Lounge access in FRA

Old Jul 29, 08, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent, any airline, SPG Plat and Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Lounge access in FRA

First, I apologize because I'm probably posting in the wrong place. And.... because I know this has most likely been discussed but I couldn't find anything when I searched.
So here's the question. My husband and I are traveling on LH in C from SFO to BLQ on UA award tickets. We have a 3+ hour layover in FRA before continuing. Are we able to use any lounges in Frankfurt? We're lowly 2P's.

Thanks to anyone, but please don't yell. I'm new at posting.
Old Jul 30, 08, 1:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wcrhkd View Post
My husband and I are traveling on LH in C from SFO to BLQ on UA award tickets. We have a 3+ hour layover in FRA before continuing. Are we able to use any lounges in Frankfurt? We're lowly 2P's.
Yes, you will have access to a Business lounge at FRA because you are travelling in C.

Some pointers here:
Rules for LH lounge access in The Miles and More Guide
LH's lounge overview
Old Jul 30, 08, 2:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
You can also have a look at the LH lounge meeting thread and see if someone can guest you into one of the SEN lounges. You can also post in this thread if you like to meet fellow FTers.
Old Jul 30, 08, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent, any airline, SPG Plat and Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thank you both very much. This helps a great deal.
Old Jul 31, 08, 12:54 am

If traveling in business on UA into FRA and continuing in coach within Europe on Lufthansa without the frequent flyer status, can one access LH business lounge?
Old Jul 31, 08, 1:00 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin View Post
If traveling in business on UA into FRA and continuing in coach within Europe on Lufthansa without the frequent flyer status, can one access LH business lounge?
No, you have to depart on LH in C to get access to the LH business lounge.
Old Aug 14, 08, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, SPG Platinum-Bonvoyage, Hilton Diamond
FRA SEN Lounge near gates C14-C16

I was wondering whether someone could clarify a question I have regarding access to a specific SEN lounge at FRA. I will be flying from FRA to JNB on 20 August and it appears that this flight typically departs from the C gates. As a *G, I plan to avail myself of the SEN lounge nearest to those gates but LH's comments about access to this particular SEN lounge by *G area unclear. The lounge appears to be available when one searches for SEN lounges at FRA:

http://tinyurl.com/59htk6

But not when one searches for *G access.

Is there really such a restriction or is this just an error/oversight from the LH web site? I am planning to host another FTer into the lounge that evening so I would like to clarify this so the two of us wind up at the same place.
Old Aug 14, 08, 10:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG
Originally Posted by LarryU View Post
IAs a *G, I plan to avail myself of the SEN lounge nearest to those gates but LH's comments about access to this particular SEN lounge by *G area unclear.
You're in luck. The nicest SEN lounge in FRA is located directly above the C14-16 gate area. As you leave the lounge, you'll walk into one of the adjacent Business lounges, and board the aircraft directly from there without even enterring the gate area.
Old Aug 14, 08, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, SPG Platinum-Bonvoyage, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andymell View Post
You're in luck. The nicest SEN lounge in FRA is located directly above the C14-16 gate area. As you leave the lounge, you'll walk into one of the adjacent Business lounges, and board the aircraft directly from there without even enterring the gate area.
So, I can access this SEN lounge, even though it is not specifically listed when one searches for *G access?

From this page, change the first pull down to say "Star Gold Card" and the second pulldown to say "Frankfurt/Main." Click on "Select" and the C SEN lounge does not appear on the list of available lounges. However, it does appear if one searches by "Senator" instead of "Star Gold Card."
Old Aug 14, 08, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG
Originally Posted by LarryU View Post
So, I can access this SEN lounge, even though it is not specifically listed when one searches for *G access?
I had no problems with my UA 1P card. Also, the only reason they restrict access to SEN-only for space constraints, and it's a big lounge serving only a few gates, so that's not an issue.

Search this Thread