FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   24h free cancellation policy on Lufthansa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/806212-24h-free-cancellation-policy-lufthansa.html)

oliver2002 Mar 28, 2008 11:14 am

24h free cancellation policy on Lufthansa

Came across this which confirms the free cancellation poilcy for all online bookings within 24h or the monday after the weekend:

3/222: 25.03.08 Lufthansa Sonder-24-Stunden-Regel für Erstattungen

Im Zuge der Einführung der 100% Etix Regelung zum 01. Juni 2008 und die dadurch bedingten technischen Änderungen bitten wir Sie, nachstehenden Sachverhalt nochmals zu vergegenwärtigen:

Grundsätzlich möchten wir diese Sonderregelung für Sie beibehalten - sprich: "Die Rücknahme eines zu einem Sondertarif ausgestellten Flugscheins ist innerhalb von 24 Stunden nach Ausstellung ohne Nachweis eines Neuverkaufs ohne Gebühr möglich" gilt weiterhin für alle Lufthansa Tarife. Diese Ausnahmegenehmigung gilt auch über das Wochenende, d.h. Ausstellung am Freitag und nachfolgend die Erstattung am nächsten Montag ist möglich.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass aufgrund der täglichen Abrechnungsperiode die Möglichkeit, ein Dokument von 00.00 bis 00.00 zu "canceln" bzw. einen "Storno" durchzuführen weiterhin besteht. Darüber hinaus muss das Dokument dann entsprechend über einen Refund zurückgenommen werden. Solange dies innerhalb der o.g. 24 Stunden erfolgt, ist keine zusätzliche Genehmigung durch Ihr Serviceteam erforderlich.

johnmc Mar 28, 2008 1:53 pm

sounds to me that this only applies to agencies though... would be a nice feature for individual customers as well.

oliver2002 Mar 28, 2008 3:51 pm

I've cancelled bot flysmart awards as well as regular tickets booked on lh.com by calling the internet helpdesk. They always checked if it was within the 24h limit or if the ticket number had been issued. I thought this was a service which they did as an exception, but there seems to be a logic/rule behind it :)^

Football Fan Mar 28, 2008 5:59 pm

I tried to do this a couple of times with the SEN desk, didn't work. So the "trick" would be to call the internet helpdesk?

chumbawumba Mar 28, 2008 9:04 pm

Cancelation

I was not aware of this. Nice feature.
With SWISS, once, after printing out the reservation, I discovered that I was using the wrong month. Sent an E-Mail to the booking office 10 Minutes after clicking the confirmation button. Booking was "Anuliert" later.

LHWolf Mar 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by attorney28 (Post 9483068)
I tried to do this a couple of times with the SEN desk, didn't work. So the "trick" would be to call the internet helpdesk?

With the Internet Helpdesk it works very well. I did that twice because of mistakes in my bookings. As long as it is less then 24 hours, they cancel your booking without further questions.

weero Mar 29, 2008 1:23 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 9482543)
I've cancelled bot flysmart awards as well as regular tickets booked on lh.com by calling the internet helpdesk..

That would indeed be a pleasant feature. I have only ever used a FlySmart award once in my life as one cannot hold them while making other reservations. That feature would add a whole new perspective to this ^.

Not bad a find there Oliver.

szg Mar 29, 2008 3:32 am

I used this policy also once, when I had booked a flight at evening and on the next day there was a RTF available to my destination. This really works and you don´t have to wait 3 or more weeks to get the money back on your CC.

DaniD Mar 29, 2008 4:08 am

It also works with award bookings. They won't charge the 40 € if you cancel within 24 hours.

taigatrommel Mar 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Same to me - I've typed a wrong name during a booking last summer for a friend. After calling the online helpdesk the ticket was canceled and no fees applied.

This 24 hours cancellation policy for online tickets works also for LX, necessary to call the LX online support.

Best regards,

taigatrommel

K2N Mar 30, 2008 4:02 am

24hrs cancellation policy for LH

Hi there.

LH will cancel your booking made online (paid ticket but also award) if you call the web support within 24 hours. You dont have to give any reason and no fee will be charged (unless the departure is really close and ticket is issued, they ll keep the ticket service charge only)

This is definately the rule for lh.com. The only person authorized to do that are the agents working for web support. So just call them within 24 hours.

K2N

Peter_D Apr 21, 2008 3:54 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 9481101)
Came across this which confirms the free cancellation poilcy for all online bookings within 24h or the monday after the weekend:

Does anyone has a link, where this is written on the LH Website?? Would help me sooo much...

Thanks & cheers,

Peter_D

TKG Apr 23, 2008 2:29 am

Hi,

Is this just an LH feature or more general? I was wanting to cancel an SQ booking I made online last night.

agadasch Apr 23, 2008 7:05 am

Originally Posted by TKG (Post 9618545)
Hi,

Is this just an LH feature or more general? I was wanting to cancel an SQ booking I made online last night.

I think it is an LH only thing. At least it does not work for Air One which is said to be an completely integrated partner ("Vollintegrierte Airline-Partner").

Football Fan May 6, 2008 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by taigatrommel (Post 9487402)
Same to me - I've typed a wrong name during a booking last summer for a friend. After calling the online helpdesk the ticket was canceled and no fees applied.

This 24 hours cancellation policy for online tickets works also for LX, necessary to call the LX online support.

Best regards,

taigatrommel

I would need to do just that right now...and only have a couple of hours left to do so... I can only find "web check-in support" numbers on the swiss.com site, but no general LX online support...am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!!