Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of M&M promotions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by josmon10
Iberia's website has had a very similar game for at least 3 times in the last 2 years -the last one as recently as last week-, and it's a way to promote their partners. Every day you play (and win, very easy task) you get 5 Iberia points. Not much, but in those 7 days I got 35 points, more than the 30 points I earned in my 4 QF flights in October!
This one doesn't even give you points or miles. All you get are stupid reindeer and ribbons to put around their neck. I already have 3 reindeer and only need 6 more to reach the level for a Rimowa Trolley and then I can stop. I thought I'd catch another one since it's after midnight in Germany but they seem to know which time zone I'm in and don't let you find another one until after midnight.

BTW you can play the game in 10 languages.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yeah, I managed to get the ribbons round their necks, too. As for the Christmas trees, you have to plonk them down inside the enclosure, unlike outside, as I was trying to do so far.

(OT Is there an Iberia game now? I never saw one, although maybe it is only on the Spanish website?...)
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
The average traveler wants the ticket and I wouldn't decline them either but would rather prefer the Rimowas as well. Hope they aren't too stuff about the colors, otherwise I have another christmas gift for a female...
The red is not too flashy, I don't think you'd need to worry about looking girly walking around with this.

Oh, and keep in mind that this is the big, checked-luggage version of that trolley. The cabin version is on my Christmas list.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:55 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by Concerto
(OT Is there an Iberia game now? I never saw one, although maybe it is only on the Spanish website?...)
Last week only, sorry. This game usually pops up every 6 or 12 months.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 1:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Has anyone found the reindeer today (Sunday)? Despite clear (but oddly worded - in English anyway) hints I don't seem to be able to find it in the obvious place.
Special characteristics: America fan
Likes: The land of unlimited opportunities - so he knows how important data capture is for the USA

Old Dec 6, 2009, 2:47 am

Programs: M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Has anyone found the reindeer today (Sunday)? Despite clear (but oddly worded - in English anyway) hints I don't seem to be able to find it in the obvious place.

At 7am CET I couldn't find it, but at 10am CET it was where I expected it.
Maybe it sleeping a little longer on the weekend
Old Dec 6, 2009, 4:55 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by alex0683de

Oh, and keep in mind that this is the big, checked-luggage version of that trolley. The cabin version is on my Christmas list.
Hey Alex,
I have the cabin version in black. I stopped using it. The lack of outside pockets drastically reduces the ability to stow stuff and makes it for me very impractical. If I need to use it, I check it now, too
Merry christmas
m
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by crossings
I think the only limitation is that you have to book through the French page without logging in.
Sadly not true. I tried to book an ex-Germany flight on the French website using a €40 voucher issued using 'France' and it refused the voucher. As a test, I then changed ticket to an ex-Paris flight and the voucher was accepted.

I understand, by the way, from a friend that the vouchers are also accepted on BMI flights booked via the LH website which are LH codeshares (eg LHR-AMS, where you can basically travel for pretty much free free + taxes by using a UK voucher for the outbound and a Dutch voucher for the inbound).
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, A3 Silver
Originally Posted by jthiel1
At 7am CET I couldn't find it, but at 10am CET it was where I expected it.
Maybe it sleeping a little longer on the weekend
Well, didn't find it in the morning either, when I finally found it in the evening, I was told that I already had picked it up
Seems like you can log in to the game only once a day?! Or rather that you can get the reeindeer only during your first log-in on a day ...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by SwanlakeFTL
Seems like you can log in to the game only once a day?! Or rather that you can get the reeindeer only during your first log-in on a day ...
You can log in as many times as you like in a day. You are only offered the hint for the day until you actually pick up a reindeer but it doesn't have to be during your first log-in on the day.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, A3 Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You can log in as many times as you like in a day. You are only offered the hint for the day until you actually pick up a reindeer but it doesn't have to be during your first log-in on the day.
It didn't work for me though. Logged in in the morning, got offered the hint, didn't find the reindeer, logged off. Logged in again in the evening, didn't get the hint any more (but remembered it), found the reindeer - couldn't pick it up though, but was told instead that I already had picked it up. Which I definitely had not.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Sadly not true. I tried to book an ex-Germany flight on the French website using a €40 voucher issued using 'France' and it refused the voucher. As a test, I then changed ticket to an ex-Paris flight and the voucher was accepted.

I understand, by the way, from a friend that the vouchers are also accepted on BMI flights booked via the LH website which are LH codeshares (eg LHR-AMS, where you can basically travel for pretty much free free + taxes by using a UK voucher for the outbound and a Dutch voucher for the inbound).
Swiss voucher is rather flexible - was good for everything I booked
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by SwanlakeFTL
It didn't work for me though. Logged in in the morning, got offered the hint, didn't find the reindeer, logged off. Logged in again in the evening, didn't get the hint any more (but remembered it), found the reindeer - couldn't pick it up though, but was told instead that I already had picked it up. Which I definitely had not.
There was obviously some bug yesterday (or the reindeer overslept ). It has worked for me even when using a different computer. I don't logout of the game - I just close the browser - if that makes any difference.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Swiss voucher is rather flexible - was good for everything I booked
^ it seems that is does not have any restictions on the departure airport, as long as it is on Swiss LH...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: LH SEN
Online check-in reindeer?

Anyone picked it up yet? Seems to be pretty good in hiding on my computer... or LH IT bug again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.