possible new HON service in MUC

Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up possible new HON service in MUC

upon arrival in MUC earlier today, the limo driver asked me if i want to go straight to the exit or to the lounge instead. after replying jokingly "it would be most convenient if you could drive me home" he told me that LH is in fact working on such a service for quiet some time now. according to him it was announced internally a few times already but the problem seems to be checked luggage/customs issues. the service would obviously be restricted to a certain radius around MUC (he mentioned something like 100km) but it would certainly be great to just get into the car and drive straight to the city center or trainstation right from the plane...

lets hope they figure this out soon!
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:27 am

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Something what OS does offer their HONs already (limited times per year, but anyway). I would love to enjoy that service in MUC...^
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by muc_flyer
Something what OS does offer their HONs already (limited times per year, but anyway). I would love to enjoy that service in MUC...^
similar but not the same. its 10 limo vouchers / year, but you still have to get thru the airport, out the "normal" exit where a driver will wait for you. nice, but not as nice as the MUC idea...
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by sentom
nice, but not as nice as the MUC idea...
Sounds great. Expect that there will be an extra charge - looking forward to the service very much
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
That would be similar to what VS and EK are doing for most business class passengers already or what you get when booking through Amex Centurion here in Australia.
This would certainly be a great HON benefit.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I would see this reasonable for premium tickets but not for any sort of status, doesnt matter what airline.

Like 100KM transfer radius for a F ticket.

EK might offer it, VS as well but consider the fleet that they have !

Imagine LH would make it a habit driving HONS and C pax through germany with the volume they have.

From the customer viewpoint great, I would take it right away. But it doesnt make much economical sense. Reminds me on the US Helicopter/Limo service in New York !
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Imagine LH would make it a habit driving HONS and C pax through germany with the volume they have.
Seems they think about offering this to HONs and for a limited distance (like MUC City or whatever). How many HON rides would this mean approx? 100 a week?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

most of you also seem to forget that NO other airline offers this, limo to/from the airport but not directly from the plane! and that also mean only arriving HONs would be able to use this service. certainly manageable capacity wise...
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by sentom
...but not directly from the plane! .
Good point, that would be a LH only feature and clearly differentiate LH from the rest.
They would need to set up a "drive in" immigration line however and have a different scenario for checked luggage.

SkywalkerLAX, EK will report roughly a bit less than half of LHs passenger numbers when their financial year ends. So their volume is certainly comparable.
I know here in Sydney alone the two airlines will organize about 100 transfers a day. And we are only a small outstation.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
LH can limit the "free" service to pax ticketed in F, but could also give their HONchos some vouchers...

Not sure why they haven´t come up with a deal with the Sixt Chauffeur Service yet. I am sure people wouldn´t mind paying some premium over a taxi to have a decent S-class shuttle...
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
Not sure why they haven´t come up with a deal with the Sixt Chauffeur Service yet. I am sure people wouldn´t mind paying some premium over a taxi to have a decent S-class shuttle...
Because they are afraid that some pax might be upset (and post endlessly on FT about it) if they would receive transport in something else than a S-class.... if the need might arise for a change of vehicle....

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 30, 2008, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I remember being HON and I remember flying all this more or less daily short distance hops in Germany. I would have been perfect being picked up at the office/home and driven to the airport every day. In particular on 99 Euro Eco-Tickets. I do not believe this coming true.

There is a big difference between EK and LH. EK has only a relatively small number of people actually flying into or departing from their hub but a huge number of transfers. Their "limo pax" do not concentrate in a single point but more in the outstations. And there are plenty of outstations. LH has an enormous number of pax departing from and flying into their big (and smaller) Hubs FRA, MUC and DUS. Just imagine the fleet of S-Class Mercerdes' required to collect all the people departing in First from FRA on a normal day plus all these HONs traveling domestically.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 3:13 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
So far the OP was just talking about this possible HON service in MUC... MUC doesn't have that many intercontinental flights, so I assume it would be doable.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 4:51 am

Programs: LH HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
So far the OP was just talking about this possible HON service in MUC... MUC doesn't have that many intercontinental flights, so I assume it would be doable.
Even 21 intercontinental flights out of MUC (summer schedule) are a lot of fligths!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 5:01 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by Bruchpilot
Even 21 intercontinental flights out of MUC (summer schedule) are a lot of fligths!
True. Does anybody have a percentage of connecting F passengers? All those do not apply for the limo service...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.