FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH and LO don't get along too well? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/856362-lh-lo-dont-get-along-too-well.html)

muc_flyer Aug 17, 2008 7:07 am

LH and LO don't get along too well?

It seemed a bit odd to me how LH and LO treat each other at FRA, MUC and WAW with regards to limousine service when arriving or departing at remote position.
LH does serve LH, OS and LX flights in MUC and FRA, but not LO flights.
LO does serve OS and LO flights in WAW, but not LH flights.
Is this purely caused by commercial disagreement between both - I would be happy if they could solve it for the benefit of the customers...

szg Aug 17, 2008 7:10 am

Yes, I have only seen the HON limousine transfer on a LO operated flight to WAW.

sentom Aug 17, 2008 8:31 am

Originally Posted by muc_flyer (Post 10215041)
It seemed a bit odd to me how LH and LO treat each other at FRA, MUC and WAW with regards to limousine service when arriving or departing at remote position.
LH does serve LH, OS and LX flights in MUC and FRA, but not LO flights.
LO does serve OS and LO flights in WAW, but not LH flights.
Is this purely caused by commercial disagreement between both - I would be happy if they could solve it for the benefit of the customers...

i think this is ridiculous no matter what the reason for it is. not serving an airline who is an integrated M&M partner doesn't make much sense!

muc_flyer Aug 17, 2008 9:10 am

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 10215264)
i think this is ridiculous no matter what the reason for it is. not serving an airline who is an integrated M&M partner doesn't make much sense!

yeah well, maybe no one (or not enough people) bothered about it so far, and strange behavior it is indeed. How to achieve this is gonna be changed is the key and this might be to first understand why they don't like each other to come to a solution in a second "phase" ;)

supermasterphil Aug 17, 2008 9:32 am

What does the HON line say about it?

muc_flyer Aug 17, 2008 9:38 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 10215444)
What does the HON line say about it?

they just guessed and forwarded this to customer relations :(

supermasterphil Aug 17, 2008 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by muc_flyer (Post 10215468)
they just guessed and forwarded this to customer relations :(

Well, I guess they wouldn't answer you: we dislike LOT but we share our mileage program with them :o

muc_flyer Aug 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 10216154)
we dislike LOT but we share our mileage program with them :o

...and they do so as well in return :D

supermasterphil Aug 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by muc_flyer (Post 10216195)
...and they do so as well in return :D

And if they continue to behave like that, we will oversalt the sandwiches that our LSG colleagues equip on board LOT metal :p

muc_flyer Aug 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 10216204)
And if they continue to behave like that, we will oversalt the sandwiches that our LSG colleagues equip on board LOT metal :p

I know someone who knows someone at LSG... :D

red star Aug 17, 2008 2:44 pm

About 2 years ago LH, OS and LX started to share the check-in counters in BRU with LO. Unfortunately no staff had been added so queuing became pretty usual even at F/*G/SEN counter. Surprisingly the answer to that misery has`nt been more stuff but throwing LO out of the circle last year. Seems to be real friendship...

DownUnderFlyer Aug 17, 2008 10:31 pm

So people are more thirsty and drink the airline into bankruptcy? What a brilliant plan! ^ ;)

SuperFlyBoy Aug 17, 2008 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by sentom (Post 10215264)

Well, LH doesn't serve SK very well (at FRA/MUC), according to SK crew, and I have seen this and been inconvenienced by the same!

supermasterphil Aug 18, 2008 12:22 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 10218461)
Well, LH doesn't serve SK very well (at FRA/MUC), according to SK crew, and I have seen this and been inconvenienced by the same!

With all due to respect, SK is not part of M&M and just part of *A. Of course, LH should treat them good but there should be a logical difference between LO (fully integrated) and SK.

I bet on the usual "but we are LH, screw you" attitude

Raf Aug 18, 2008 2:15 am

Your LSG colleagues does not equip LOT metal any sandwiches (witch are already oversalted). LOT serves fresh snack sets prepared by their own subsidiary:p.
You should just try it and feel the difference...