Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by moeykang
Happy to announce rimowas are back in full force... outbound from fra is the white matte version and the blue glossy ones inbound.
in J or F (do they/have they ever given Rimowa's in F?)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The funky Rimowa kits all FTers rave about are handed out in LH F. There was a cheapo bolero cloth version handed out in C for a while which doesn't really excite anyone as far as I can see
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The funky Rimowa kits all FTers rave about are handed out in LH F. There was a cheapo bolero cloth version handed out in C for a while which doesn't really excite anyone as far as I can see
Thanks - even more reason to hope for my GPU to clear
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
The FA gave me a set today. @nov11's picture didn't have the Matte Silver but that was one of the colors I got that wasn't previously reported.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by bumfluff
What are the rarest colors?
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I believe it is bronze, it is from the 1st batch of LH Rimowa (currently it is their 3rd batch), 2nd rarest is probably red, LH may have it from the first batch, but TG definitely had it from their 1st batch (currently it is also their 3rd batch). 3rd rarest is probably purple, as it only exists with TG, and it doesn't given out all the time.

I haven't seen a lot of availability on ebay for these 3 colors, you may see purple once in a while, but bronze and red are extremely rare.
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
I believe this is your pic @nov11

Does anyone know all of the colors in which the Rimowa kits are produced and offered by *A carriers? Perhaps I have imagined it, but I think I have also seen a white kit, as well as black, red, and the colors shown above, for a total of 8 colors I am aware of. Are there others?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
Does anyone know all of the colors in which the Rimowa kits are produced and offered by *A carriers? Perhaps I have imagined it, but I think I have also seen a white kit, as well as black, red, and the colors shown above, for a total of 8 colors I am aware of. Are there others?
There is certainly a White, a black, and a magenta, TG also offered a purple. I don't know all the colours- perhaps eBay does ?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:47 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There are also classical Grey and Prosecco which have not been mentioned.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
There is certainly a White, a black, and a magenta, TG also offered a purple. I don't know all the colours- perhaps eBay does ?
LOL! that would be an interesting place to start--look on eBay...or maybe find the supplier who actually makes them, and see if they are willing to sell a set or two...@:-) I can't believe there is not a flea market somewhere in Asia with a pile of them for sale...anyone up for a Rimowa Kit Hunting DO?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Some of us have fake Rimowa iPhone covers made/bought in Asia.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
LOL! that would be an interesting place to start--look on eBay...or maybe find the supplier who actually makes them, and see if they are willing to sell a set or two...@:-) I can't believe there is not a flea market somewhere in Asia with a pile of them for sale...anyone up for a Rimowa Kit Hunting DO?
Seriously I have looked- and in Akihabara while you can find phone covers, and in MNL UA kits for $1, and in Vientiane countless kits in the market (2nd floor back corner), and in PNH even more, whilst in HK with a little digging around you unearth the CX bag suppliers- I have yet to see the Rimowa kits for sale in small quantities. If you really wanted some however, you could go directly to the OEM supplier:

http://www.formia.com/fas/thai_airways_rimowa.php

FORMIA offers the travel industry a full range of quality bespoke amenity kits, bags, cosmetics and comfort items as well as tailor-made in-flight service concepts. Over the past three decades, FORMIA has forged a unique product expertise in working with hotels and airlines. The company operates globally and brings a professional and distinctive approach to premium guest and in-flight service amenities.
FORMIA‘s partnerships with luxury brands focuses in identifying the most profitable strategic fit, providing the Brand more visibility and impact and consequently adding value to the airlines’ proposition.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:15 am

The list of airline customers looks impressive.

Aero Mexico
Air Astana
Air Baltic
Air India
Air Ivoire
Asiana Airlines
Austrian
Brussels Airlines
China Airlines
CSA Czech Airlines
Etihad
Eva Air
Garuda Indonesia
Gulf Air
Japan
Jet Airways
Korean Air
LAM
Lufthansa
Malaysia Airlines
MIAT
Novair
Qatar Airways
Singapore Airlines
SriLankan Airlines
Swiss
TAM
Thai Airways
Turkish Airlines
Vietnam Airlines
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The list of airline customers looks impressive.

Aero Mexico
Air Astana
Air Baltic
Air India
Air Ivoire
Asiana Airlines
Austrian
Brussels Airlines
China Airlines
CSA Czech Airlines
Etihad
Eva Air
Garuda Indonesia
Gulf Air
Japan
Jet Airways
Korean Air
LAM
Lufthansa
Malaysia Airlines
MIAT
Novair
Qatar Airways
Singapore Airlines
SriLankan Airlines
Swiss
TAM
Thai Airways
Turkish Airlines
Vietnam Airlines
Indeed! Also the brands they represent as for example I think it would be quite neat to have a Zero Haliburton case in airline format.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:31 am

Indeed! Also the brands they represent as for example I think it would be quite neat to have a Zero Haliburton case in airline format.
+1. I would enjoy one of those as well.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by jmanirish
in J or F (do they/have they ever given Rimowa's in F?)
in F of course...
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Don't forget the moss green exclusively for BR !

No such thing of magenta, just red and purple.

From what I gathered, black, matte black (the LH logo on the Rimowa kit is black instead of white), grey, white, crème, light blue, dark blue, light brown, dark brown, bronze (prosecco), dark green, red, and purple.

I know I have 9 different colors (LH: black, light brown, dark brown, crème)(TG: red, grey, white)(NH: light blue)(BR: dark green), but missing the purple, dark blue, and bronze.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There are also classical Grey and Prosecco which have not been mentioned.
Prosecco maybe the bronze color I am talking about

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 14, 2014 at 8:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.