FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   BofA United Credit Card - miles convertible? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/756584-bofa-united-credit-card-miles-convertible.html)

crimson2k6 Nov 13, 2007 12:35 am

BofA United Credit Card - miles convertible?

Dear FT'ers,

I have a quick question about the UA credit card for US residents. Are the miles earned on the card somehow transferable to Miles and More and could therefore be credited to my M&M Frequent Traveller account? I don't have too many miles in my M&M so only after merging both accounts would I probably be able to buy relevant award tickets.

Also, are there any other programs for US citizens to accrue award miles besides BofA United and Amex SPG?

Thanks!

haubd Nov 13, 2007 1:28 am

For converting miles, you might want to check out Webflyer's miles converter.

I don't really understand your second question. Basically every US airline and hotel program has its affiliated credit card. Additionally, there ae a bunch of international airlines, that offer credit cards for US citizens, LH is one of them - can't find the thread right now, but there is one here about the new LH card - should be sometime in October '07.

flysurfer Nov 13, 2007 2:04 am

My UA credit card is from Chase. I didn't know BoA is also issuing one.

haubd Nov 13, 2007 2:21 am

Found the new LH credit card thread here

crimson2k6 Nov 13, 2007 10:06 am

I am specifically looking for US cards that let me transfer points accrued to my M&M account.

flysurfer Nov 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by crimson2k6 (Post 8722809)
I am specifically looking for US cards that let me transfer points accrued to my M&M account.

I'm not aware of any such card.

IsleSeat Nov 14, 2007 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 8721210)
My UA credit card is from Chase. I didn't know BoA is also issuing one.

I want to stay as far away from BoA as I do from my ex wife.

IsleSeat Nov 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 8724516)
I'm not aware of any such card.

No, he is meaning the Barclay's Bank Card, for which we all applied for, which you have and I received also last week.

flysurfer Nov 14, 2007 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by IsleSeat (Post 8731660)
No, he is meaning the Barclay's Bank Card, for which we all applied for, which you have and I received also last week.

The new Barclay's card doesn't allow the transfer of any "points" to M&M. It's a M&M CC that directly generates miles. So honestly, I have no clue what the OP is talking about.