Duplicate tickets issued by mistake

Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Duplicate tickets issued by mistake

I decided to book a ticket to FRA earlier this month, but since I wanted to book in V class (am in the partnerplus program) I had to call up LH reservations in the US.
When I first called it seemed to be OK until I got the email through with itinerary receipt which had me booked in Q class for one of the segments. I called up the next day to fix this, after which I got a new reservation which after a couple of days of calling was finally ticketed. (I'm guessing the problem here was they created a new PNR instead of changing the old one).
Looking at my balance online and it seems tickets were issued for the original PNR and the new one. I tried calling LH but had no luck, no record of me calling about fixing the reservation and so as far as they're concerned I made a mistake with a non-refundable fare.

While kind of disappointing to pay twice as much, I realise my options are probably limited. I'm not sure whether it would be worthwhile speaking to LH ticketing since I'm flying out tomorrow, but if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SQ Gold
SO you have two tickets for yourself on one flight? That should not even be possible at all.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 4:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Normally the LH system would catch dupes and you would get a call from LH. I would suggest sending a PM to LHrelate immediately.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by TT-Jones
SO you have two tickets for yourself on one flight? That should not even be possible at all.
Thats right, although there's nothing stopping one from normally booking two separate tickets on the same flight for whatever reason.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.