Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by autobahnal
Today I was offered (and gladly accepted) the same brown-ish/siena (?) Rimowa as @theKrafty1tar above.

Echoing @chris63 I was curious about expiration dates. Toothpaste expired in 2020. Didn't see an expiration on the La Prairie cremes, but the little info packet on them had a copyright of 2018.

I like the Rimowa kits and all, but it kinda felt like a letdown after the Porsche kits that were more substantial with the cologne sample, nicer toothbrush, and mints. (OK, yes, I spend way too much time evaluating amenity kits!)
Yes, they are nice kits but it’s seriously cheap of LH to be handing out expired products in F
autobahnal, DoctorORD and SxMan like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:40 am

No sleeping masks and ear plugs on recent TATL flights

The title says it all: The amenity business class kits on recent IAD-FRA-IAD flights no longer contained sleeping masks and ear plugs. I was given sleeping masks when I asked, but the kits don't have them by default. Why? To me, sleeping masks are among the essential items in the kits, together with socks and toothbrushes. Don't care about the rest.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by iadh
The title says it all: The amenity business class kits on recent IAD-FRA-IAD flights no longer contained sleeping masks and ear plugs. I was given sleeping masks when I asked, but the kits don't have them by default. Why? To me, sleeping masks are among the essential items in the kits, together with socks and toothbrushes. Don't care about the rest.
Same here on a recent MUC-CLT flight. Very disappointed I didn't receive the sleeping mask. Seems like an odd way to cut corners if you ask me.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iadh
Ridiculous, not much left in those kits then
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA
The porsche ones were really practical, loved all the straps/hooks/etc. The new kits feel more substantial and have more structure, but honestly I don't think they'll hold up over time like prior LH F kits:

Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:27 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a Rimowa in green with the tan zipper on LH431 ORD-FRA on 14 March. Ladies got the burgundy.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BCN797
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a Rimowa in green with the tan zipper on LH431 ORD-FRA on 14 March. Ladies got the burgundy.
Good 👍

Do tell us the expire by dates on the products inside the kits ?
MichielR likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Good 👍

Do tell us the expire by dates on the products inside the kits ?
Toothpaste expired July of 2020! Can’t tell the dates on the La Prairie. The tin of mints expires April 2022 - they had mountains of them in the lounge and FCT for the taking, so I’m guessing they’re trying to burn through that stock as well. Nonetheless I was very happy to finally get a Rimowa after 5 years of trying to score one. The Holy Grail of AvGeek swag for me.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:33 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Congratulations! I'm hoping I'll score one of the Rimowa ones on LH400 in June :P I'll gladly take the Burgundy one
BCN797 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Congratulations! I'm hoping I'll score one of the Rimowa ones on LH400 in June :P I'll gladly take the Burgundy one
Good luck & old toothpaste is quite good at cleaning other things, you just might not want to use it for your teeth
BCN797 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
The porsche ones were really practical, loved all the straps/hooks/etc. The new kits feel more substantial and have more structure, but honestly I don't think they'll hold up over time like prior LH F kits:

These are also old stock kits, I collected 3 about 3-4 years ago and another one last year. They last really well, I use them all the time for electronics/cables/flipchart pens ect. and they all still look great!
DoctorORD likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Flying on LH477 YVR-MUC on Saturday. Crossing my fingers I get one of the Rimowa amenity kits!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I was told recently by a flight attendant that they use Rimowa ones on the return flights, not the outbound ones (for US flights, from what I understood). Of course that might change by June.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Originally Posted by jer3
Flying on LH477 YVR-MUC on Saturday. Crossing my fingers I get one of the Rimowa amenity kits!
The Rimowa amenity kits are First Class only. Unfortunately no F on LH477, so I wouldn't get my hopes up
Old Apr 2, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
Originally Posted by mb752
I was told recently by a flight attendant that they use Rimowa ones on the return flights, not the outbound ones (for US flights, from what I understood). Of course that might change by June.
IAD-FRA F tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!! And with time to get to FFY, hope to snag a special edition ducky!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.