FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Wrong mileage account (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/834999-wrong-mileage-account.html)

UA 100K Jun 16, 2008 8:37 am

Wrong mileage account

What should I do? I flow a few weeks ago on UA in C. At the time of booking I had my UA # bc I wanted to upgrade to F using my SWU. At the airport I handed them my Miles & More Card. On all my boarding cards my Miles & More is on it. After the flights I checked my accounts and of course it showed up on my UA account and not on M&M. I sent in my boarding cards to LH to request the miles. It is now 2 weeks. Is there a chance that they credit my miles to my M&M account?

Thx in advance

Rambuster Jun 16, 2008 8:50 am

oh dear. If you actually manage to get the miles taken off your UA account and redeposited to LH, then you should be the new peace envoy for the Middle East ! ;)

Dennis Jun 16, 2008 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 9887062)
oh dear. If you actually manage to get the miles taken off your UA account and redeposited to LH, then you should be the new peace envoy for the Middle East ! ;)

ehmm; how much do I get paid for this job? :D

E3A-Sentry Jun 16, 2008 3:25 pm

I did exactly this last year.
I had my United FF# for keeping E+.
Once I had checked in in DUS with all my requested seats, I changed to MM(with MM#on BP).
My DUS-LHR showed up on my MM account, and of course LHR-SFO came up on United.
I just gave them a call, and after a few harsh words and a talk with a supervisor
the miles got removed.
Of course it took then 3 months and several calls and letters to MM to get my miles credited after i had send in my BP.

Unfortunately I have the feeling MM will tell you that they are sorry, but the miles have already posted to a different FF account,bla.bla.bla

Recommend you ask next time here before sending in anything.

cheers

Rambuster Jun 16, 2008 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dennis (Post 9888239)
ehmm; how much do I get paid for this job? :D

Bringing peace to the Middle East would probably get you lots of honour but little money. Plenty of miles though if you apply "shuttle diplomacy" ! :D

DownUnderFlyer Jun 16, 2008 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 9889509)
Bringing peace to the Middle East would probably get you lots of honour but little money. Plenty of miles though if you apply "shuttle diplomacy" ! :D

Money will flow with speaking engagements and consulting contracts! ^

IsleSeat Jun 16, 2008 7:45 pm

First question: was did your BP say? M+M or UAP?

Happened to me on a trip IAD-GRU a while back and was able to correct it in the following manner:

1. called UAL to have the mileage removed
2. sent a retro-mileage form to LH, with a kind cover letter about the erroneous mileage credit to UA and the removal, consequently, you wish to have the miles credited to M+L.

Follow up watching your statement online and with a little luck, 3 weeks or less and your miles are where you wanted them.

SOMA1K Jul 26, 2008 11:11 am

I have the opposite problem. Booked a ticket from LHR to JNB and back on LH, but entered my UA number in the request. Called ahead to LH to confirm seating and asked if my UA number was in record, which was confirmed. At the LH Lounge in LHR I noticed my boarding pass did not have UA number (it had M&M and no number). Asked the agent to enter UA number for the entire record, and then forgot about it.

Now the only posting for UA is LHR to FRA segment. The rest have the same M&M entry (fortunately I do keep BPs) and only the LHR/FRA segment has posted to UA.

Can anyone recommend the best way to proceed? I really want the status miles on UA.

Thanks very much!

Flying Lawyer Jul 26, 2008 12:53 pm

As soon as M&M is printed on the boarding pass I would be harsh and clear. It is their problem if they "pay" the miles to a wrong account. You were clear and the BP is clear. It happened to me once, at the end of the day I ended up with miles in two accounts: One account credited in error and the second account credited as goodwill be LH - obviously they could not "get back" the miles from the other carrier.

Axelerator Oct 16, 2009 1:13 pm

it happend to me as well....

I was flying TXL-FRA-SFO the latter leg on UA metal. My travel agent put my ua mp# in the booking as I was planing to take advantage of the double ua miles promotion. Then I found out that due to the fact that the first leg was on LH metal it would be considered a *A flight = no double miles! :(

At check-in in TXL I asked to have my ua mp# removed and my mm# added. The gate agent entered my mm# and confirmed that the entire flight would be credited to my mm account.

During the FRA-SFO flight I looked at my boarding pass and realized that it stated ua mp AND mm.
Today I noticed that the miles were credited to my UA account. Bummer!

I will contact UA and LH and ask them to work this out.
Will report back - hopefully with a positive experience! :)