everybody & their dog lands in DEL. 7:10 am on the other hand is very civilised. Last time I arrived from MUC (in April '08), I was in C, and through passport, baggage retrieval and customs in 15 mins after doors open.

(of course, there were then no cars available from the prepaid taxi desks. So I slummed it to the domestic terminal, on the free shuttle bus. That wasn't too unpleasant either, at that time of day.)
And since many of the overpassses and parts of the MRT are completed, I find DEL traffic not to bad..... Much better than in many other Indian cities

Cheers, S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.