Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by cstorrie
does anyone know if the new pyjamas/sleep shirt have made it to J yet? I can't see any update since last year when it said early 2018, not sure if that's tied to the May date for new amenity kits
I may be wrong but I believe pajamas never "make it to J" on LH.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Jill Sander ....again ...�� LH779 SIN to FRA

Praying they run out soon & never bring them back
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Blue Sander last week on LAX-MUC.

WIll put it in the same corner with the F/PJ notebook, so they can keep each other company until I find a use for them, which is unlikely.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Blue Sander last week on LAX-MUC.

WIll put it in the same corner with the F/PJ notebook, so they can keep each other company until I find a use for them, which is unlikely.

Will have to do the same, I would be embarrassed to even give them away.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Braun Buffel on last nights 779 in F, hardly exciting 🙁
Old May 11, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Braun Buffel on last nights 779 in F, hardly exciting 🙁
Same with JFK. Pretty lame.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1
Same with JFK. Pretty lame.
Very !

Bring back Rimowa , even TG manage to do do that 👍
Old May 14, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Passengers on selected long-haul flights lasting ten and a half or more hours can now relax even more with the new "Dream Collection"

From now on, Lufthansa Business Class passengers on long-haul flights to and from South Africa, Latin and South America and the West Coast of the USA can enjoy an even more relaxed night's sleep. The Lufthansa Dream Collection makes it possible! In addition to a new pillowcase and a large, warm blanket, a comfortable mattress topper makes for beautiful dreams. In addition, our passengers can make themselves comfortable on night flights with the new sleep shirt from Van Laack.

The soft and padded mattress topper was developed especially for Lufthansa in cooperation with the renowned German bed manufacturer "Paradies". While the upper side is made of 100 percent cotton, the underside is made of non-slip terry cloth. This enables an ideal air exchange, which prevents strong heat accumulation. A similarly soft filling is provided by the new blanket and pillow, which provide pleasant warmth and comfort. Both the blanket and the pillowcase are designed in Lufthansa's new brand design. Since Lufthansa is also setting standards in terms of environmental friendliness, the plastic packaging of the blanket was replaced by a paper banderole.

The increase in sleeping comfort in Business Class is symbolic of Lufthansa's premium standard. Last December, the airline was the first western airline to receive the five-star seal from Skytrax, the British management consultancy specialized in aviation.

The Dream Collection will be successively introduced on all other long-haul flights. From June the Dream Collection from Germany will also be available on selected Asian flights. The other long-haul flights will receive the new blankets and pillowcases from autumn 2018.
Copying United's Polaris product for longer flights...?

(United provides the bedding and pillows for all business flights as I recall, and only limits the PJs in business for longer flights)
Old May 14, 2018, 8:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Copying United's Polaris product for longer flights...?

(United provides the bedding and pillows for all business flights as I recall, and only limits the PJs in business for longer flights)
As does ANA and I'm sure other airlines. PJs are (or at least used to be) available on request but they are not very comfortable.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
As does ANA and I'm sure other airlines. PJs are (or at least used to be) available on request but they are not very comfortable.
United's are awesome - all-cotton and very comfortable/breathable.

I use them as everyday/night pajamas now...replacing the old Jet Airways all-cotton ones, which were a bit too thick...
Old May 25, 2018, 7:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Lufthansa Amenity Kits convince with design and sustainability

Really?

The new First Class Amenity Kit, which will be on board from the end of May, recently won first place at the Onboard Hospitality Award 2018. 1,000 readers of the renowned British trade magazine took part in the survey and helped Lufthansa win the coveted award in the category "Best for First".
Wow!

New First Class kits

I have to say I'm not impressed.

https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...9-128b0183014f
Old May 25, 2018, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really?

Wow!

New First Class kits

I have to say I'm not impressed.

https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...9-128b0183014f
Don’t see anything to rave about

Lets see if they actually have them onboard end of next week
Old May 25, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Don’t see anything to rave about
I wasn't raving about anything.

But who on earth handed out this award? Presumably airlines or suppliers will have to pay apply to be considered. And why another odd shaped kit for women? Unlike Jil Sander kit this one at least has a detachable strap and may be carried as a small handbag.

BEST ONBOARD AMENITIES KIT
(First)
WINNER: Lufthansa – skysupply
JUDGES SAID: Really classy and substantial, with the feel of a lovely
gift. It’s got all the right things in it is and is very well made. First class branding, first class craftsmanship and a really well-designed, clever way to give First passengers something they will really like as well as something they will keep and continue to use.
HIGHLY COMMENDED: American Airlines – BUZZ
FINALISTS: Singapore Airlines – FORMIA; JAL – WESSCO; United Polaris – WESSCO/Linstol
Onboard Hospitality Awards - 2018 Winners are Announced!
Old May 26, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wasn't raving about anything.

But who on earth handed out this award? Presumably airlines or suppliers will have to pay apply to be considered. And why another odd shaped kit for women? Unlike Jil Sander kit this one at least has a detachable strap and may be carried as a small handbag.

Onboard Hospitality Awards - 2018 Winners are Announced!
I know you were not raving about these amazing items 😊

The Judges must have been, seems like a repeat of the Skytrax award
Old May 26, 2018, 7:54 am

What a joke — judged by “14,400+ international buyers and suppliers of onboard hospitality”.
In what world does this amenity kit win first prize?! Whatever. I wonder if this means the Rimowas are gone forever.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.