Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24h free cancellation policy on Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by MnMar
*On a related note - I once heard that it is possible to have up to a certain number of characters wrong in one's name on the ticket and still be permitted to fly (no cancellation needed). If anyone knows of this rule or the number of those characters, I'd appreciate the exact information. Thanks!
I don't know the official rules, but had one letter missing in my GF's name on a award ticket and it was correct without any problems.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
IIRC it is 3 characters.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: Hildon Diamond, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller, BA Blue, Sixt Diamond
i booked some tickets on the UK LH website and cancelled them within 24hrs. No cancellation nor charge on credit card. Great and sensible feature!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
About to book something fairly speculative and I want to confirm I have a hour window. Is there an official policy anywhere?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by adambadam
About to book something fairly speculative and I want to confirm I have a hour window. Is there an official policy anywhere?
Except from the first post, don't know about anything more official, but I used it several times and never had problems. Last time this July.

And you have a 24 hour window to cancel the ticket :-)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The OPC (optional payment charge) is not refundable if you have paid any. Refund within days if you cancel online but could take weeks if you call to cancel!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:15 pm

With regards to Cancellation of Miles and More award, I am unable to find the "Cancel" button. All I see is a "Rebook" button. What am I missing? The award was booked less than 24 hours ago. Anywhere special one needs to go to to see the button?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
M&M awards can be cancelled over the phone, for free if done within 24h.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I would be very careful relying on that 24h free cancellation window.
If you book via a third party online travel agency, I would not count on it.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

A TA/OTA has even more flexibility, they can void etickets issued by mistake for upto 72h. But for that you should call the TA/OTA and not use LH.com!!!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
A TA/OTA has even more flexibility, they can void etickets issued by mistake for upto 72h. But for that you should call the TA/OTA and not use LH.com!!!
Try fluege.de or any other OTA, which belongs to the Unister group.
You will be quite "amazed" how they will deal with the 24-hour cancellation issue.
(1) Good luck in trying to call them and (2) getting someone who is competent and motivated to deal with that.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:40 am
Original Poster

I use fluege.de quite often since they have a great loophole via kayak and fluggesellschaft.de For 30-50eur savings I'm happy to deal with them if things go south
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sorry if this is not exactly the perfect place for my question, but close enough I hope. I'm planning to book a one-way Economy Flexible fare (within Germany) which is fully cancellable and refundable without charges according to the fare conditions. I also understand I can do the cancellation via the website.

What I want to check is if LH imposes some sort of processing fee for every refund? Sorry, a bit of a rookie question, but I can't find any reference in LH's T&CS and don't recall from the last time I cancelled a LH flight (years ago). Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by demue
Sorry if this is not exactly the perfect place for my question, but close enough I hope. I'm planning to book a one-way Economy Flexible fare (within Germany) which is fully cancellable and refundable without charges according to the fare conditions. I also understand I can do the cancellation via the website.

What I want to check is if LH imposes some sort of processing fee for every refund? Sorry, a bit of a rookie question, but I can't find any reference in LH's T&CS and don't recall from the last time I cancelled a LH flight (years ago). Thanks.
On a refundable fare you get back everything except the OPC (payment fee on lh.com) and TSC (sevice charge for offline bookings). So if you book online and chose a payment method that has no OPC then you are good. And online cancellation works only until the day before I think, on the day of the flight you have to call them.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Great thanks. If I cancel (quite likely hence the crazy Flex fare) it will be several days or even weeks in advance. Booking online and paying with CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.