my miles now are worth even more

Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
my miles now are worth even more

While we rightfully complain about the constant devaluation of our miles when it comes to forge them into flight awards, their monetary value reliably increases in value.

And that tendency even resists the Euro growing stronger and stronger - an evolution that floods me with pride.

The first exposure to the real value of our miles happened when the 'Pact des Loups' circumcised the SEN overdraft and made us lowly SENiles liable to pay 2 Euro cents per lousy mile.

Till then, I erroneously always though of miles to be worth sumthin like <<1 US cent. But M&M being wolfed by its new CEO taught me new insights.

And now LX further increases the value of our stash of miles to a splendid 2.5 Euro Cents per miles.

And that literally buys us a seat in LX' vintage Busines Class or on National Glory. As this is - the convoluted and somewhat camp working aside - for standby upgrades at the gate, resulting in an one-way standby upgrade cost for say 50K*0.025EUR = 1250 EUR. Which only is about 3 to 6 fold of what the competition demands on a TATL.

Yes, yes, yes .. I too deplore that Wolfi tries to rip us off. But look at the bright side: it keeps increasing the delusional value of our miles ^!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Reading the first few lines, I believed weero was either

sick

or

drunk

Then I found out, nothing was wrong, just the usual attitude but he kept it together at the beginning
Old Aug 7, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Someone must point to the positive sides of M&M. At the end everything is just a question of viewpoint.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Triple3
..At the end everything is just a question of viewpoint.
At whose end ???
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by weero
At whose end ???
The Wolf's end.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Triple3
The Wolf's end.
You wish. The Wolf is here to stay
Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:23 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
On a serious note, I actually feel that my miles are worth more than a while ago. Not just with LH but also with other airlines.
A lot of the increases in the last few months were the actual fares, not the fuel surcharges. So our miles have actually become more valuable. On LH the reduction for the SEN anytime ward from 200% to 150% is also extra value.

The devaluation of airline miles is happening a lot slower than for example hotel points. Every year there is a significant devaluation happening at Starwood and Co and it is not that bad on the airline front.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
..The devaluation of airline miles is happening a lot slower than for example hotel points. Every year there is a significant devaluation happening at Starwood and Co and it is not that bad on the airline front.
Yep ... at this stage they still try to screw us over at the availability side. Allowing hold times for TG or SQ awards for 3 days or less. More recently for SYD-SIN-FRA, LH offered me a 24hour hold, UA zero hours ...

Brave new world.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 7:37 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Yep ... at this stage they still try to screw us over at the availability side. Allowing hold times for TG or SQ awards for 3 days or less. More recently for SYD-SIN-FRA, LH offered me a 24hour hold, UA zero hours ...

Brave new world.
AFAIK SQ has imposed a zero hold time for LH (?) awards.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 7:57 am
Original Poster

How recently was that?
UA went to zero about 8 weeks ago. Not even two weeks ago LH did this 24h limit thingie to me. That could well be the 'SEN&HON implementation for no hold time whatsoever' .
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:59 am

When booking with LH M&M currency - SQ is zero hold time and with TG one can get 24 hrs.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Hello

Having the ability to pay the taxes and surcharges with 10k miles within Europe is a positive thing me thinks. Like this the availability increased since it makes no difference if the flight is nonstop or one stop, usually the one stop was very unattractive due to even higher taxes.

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:16 pm

More recently for SYD-SIN-FRA, LH offered me a 24hour hold, UA zero hours ...
UA is still allowing for awards with MP miles on that route? How / with what will they reimburse SQ?

Me couldn't get hold of any F / C class awards on FRA-ORD with MP - worked only with M&M currency.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.