Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals Lounge - Munich?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by flyingfkb
Sorry, I somehow mixed up FRA with MUC. But in general BIZ passengers can use the "Welcome Lounge" in FRA. And yes access to the Business Lounge for BIZ passengers is limited to depature but not allowed in arrival.
So arriving FRA pax get a better deal than arriving MUC pax. Has always been like that by the book but thought they may have given something to MUC pax now.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I am familiar with the FRA arrangements, just had not seen any rules published for MUC anywhere. It would, however, make sense to make a similar offer to J pax arriving at MUC.

As SEN, I never had to test it either, but will soon arrive in J at MUC with somebody who is not SEN, i.e. the question will become relevant then.
there is no FRA like Arrangement in MUC. Colleagues of mine have been turned away at MUC business Lounges after arriving from TATL flights in the morning
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
there is no FRA like Arrangement in MUC. Colleagues of mine have been turned away at MUC business Lounges after arriving from TATL flights in the morning
Thst’s my understanding, too. But they probably shouldn’t offer a better J arrival experience at FRA, now that they even move A380 to MUC and station the no-F A350 there.

Will probably go to the SEN lounge after arrival and ask politely whether I can bring in a companion for a shower. Have done it before at ZRH and it worked.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Thst’s my understanding, too. But they probably shouldn’t offer a better J arrival experience at FRA, now that they even move A380 to MUC and station the no-F A350 there.
Or if LH want to promote MUC shouldn’t they offer a similar J arrival experience as at FRA as you suggested upthread?

Will probably go to the SEN lounge after arrival and ask politely whether I can bring in a companion for a shower. Have done it before at ZRH and it worked.
If you are entitled to access a lounge as a SEN you should be able to invite a travelling companion (someone who arrived on the same flight) into the lounge with you.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Or if LH want to promote MUC shouldn’t they offer a similar J arrival experience as at FRA as you suggested upthread?

If you are entitled to access a lounge as a SEN you should be able to invite a travelling companion (someone who arrived on the same flight) into the lounge with you.
Sorry I wasn't clear about this: I meant they should up their game at MUC, not that they should reduce the service at FRA.

As far as I understand, arrival access is for SEN without guest only. At least according to the rules.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:08 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Yet another (positive) data point from earlier this week. I'm 1K, arrived into MUC in UA biz (upgraded with GPU, fwiw), and was granted access to both LH lounges (I had breakfast in the SEN lounge and then got a shower in the business lounge). When I arrived, I showed the agent at the door my ORD-MUC boarding pass and my 1K card. He asked "Do you have a connecting boarding pass?" I said "No, I'm arriving in Munich, and I'd just like to take a quick shower." He typed away for a minute and admitted me to the lounge.

So, this is consistent with the narrative that (1) it's an exception, but (2) LH agents are willing to make it surprisingly often. Although as villox's experience indicates, sometimes you don't get lucky. So maybe this is the ultimate YMMV.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
We are flying YVR-MUC-BCN. The tickets were booked through AC but the inbound flights are operated by LH. It was booked as J and we are in J YVR-MUC but ‘seated in’ Y for the MUC-BCN leg. No LH status, E35K/*A silver only.

Any hope for lounge access during the layover?
Old May 28, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Janet Simons
We are flying YVR-MUC-BCN. The tickets were booked through AC but the inbound flights are operated by LH. It was booked as J and we are in J YVR-MUC but ‘seated in’ Y for the MUC-BCN leg. No LH status, E35K/*A silver only.

Any hope for lounge access during the layover?
Try asking AC to find availability in J for MUC-BCN , otherwise no lounge access since you would be departing in Y
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by QBK
Yet another (positive) data point from earlier this week. I'm 1K, arrived into MUC in UA biz (upgraded with GPU, fwiw), and was granted access to both LH lounges (I had breakfast in the SEN lounge and then got a shower in the business lounge). When I arrived, I showed the agent at the door my ORD-MUC boarding pass and my 1K card. He asked "Do you have a connecting boarding pass?" I said "No, I'm arriving in Munich, and I'd just like to take a quick shower." He typed away for a minute and admitted me to the lounge.

So, this is consistent with the narrative that (1) it's an exception, but (2) LH agents are willing to make it surprisingly often. Although as villox's experience indicates, sometimes you don't get lucky. So maybe this is the ultimate YMMV.
Appreciate the YMMV sentiment

But do you think if you had an ongoing flight in Y you would have been let in?

I have an overnight Business flight (TG) flight arriving in MUC at 7am and then an outbound in Y to LHR 90 minutes later.

Would love somewhere for a quick shower and freshen up.

I do have PP access - but it doesn't seem like i'll have enough time without rushing to cross terminals and back.

Ultimately I can try my luck
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:21 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by baggyred
Appreciate the YMMV sentiment

But do you think if you had an ongoing flight in Y you would have been let in?
The poster would have access to the lounge based on his/her *G status (UA 1K).

I have an overnight Business flight (TG) flight arriving in MUC at 7am and then an outbound in Y to LHR 90 minutes later.

Would love somewhere for a quick shower and freshen up.

I do have PP access - but it doesn't seem like i'll have enough time without rushing to cross terminals and back.

Ultimately I can try my luck
If you have *G status you can access the lounge. 90 mins is definitely cutting it too short to make it across to T1 and back. You'd also need to take the airside shuttle bus, because I don't think the'd let you through security in T1 with a T2 boarding pass (assuming that you will travel MUC-LHR on LH and not on BA).

There are public showers in the T2 arrival area, though:

https://www.munich-airport.com/shower-787635

Since you need to clear security anyways you could go landside, have a shower and then go through security again like any departing pax. This alternative will add inbound and outbound passport control, though. Should be easy if you hold an EU passport and can use EasyPass, for a non-EU passport it depends on the lines at passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.