Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to PNQ [Pune, India] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
The Times of India reports:

Lufthansa has decided to suspend its cooperation with one of its wet lease partners until the end of the summer schedule due to operational and commercial reasons. The last scheduled departure took place on June 29 in Pune, India. Lufthansa and the former wet lease partner are now examining various options to resume cooperation as soon as possible. Lufthansa regrets this decision and has rebooked the passengers that were already booked ... Since almost a month now, the flight has been facing very frequent cancellations thereby hassling many passengers
I am wondering if the cancellations are due to low booking numbers or if the suspension is due to the frequent cancellations and its resulting costs ...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope there is more to the story. LH knew that there was no other option into PNQ as there is no space for a widebody to land. None of PTI's fleet is flying right now.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nope there is more to the story. LH knew that there was no other option into PNQ as there is no space for a widebody to land. None of PTI's fleet is flying right now.
There is, the 737 used for flight to Pune is flying shorthaul for BA right now: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-awbb as per CH-Aviation since 10th of July.

EDIT: I updated the whole list I once did:

Originally Posted by Nick Art
  • HB-JJA B737-700BBJ (the SAS one) newly registered: D-AWBC and should have entered service with PrivatAir Germany... stored in Erfurt or Antalya. (for future LH flights to EWR ex DUS?)
  • HB-JJE B757-204 (ECAir) stored in Brussels
  • HB-JJF B767-316/ER (Eurowings) stored in Phoenix
  • HB-JJH B737-753 (ECAir) stored in Brussels
  • HB-JSB Falcon 2000 still operational? Flew to Egypt or somewhere else on 17th Jul. flies around Europe (Geneva&Paris)
  • D-APTA A319-112 (Saudi) Riyadh flying Riyadh - Jeddah for SVA
  • D-ASPA A319-112 (Saudi) stored in ?
  • D-ASPB A319-112 (Saudi) stored in Jeddah?
  • D-AWBB B737-7CNBBJ (Lufthansa) stored in Hahn (did some check flights around Berlin, Eindhoven and Hahn) now flying ex LGW for BA on shorthaul
  • CS-TFU A319-115/LR (White) stored in Paddeborn Lippstadt Dusseldorf (for future LH flights to EWR ex DUS?)

Last edited by Nick Art; Aug 1, 2018 at 6:13 am
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Some small update: Apparently it was LH who cancelled the cooporation as reported by CH-Aviation and not Privatair going bust as we thought before. (They fly short haul flights for BA ex LGW since July 10th)
Privatair was also sheduled tgo fly from DUS to EWR starting from August 2nd. (LH408, this route has now been cancelled)
Furthermore the route Frankfurt - Jeddah - Addis Abeba was also sheduled to be operated by Privatair. (LH flies this route themselves with A333/343 now)

But in the same report LH claims they want to continue the cooperation in the future and that this pause is only for the summer shedule. They claim this to be due to perational and commercial reasons.
Is it just me or does something not make sense here at all.

This does sound strange. I wonder if this ties in with the cancelations in June, the PNQ flight was cancelled for 2 weeks. Thankfully it restarted the day before I flew on June 15. The purser told me PrivatAir hadn’t turned in some of the paperwork to fly to India. Maybe LH got annoyed?

I’ll also note my flight was completely full in Y, but only a quarter full in J. I know J is what makes the route run.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: WN AL;
I don't why but the routing on ticket I got refunded, it is now showing as available. Does anyone know what has changed?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
LH seems to re-open the FRA-PNQ service as routes oneline reports:

Lufthansa in late-August 2018 re-opened reservation for Frankfurt – Pune service, as the Star Alliance member plans to resume this route from 28OCT18. For the moment, reservation is available until 30MAR19.

This route is operated by Privatair 737-700 aircraft, with technical stop in Bucharest on inbound flight.

LH768 FRA1150 – 0040+1PNQ 73W x2
LH769 PNQ0210 – 0635OTP0705 – 0845FRA 73W x3
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH 768/9 are going to be via GYD starting W18/19 operated by LH mainline on an A319. The bloggers have already been all over this...
The situation with Privatair must be pretty dire for LH to go this way.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
LH 768/9 are going to be via GYD starting W18/19 operated by LH mainline on an A319. The bloggers have already been all over this...
This is next level cruelty...
but it if ends on mileage bargains for 15k return I may think about it

Last edited by GBM.flights; Sep 22, 2018 at 5:01 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
This is next level cruelty...
but it if end on mileage bargains for 15k return I may think about it
Seriously. Euro J to PNQ? Or are they going to retrofit an A319?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If I booked that flight without knowing that it’s an Euro Business Class I would be really annoyed to find out at boarding. I mean it’s a nine hour flight! This is really cruel.

Last edited by Nick Art; Sep 24, 2018 at 12:53 am
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:30 am

If I booked that flight without knowing that it’s an Euro Business Class I would be really annoyed to find out at boarding. I mean it’s a nine hour flight! This is elreally cruel.
5 star airline.
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have found a new way to punish employees: Send them to Pune on this flight.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:39 am

The whole story sounds weird... instead of using Privatair, they could have asked Etihad to repaint one of their A320s and put it into wetlease service, maybe even via AUH. I think the India-Germany bilateral doesn't allow for that though. Privatair used a German registration for this service, as did OS/NG when they did MUC-DEL for LH using the 763 in *A colors back in 2004.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I have found a new way to punish employees: Send them to Pune on this flight.
Which reminds me, if any of my superiors suggests a trip to our Indian offices, give them a resolute no. At least unless Lufthansa does the decent thing and markets this as all-Y.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Which reminds me, if any of my superiors suggests a trip to our Indian offices, give them a resolute no. At least unless Lufthansa does the decent thing and markets this as all - Y-.
Corrected this for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.