Service with efficiency and a smile at LHR

Old Jul 6, 08, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Thumbs up Service with efficiency and a smile at LHR

I was flying LHR-FRA-xxx with a scheduled overnight in FRA. Check in accidentally sent my bag all the way through to xxx even though I'd asked for it not to be. I realised this too late, and went back to check-in where the supervisor made a note on my BP asking the gate to re-tag my bag. She said not to worry about this and sent me on my way.

At the lounge entrance, the lady checking my boarding pass, saw the note, said that was no way to rescue a bag and immediately sprang to action: She made a few calls, found out that the bag had left the building and was on its way to the plane. Called the dispatcher, explained the situation and asked for my bag to be re-tagged. She also "deleted" my baggage tag from the system so it would beep an alert when getting loaded on the plane thus making it easier to find.

And sure enough, by the time I got to the gate they had the new tag ready for me - i didn't even have to ask.

Normally, this wouldn't merit writing. But I was impressed on so many levels.
1.All staff I spoke to treated this with a smile. Although this was the end of the day for them and this was extra work, I didn't detect a single frown from any of them
2. The lounge lady was the epitome of efficiency and her obvious years of experience were clear in the way she understood the potential issues and complications and proactively solved them all
3. This is Heathrow we're talking about. The place where lost luggage goes to die! And yet, all of the LH staff seemed to treat a bag trace as the easiest thing to ask. Which speaks volumes for LH's organisation there.

I'll always criticise when I feel I have to, but I also like to give credit where it's due. Way to go LH.
Old Jul 6, 08, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by Cyba View Post
She also "deleted" my baggage tag from the system so it would beep an alert when getting loaded on the plane thus making it easier to find.
Nice trick I have to say!

I also had some very good experiences at Heathrow lately (not LH, but BD and QF/BA/RJ). Less than 5 Minutes from check-in to lounge at T1 and T4.
Old Jul 7, 08, 9:29 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Great experience

If you donīt mind, take some time and write a nice letter to LH and mention the times you were there - LH actually takes note of those compliments and while it is to be posted here, you should make LH aware of this (Michelle has only two hands...)
Old Jul 7, 08, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
Great experience

If you donīt mind, take some time and write a nice letter to LH and mention the times you were there - LH actually takes note of those compliments and while it is to be posted here, you should make LH aware of this (Michelle has only two hands...)
Good idea. I think I will.

Do you have the address where I'd have to send the letter to handy? Shoudl I just post it to Verl?
Old Jul 7, 08, 10:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cyba View Post
Do you have the address where I'd have to send the letter to handy? Shoudl I just post it to Verl?
From LH.com -> Help and Contact -> Compliments & Complaints will give you the customer feedback address and fax number for the country of your choice.

Search this Thread