Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Standby for earlier departure - LH Group [merged sameday standby Q&A thread]

Standby for earlier departure - LH Group [merged sameday standby Q&A thread]

Old Nov 13, 17, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH HON
Why did you book the wrong flight to start with?

anyways, as long as there are no irrops involved, if you can change it now for 450, thatís probably the cheapest way. If thatís worth it to you is you call obviously
Old Nov 14, 17, 12:25 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Save for IRROPS there is no way LH will let you standby for MUC-FRA-JFK when you are booked MUC-JFK. The ticket needs to be reissued, i.e. you need to rebook.
Old Nov 14, 17, 12:27 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
Why did you book the wrong flight to start with?

anyways, as long as there are no irrops involved, if you can change it now for 450, thatís probably the cheapest way. If thatís worth it to you is you call obviously
+1

EUR 450 plus adding a FRA transfer is probably a bit too much to get back to NYC 2 hours earlier.
Old Oct 30, 18, 8:05 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Can they move me to an earlier flight?

Hi there,

I'm A3*G and I have a flight booking with LH LHR-FRA-ATH (Discounted J, LH booking, A3 metal on the FRA-ATH leg) with a long layover. Will they will be willing to move me to an earlier flight if there is availability?

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 18, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by DrHalxx View Post
Will they will be willing to move me to an earlier flight if there is availability?
Never hurts to ask but close to 0% chance.
Old Oct 31, 18, 2:06 pm

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
Never hurts to ask but close to 0% chance.
Essentially the only chance is if the originally booked flight is overbooked.
Old Mar 17, 19, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA LT PLT
Looking at CDG-ZRH-GRU in Swiss First, discounted A fare. Refundable and changeable but with a 410 euro change fee.
If I get to CDG in time for an earlier CDG-ZRH flight, any hope that I can standby and be confirmed on an earlier flight (at no fee) if space is available?
Old Mar 17, 19, 9:21 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Looking at CDG-ZRH-GRU in Swiss First, discounted A fare. Refundable and changeable but with a 410 euro change fee.
If I get to CDG in time for an earlier CDG-ZRH flight, any hope that I can standby and be confirmed on an earlier flight (at no fee) if space is available?
No harm in asking, the station Manager was very helpful last time I did that at CDG but it took him to decide.

Usually IME the first leg has to be flown before they will make changes to those A restricted fares.
Old Mar 17, 19, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA LT PLT
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
No harm in asking, the station Manager was very helpful last time I did that at CDG but it took him to decide.
Usually IME the first leg has to be flown before they will make changes to those A restricted fares.
Thank you chris63. It would be the first segment of a six segment CDG-BOG roundtrip. I will assume no and be pleasantly surprised if the answer is yes.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 19, 1:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
I wouldn't mess with that BOG ticket. Just fly how it is booked...
mmff and chris63 like this.
Old Mar 20, 19, 2:09 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by DrHalxx View Post
Hi there,

I'm A3*G and I have a flight booking with LH LHR-FRA-ATH (Discounted J, LH booking, A3 metal on the FRA-ATH leg) with a long layover. Will they will be willing to move me to an earlier flight if there is availability?

Thanks
Just a data point from a fellow *G: Got consistent "no"s when asking about jumping on an earlier (same day) flight to BRU on SN. So I ate plenty at the LH lounge.
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:57 am

Does LH allow changing to a later flight, or just an earlier flight? I'm booked on [USA]-MUC-VIE where [USA]-MUC is in F (A fare) and MUC-VIE is in J. Is there any chance I can change the MUC-VIE flight to a later one? And if so, am I better off trying to do that now, or when I check in for [USA]-MUC, or at the F lounge in MUC when I get there?
Old Apr 11, 19, 1:33 pm

No. You canít. Unless you pay the change fee. if applicable.
Old Apr 11, 19, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ View Post
Does LH allow changing to a later flight, or just an earlier flight? I'm booked on [USA]-MUC-VIE where [USA]-MUC is in F (A fare) and MUC-VIE is in J. Is there any chance I can change the MUC-VIE flight to a later one? And if so, am I better off trying to do that now, or when I check in for [USA]-MUC, or at the F lounge in MUC when I get there?
A fares are rather restrictive, check your fare rules but almost certainly it would be expensive to change before the first segment is flown, once you have flown the first segment it gets easier IME, in MUC at FCLís they are usually very helpful in changing the J segments of an A fare but recommend you come up with a reason for requesting the change
Old Apr 11, 19, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

A fares are rather restrictive, check your fare rules but almost certainly it would be expensive to change before the first segment is flown, once you have flown the first segment it gets easier IME, in MUC at FCLís they are usually very helpful in changing the J segments of an A fare but recommend you come up with a reason for requesting the change
Thanks, good to know! I'll ask at the FCL. Doesn't hurt to ask.
chris63 likes this.

Search this Thread