Wiki Posts
Search

FRA FCL wifi trouble and cure

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:52 am
hch
Original Poster

FRA FCL wifi trouble and cure

Today the wifi at the FRA FCL had been rather flakey and slow again. But the staff actually hands out ethernet cables that can be used in the office cubicles against a BP deposit, with which the internet access works much faster and flawless. Oddly enough you still have to log into the t-mobile wifi system with the provided vouchers to use it.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:53 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by hch
Today the wifi at the FRA FCL had been rather flakey and slow again. But the staff actually hands out ethernet cables that can be used in the office cubicles against a BP deposit, with which the internet access works much faster and flawless. Oddly enough you still have to log into the t-mobile wifi system with the provided vouchers to use it.
On July 13 at the FCL, it was not working at all. I was told T-Mobile wifi was not working anywhere at FRA. They called some technicians in and had it working by about 9 am though.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The WiFi (working or not) is a general issue in the FCL/FCT !

Even with the 1h vouchers the PA gives out I find it a bit odd that people have to pay for wireless service in a premium terminal.

I can surf for free on 3rd Street and that's by far not premium
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:33 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The WiFi (working or not) is a general issue in the FCL/FCT !

Even with the 1h vouchers the PA gives out I find it a bit odd that people have to pay for wireless service in a premium terminal.

I can surf for free on 3rd Street and that's by far not premium
And I find it odd, that people, who complain about a little fee for a hotspot service still have access to a terminal for FIRST class travelers.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:41 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
A national disgrace.

In all seriousness, LH must be one of the last carriers on the planet still charging for WiFi. Luckily AA gives me enough 24h T-Mobile vouchers to use in LH lounges.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
And I find it odd, that people, who complain about a little fee for a hotspot service still have access to a terminal for FIRST class travelers.
I have a T-Mobile monthly plan since I'm around german hotspots often, but it's an airport where people stop over that dont necessarily live in germany so they have not much use of a 30 EUR monthly membership.

Even if it doesnt effect me in the first place I would feel ripped off if I had to pay as an international guest in LH F. If you pay by hour it's 8 EUR IIRC

I also dont want to know how many people (HON's) with el cheapo "E" tickets hang out in the terminal for "FIRST" class travellers.

No offense, if someone pays his own premium tickets often enough to enjoy this perk from time to time there's nothing wrong with that.

I just wonder why LH let's small things like this leave a bitter taste for it's passengers !?

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jul 22, 2008 at 5:48 am
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:43 am
hch
Original Poster

I think the real problem is the hazle of entering the password all the time. And of course not all residents of the FCLs/FCT travel in F, there are some poor little HONs stuck in C and Y, too
Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
A national disgrace.

In all seriousness, LH must be one of the last carriers on the planet still charging for WiFi. Luckily AA gives me enough 24h T-Mobile vouchers to use in LH lounges.
Do you get these in the FL's ?

I will have to remember that and collect some. In the AA lounges I get it for free as AC member so I can save the activation of the card until someone needs them. Or I just reconsider my monthly payment to T-Com
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Do you get these in the FL's ?

I will have to remember that and collect some. In the AA lounges I get it for free as AC member so I can save the activation of the card until someone needs them. Or I just reconsider my monthly payment to T-Com
Yes, free in the FLs. AC only has free WiFi for AC members which is a shame for us QPs and OWEs. But I guess this will change soon.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by hch
I think the real problem is the hazle of entering the password all the time. And of course not all residents of the FCLs/FCT travel in F, there are some poor little HONs stuck in C and Y, too
Bookmark this to login automatically if you already have an account:

h t t p s://hotspot.t-mobile.net/wlan/[email protected]&password=PASSWORD&strHinweis=Zahlungsbe dingungen&strAGB=AGB

USERNAME: insert your own USername
XXXXXXX: either "mobile" or "online", depending on what type of account you have
PASSWORD: well, your password ...

Last edited by Rambuster; Jul 22, 2008 at 6:57 am
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Yes, free in the FLs. AC only has free WiFi for AC members which is a shame for us QPs and OWEs. But I guess this will change soon.
If you use the AC often I will gladly PM you my AA # !

You would be just the 5th or 6th person using it

Regarding it will change soon, dont hold your breath ! The first change I would like to see is a small snack offering in the domestic AC's
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:05 am

I also dont want to know how many people (HON's) with el cheapo "E" tickets hang out in the terminal for "FIRST" class travellers.
LOL.

Usually it is vice versa and so called first class pax on an award ticket catched from promotions hang out in the HON terminal optimizing their first class experience.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOL.

Usually it is vice versa and so called first class pax on an award ticket catched from promotions hang out in the HON terminal optimizing their first class experience.
I never heard that one ^

Justified though, no doubt... except the terminal purpose doesnt really fit into the description HON Terminal, even though LH is generous and gives them access
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:51 am

I never heard that one ^

Justified though, no doubt... except the terminal purpose doesnt really fit into the description HON Terminal, even though LH is generous and gives them access
You can trust me, that LH advertisements and marketing material sounds like it's the terminal (and the lounges) for us HONs, but hey they are generous and give access to their first class pax as well.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:02 am

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum

No offense, if someone pays his own premium tickets often enough to enjoy this perk from time to time there's nothing wrong with that.

I just wonder why LH let's small things like this leave a bitter taste for it's passengers !?
Only with "el cheapos" you'll never get the HON status. I think we HONs are delivering a lot of LH-revenue every two years. So I feel free to buy cheap E or T-tix for my weekend-trips when ever I want. And I also feel free to use the LH F-Lounge. If a F-pax feels bothered, he might tell. A lot of them are are flying with award-tix. So what?

I also have my mothly plan with t-mobile. But it really is a pity with the t-mobile wifi. In MUC it used to fail a lot of times during the last weeks.

Salve Luigi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.