Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Group service to Bristol [BRS]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm... The BRS-BRU flights are timed to catch the morning and night longhaul departure bank(s).
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
I’ve seen LH Regional also have leased an A223 from BT.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Air Baltic operates two CS3 for Lufthansa ex MUC in Wetlease. They cover the shortfall of A320/319 and the fact that CL had to move almost all their E19x fleet to OS. Nothing to do with BRS at all.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Hmm... The BRS-BRU flights are timed to catch the morning and night longhaul departure bank(s).
It's the return BRU-BRS which is awkward - there's a flight around 17:00 and again around 21:00. So if you land into BRU from NYC at about 08:00, you've got a 9 hour wait until the connection to BRS. The former 3x daily schedule had a 09:30 ish BRU-BRS.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:28 am

New: heavenly Hannover or bustling BristolGreat news! From September 2019 onwards, you’ll be able to fly to 2 new destinations with Brussels Airlines. Do you want to enjoy nature again in autumn? Then the dazzling parks and gardens of Hannover are a fantastic choice. Brussels Airlines flies to this destination five times a week, starting at € 91. This means you can plan this trip whenever you want!

Or would you rather end your year with a hearty night on the town? Then the lively Bristol is definitely something for you! You can fly there and back starting at € 90. This flight is available six times a week, so you don’t have any excuses for not finding an opening in your busy schedule.
Saw this in the BRU newsletter and had to chuckle!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:14 pm

If that €90 intro fare is r/t, that's about half the cheapest fare seen recently on the ER-145s (Ł150). Typically it was Ł250-Ł350 for an r/t BRS-BRU on bmi.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Air Baltic operates two CS3 for Lufthansa ex MUC in Wetlease. They cover the shortfall of A320/319 and the fact that CL had to move almost all their E19x fleet to OS. Nothing to do with BRS at all.
I was merely adding to the discussion about LH Group aircraft shortfall.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:19 am

Announced today that LH are resuming BRS-FRA twice daily using E190 equipment. Slightly odd timings (09:00 and 17:50 ex-FRA), but great to be back on the LH map again.
NewbieRunner and ballin44 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:24 am

Although, as last time LH launched from BRS, they've announced the route but it's not in GDS or bookable on lh.com.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:36 am

BRS is back!

Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:52 am

Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:53 am

Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:40 am

BRS even made the mileage bargains this month (together with GLA/BHX/NCL/etc)
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:38 am

That's good news (right?)

I realise I didn't do a (second) inaugural trip report. First flight had 88 in Y and 2 in C. (Guess who the two in C were). Check-in was across three desks, Star Alliance Gold priority signed, all acceptably efficient. Priority security wasn't available, and the main security was running at 4 lanes with a lot of people who apparently still don't understand limits on liquids in hand luggage. Unfortunately, the Aspire Lounge that was due to be open that day postponed their opening a week, so no chance to ask again why a lounge in the West Country doesn't have cider (but we do know why).

Boarding was from a main apron gate. (I suspect less auspicious flights will be bus boarded from a less exciting position). It didn't look like there was a priority boarding queue except for the (quite large number of) solo travelers with babies and small children. As it's a walk across the apron to board, group boarding is always a bit hit and miss. I was late to board, having had a chat with the airport team and social media people and got some photos.

Service in business was absolutely fine. The crew were initially worried their only two biz passengers were going to no show, but that crisis was averted. Quick (slightly late) pushback, followed by round one of drinks, a pretty nice cold food tray, round two of drinks after the crew had finished the economy cart run, and a coffee before descent into FRA.

Landing was via bridge into Terminal Z (which I also don't expect will be the norm - hello V98). As the return flight was back to LHR that meant leaving the sterile zone, over on the Skyline, and back through security into Terminal B. (It's no longer a sensible option for a UK resident to 'hop into Schengen' to do the tunnel transfer). 5 hours of WiFi, Power and Cocktails in the B SEN lounge was great, uneventful flight back to LHR T2, long (but not hideous) queue for Immigration, and then road back to BRS.

Obviously, I'll be using the flight more, particularly as the frequency increases from 'a couple of times a week at variable times' to something a bit more business friendly.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:47 am

BRS - Mainline A319 replaces CL E190 on some flights

BRS twitter feed has just announced that a mainline A319 will operate FRA-BRS on days 12---6- in July, replacing the usual Cityline E190.

Given that only C/Y inventory is showing for the entire month (meaning a BRS-FRA return is about GBP975 in Y), I guess that 15 passengers on a 319 still works out profitable.

It'd be fun to fly a LH 319 from BRS, but not at that price. (Although, arguably, spending 15k miles on a short-haul Y redemption temporarily looks like good value for money).
iLied likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.