FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   mobile phone charge station FRA SEN lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/845166-mobile-phone-charge-station-fra-sen-lounge.html)

szg Jul 15, 2008 8:33 am

mobile phone charge station FRA SEN lounge

Last time on my visit the LH SEN non schengen lounge at Terminal B, I have noticed right after the entrance, that there is a mobile phone charger. Itīs now easier to charge your mobile phone, because at this station there can be 4 mobile phones charged at the same time.

You donīt have longer to ask the lounge staff.

Hippo72 Jul 15, 2008 8:41 am

There's also such a charging station in LHR next to the statement printer in front of the reception.

TRAVELSIG Jul 15, 2008 10:48 am

Also at MUC... but has anyone actually used it? I have tested it a couple of times, but it replies it is "temporarily out of service"

bau31888 Jul 15, 2008 10:51 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 10037460)
Also at MUC... but has anyone actually used it? I have tested it a couple of times, but it replies it is "temporarily out of service"

At least opening and closing of the boxes works in STR.

weero Jul 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Does the charger charge free of charge?

You'd assume that they'd follow their tradition of rip offs for wireless services in those lounges ... but I reckon that a charger doesn't qualify as 'wireless' :rolleyes:.

szg Jul 16, 2008 12:08 am

Originally Posted by weero (Post 10041136)
Does the charger charge free of charge?

Unbelievable, but yes, they do.

supermasterphil Jul 16, 2008 9:37 am

All my recent phones got always charged by the way of a USB cable connected to my laptop. So as long as I have power for my laptop, I am good!

Also, I would be too scared to forget it there if I have to rush to get my flight!

ACfly Jul 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 10043327)
All my recent phones got always charged by the way of a USB cable connected to my laptop. So as long as I have power for my laptop, I am good!

Also, I would be too scared to forget it there if I have to rush to get my flight!

Only problem with charging by USB is that you quickly shorten the life of the battery.

Rambuster Jul 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Charging by USB also takes much longer too.

DownUnderFlyer Jul 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by szg (Post 10041698)
Unbelievable, but yes, they do.

And think how generous this offer is considering what happens to other people. And this in times of soaring energy prices!

bau31888 Jul 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Battery Recharger in STR

Rambuster Jul 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by bau31888 (Post 10045381)

How do the phones actually get protected from being stolen ?
The STR charger is outside the lounge, so anyone passing can take your phone ?? (I have not taken a closer look at the machine - perhaps there is a lock or something ?)

bau31888 Jul 16, 2008 3:27 pm

There is a lock by a PIN-code. So it is more or less secure...

Rambuster Jul 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by bau31888 (Post 10045480)
There is a lock by a PIN-code. So it is more or less secure...

Ah, ok.
I never took a close look as I always have a charger with me.

andre1970 Jul 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 10045539)
Ah, ok.
I never took a close look as I always have a charger with me.

Thought everyone had their own phone charger. Seems not to be the case.

Those machines are the most ridiculous way to waste a square foot@:-)^. As immensely useful as a lawn mower. :rolleyes: