Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to PNQ [Pune, India] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Its a small airport managed by the Indian airforce..( It also serves as an Indian Airforce base ).. You can see IAF fighter jets and helicopters on the opposite side of the runaway from the terminal..
IIRC, LH is the only international flight operating from there other than Air India Express.. and yes, its quite near the city center ( 10-30mins, depending on where to go in the city and time of day/night)..
Thank you abhilife2001!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
Have not flown this route, but I may. Ran into a stunning Flight Attendant that was on layover in Pune. flight crew stays at Westin Pune. I may have to start using this connection on by travels back and forth North America. much better than driving to BOM
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Wildfan88
Have not flown this route, but I may. Ran into a stunning Flight Attendant that was on layover in Pune. flight crew stays at Westin Pune. I may have to start using this connection on by travels back and forth North America. much better than driving to BOM
If you are anyways flying LH to BOM or ok with LH or * A carriers and need to be in PNQ/ surroundings, this is a very good option IMHO..
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:47 pm

If you are anyways flying LH to BOM or ok with LH or * A carriers and need to be in PNQ/ surroundings, this is a very good option IMHO..
Much easier to connect in PNQ too. Would much prefer it over BOM. Also awesome to get to the curb 15 minutes flat. ^
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by asdf1223
Much easier to connect in PNQ too. Would much prefer it over BOM. Also awesome to get to the curb 15 minutes flat. ^
though its much easier to connect in PNQ, the connectivity is much poorer ofcourse other than I believe some very short haul flights..
But for someone needing to go to PNQ surrounding areas ( for eg. Solapur, Kolhapur etc)..
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:50 pm

though its much easier to connect in PNQ, the connectivity is much poorer ofcourse other than I believe some very short haul flights..
But for someone needing to go to PNQ surrounding areas ( for eg. Solapur, Kolhapur etc)..
I flew 9W to MAA the next day in November and there were other LCC options too. I thought there would be 3-4 flights a day to the major cities atleast.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by asdf1223
I flew 9W to MAA the next day in November and there were other LCC options too. I thought there would be 3-4 flights a day to the major cities atleast.
hmm..not really IMHO ..
DEL is well connected .. MAA has few flights a day but like you said but IIRC no full service carrier has direct flts now.. Jet has it via Hyd etc.. very few direct flights to Eastern India ( CCU/ GAU etc)..and many a times the flight prices are relatively expensive ( as compared to BOM) just due to the fact that few flights operating on that particular sector..
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:51 pm

hmm..not really IMHO ..
DEL is well connected .. MAA has few flights a day but like you said but IIRC no full service carrier has direct flts now.. Jet has it via Hyd etc.. very few direct flights to Eastern India ( CCU/ GAU etc)..and many a times the flight prices are relatively expensive ( as compared to BOM) just due to the fact that few flights operating on that particular sector..
Haha, I guess i just got lucky. I had travel to only MAA and it looks its one of the better connected cities. Thanks again.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
to the rescheduling on this flight

768 now departs FRA at 1920h and arrives PNQ 0800 next day
769 departs PNQ at 0930 and arrives FRA 1555 which absolutely kills connection options to the US.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by amolkold

769 departs PNQ at 0930 and arrives FRA 1555 which absolutely kills connection options to the US.
this is surprising since LH usually has good timings for all Indian flights into FRA / MUC as these are good feeder's for their other global connections Westwards and within Europe..
Old Jan 5, 2014, 9:58 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!

this is surprising since LH usually has good timings for all Indian flights into FRA / MUC as these are good feeder's for their other global connections Westwards and within Europe..
Unlike all the other LH Indian flights, which are basically India-U.S. shuttles, the PNQ flight actually has a lot of premium Germany-India O&D traffic, with a couple of major corporate contracts (eg. a certain car manufacturer) for German firms opertaing in Pune.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
PNQ is a tricky airfield, since the place is owned/operated by the military. The new timings may not be voluntarily chosen... @:-)
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Unlike all the other LH Indian flights, which are basically India-U.S. shuttles, the PNQ flight actually has a lot of premium Germany-India O&D traffic, with a couple of major corporate contracts (eg. a certain car manufacturer) for German firms opertaing in Pune.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
PNQ is a tricky airfield, since the place is owned/operated by the military. The new timings may not be voluntarily chosen... @:-)
Both are likely correct, though the "" is just my personal preference. The schedule change now means that there is only 1 United flight out of FRA that allows us to connect to LA the same day (and even that is a stretch since IAD-LAX arrives at 1am).
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles

This may have to do with the PNQ airport work that is being planned. However, recently I read that LH flight has been given exception to operate usual timings. All other ops will however be halted between 10 pm and 10 am for few weeks.

I booked the flight for May and is scheduled for normal times...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
There was a "cryptic" piece of news on ch-aviation which could be related to the schedule change.

Air India (AI, Mumbai Int'l) has asked the Indian Air Force (Delhi Int'l) to explain why it chose to allow Lufthansa (LH, Frankfurt Int'l) inbound-flights to Pune to use arrival/departure slots reserved for IAF fighter jets. The Indian Express says Air India has taken the Air Force to task over its perceived bias towards Lufthansa given that its own request for a waiver had been met with silence. "We have written to the IAF asking it to accommodate our flights too. We are hoping for a clearance," said Dhairyasheel Vandekar, station manager, Air India. In a statement, IAF officials said the Lufthansa's exception had been made bearing in mind the fact that "it's a European carrier operating within different time zones". Wing Commander R R Lall, spokesperson of IAF's 2 Wing, said: "The schedules have been agreed upon by airlines and approved by the Air Headquarters at the highest level."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.