Search

Miles deducted for Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SENdling
Question Miles deducted for Award Booking

Dear FTs,
what is your experience for the deduction of miles for an award booking?
I did my booking in Dec 07 - Travel is in Aug 08 - but the miles are still on my account.
Thanks for any of your experiences,
August
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by August 1328
Dear FTs,
I did my booking in Dec 07 - Travel is in Aug 08 - but the miles are still on my account.
August
With all my award bookings miles normally got deducted within 3 days of ticketing.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:51 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Dear FTs,
August
When they issue a ticket, the deduction of miles will be also done at this time. Do you have a ticket number in the reservation already ?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Dear FTs,
August
Normally on the day the award booking is ticketed. So either you are unbelievably lucky (for now - until LH figures it out 3 years down the road and just takes the miles out of your account without notice ) or I would get worried that my booking isn't ticketed properly. So maybe go to checkmytrip and see if you actually have a ticket number in your booking.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: SENdling
Just checked checkmytrip, but couldnīt find a ticketnumber.
Only "confirmed"...
Will wait and see.
Thanks for your comments
August
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
You will be fine since you have a reservation, but you will only fly if you sort this out before departure. They probably also haven't charged you for taxes and charges?

I suggest you call now to get the ticket issued since the fuel surcharge will go up on Thursday.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Only "confirmed"...
Will wait and see.
Thanks for your comments
August
"wait and see" is only the right approach if you want to stay home. If you actually want to go anywhere a call to LH is in order now !
Some airlines even auto-cancel unticketed reservations at a certain point in time - SQ is famous for this ...
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:08 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Rambuster
"wait and see" is only the right approach if you want to stay home. If you actually want to go anywhere a call to LH is in order now !
Some airlines even auto-cancel unticketed reservations at a certain point in time - SQ is famous for this ...
Oh so true. SQ would have killed that confirmed booking a long time ago. Amazed LH let it sit that long. anyway, the comment with the increasing costs is all to true.

Ticket now or pay more. Hmm ... now LH's delay in ticketing does make sense ehh
Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:13 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Rambuster
..Some airlines even auto-cancel unticketed reservations at a certain point in time - SQ is famous for this ...
Even if the OP has paid the taxes, bribes, and the indulcencies - without ticket numbers they will be pretty SOL.

At least calling and getting the numbers is the absolute minimum the OP can do as without them, the airline will show no intent to carry them anywhere.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:09 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Only "confirmed"...
Will wait and see.
Thanks for your comments
August
I wouldn't wait. You will already face higher taxes since fuel surcharged have been increased since you made your reservation. Another increase in fuel surcharges is scheduled for Thursday, which you will have to pay if your award is not ticketed by that day.
Cheers, S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.