24h free cancellation policy on LH.com

Old Mar 28, 08, 11:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
24h free cancellation policy on LH.com

Came across this which confirms the free cancellation poilcy for all online bookings within 24h or the monday after the weekend:

3/222: 25.03.08 Lufthansa Sonder-24-Stunden-Regel für Erstattungen

Im Zuge der Einführung der 100% Etix Regelung zum 01. Juni 2008 und die dadurch bedingten technischen Änderungen bitten wir Sie, nachstehenden Sachverhalt nochmals zu vergegenwärtigen:

Grundsätzlich möchten wir diese Sonderregelung für Sie beibehalten - sprich: "Die Rücknahme eines zu einem Sondertarif ausgestellten Flugscheins ist innerhalb von 24 Stunden nach Ausstellung ohne Nachweis eines Neuverkaufs ohne Gebühr möglich" gilt weiterhin für alle Lufthansa Tarife. Diese Ausnahmegenehmigung gilt auch über das Wochenende, d.h. Ausstellung am Freitag und nachfolgend die Erstattung am nächsten Montag ist möglich.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass aufgrund der täglichen Abrechnungsperiode die Möglichkeit, ein Dokument von 00.00 bis 00.00 zu "canceln" bzw. einen "Storno" durchzuführen weiterhin besteht. Darüber hinaus muss das Dokument dann entsprechend über einen Refund zurückgenommen werden. Solange dies innerhalb der o.g. 24 Stunden erfolgt, ist keine zusätzliche Genehmigung durch Ihr Serviceteam erforderlich.
Old Mar 28, 08, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
sounds to me that this only applies to agencies though... would be a nice feature for individual customers as well.
Old Mar 28, 08, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

I've cancelled bot flysmart awards as well as regular tickets booked on lh.com by calling the internet helpdesk. They always checked if it was within the 24h limit or if the ticket number had been issued. I thought this was a service which they did as an exception, but there seems to be a logic/rule behind it
Old Mar 28, 08, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
I tried to do this a couple of times with the SEN desk, didn't work. So the "trick" would be to call the internet helpdesk?
Old Mar 28, 08, 9:04 pm

Programs: LH
Talking Cancelation

I was not aware of this. Nice feature.
With SWISS, once, after printing out the reservation, I discovered that I was using the wrong month. Sent an E-Mail to the booking office 10 Minutes after clicking the confirmation button. Booking was "Anuliert" later.
Old Mar 28, 08, 10:30 pm

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by attorney28 View Post
I tried to do this a couple of times with the SEN desk, didn't work. So the "trick" would be to call the internet helpdesk?
With the Internet Helpdesk it works very well. I did that twice because of mistakes in my bookings. As long as it is less then 24 hours, they cancel your booking without further questions.
Old Mar 29, 08, 1:23 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I've cancelled bot flysmart awards as well as regular tickets booked on lh.com by calling the internet helpdesk..
That would indeed be a pleasant feature. I have only ever used a FlySmart award once in my life as one cannot hold them while making other reservations. That feature would add a whole new perspective to this .

Not bad a find there Oliver.
Old Mar 29, 08, 3:32 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I used this policy also once, when I had booked a flight at evening and on the next day there was a RTF available to my destination. This really works and you don´t have to wait 3 or more weeks to get the money back on your CC.
Old Mar 29, 08, 4:08 am

It also works with award bookings. They won't charge the 40 € if you cancel within 24 hours.
Old Mar 29, 08, 7:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Gold
Same to me - I've typed a wrong name during a booking last summer for a friend. After calling the online helpdesk the ticket was canceled and no fees applied.

This 24 hours cancellation policy for online tickets works also for LX, necessary to call the LX online support.

Best regards,

taigatrommel
Old Mar 30, 08, 4:02 am
K2N

24hrs cancellation policy for LH

Hi there.

LH will cancel your booking made online (paid ticket but also award) if you call the web support within 24 hours. You dont have to give any reason and no fee will be charged (unless the departure is really close and ticket is issued, they ll keep the ticket service charge only)

This is definately the rule for lh.com. The only person authorized to do that are the agents working for web support. So just call them within 24 hours.

K2N
Old Apr 21, 08, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Came across this which confirms the free cancellation poilcy for all online bookings within 24h or the monday after the weekend:
Does anyone has a link, where this is written on the LH Website?? Would help me sooo much...

Thanks & cheers,

Peter_D
Old Apr 23, 08, 2:29 am
TKG

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Star Alliance Gold
Hi,

Is this just an LH feature or more general? I was wanting to cancel an SQ booking I made online last night.
Old Apr 23, 08, 7:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
Hi,

Is this just an LH feature or more general? I was wanting to cancel an SQ booking I made online last night.
I think it is an LH only thing. At least it does not work for Air One which is said to be an completely integrated partner ("Vollintegrierte Airline-Partner").
Old May 6, 08, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
Originally Posted by taigatrommel View Post
Same to me - I've typed a wrong name during a booking last summer for a friend. After calling the online helpdesk the ticket was canceled and no fees applied.

This 24 hours cancellation policy for online tickets works also for LX, necessary to call the LX online support.

Best regards,

taigatrommel
I would need to do just that right now...and only have a couple of hours left to do so... I can only find "web check-in support" numbers on the swiss.com site, but no general LX online support...am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!!

Search this Thread