FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Meal service on LH459 SFO-MUC in F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/750851-meal-service-lh459-sfo-muc-f.html)

mijugo Oct 27, 2007 5:36 pm

Meal service on LH459 SFO-MUC in F

I´ll take LH459 SFO-MUC in F. What kind of meal service may I expect?

Is it the standard US to Europe Full Dinner + Breakfast Service?

Or is there a "reduced" dinner + a full lunch service due to the strange departure/arrival times?

Thank you for your help!

Michael

tcswede Oct 28, 2007 1:33 am

Originally Posted by mijugo (Post 8631732)
I´ll take LH459 SFO-MUC in F. What kind of meal service may I expect?

Is it the standard US to Europe Full Dinner + Breakfast Service?

Or is there a "reduced" dinner + a full lunch service due to the strange departure/arrival times?

Thank you for your help!

Michael

IIRC it will be full dinner or also you can choose the quick tray service followed by regular breakfast service before landing.

Cheers

Thomas

whiskey_sk Oct 28, 2007 2:11 am

Originally Posted by tcswede (Post 8632914)
IIRC it will be full dinner or also you can choose the quick tray service followed by regular breakfast service before landing.

Last month it was exactly as described by honorable tcswede above.

SleepOverGreenland Oct 29, 2007 2:44 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 8632963)
Last month it was exactly as described by honorable tcswede above.

Standard is full dinner service and breakfast before arrival. But keep in mind, you can choose, when you want your meal. So you can easily decline dinner after departure and have a couple hours sleep first. Then you can ask for the meal (as a kind of brunch) and you get served appetizers of your choice as well as one of the main courses.

mijugo Oct 29, 2007 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 8637672)
Standard is full dinner service and breakfast before arrival. But keep in mind, you can choose, when you want your meal. So you can easily decline dinner after departure and have a couple hours sleep first. Then you can ask for the meal (as a kind of brunch) and you get served appetizers of your choice as well as one of the main courses.

Very good idea! Thank you for reminding me! It may be the very first time, I´m taking full use of the "master of time" concept as I find a breakfast at 5pm lokal time somewhat strange - at least the years where these were typical wakeup-times are long gone ;)

whiskey_sk Oct 29, 2007 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by mijugo (Post 8640136)
Very good idea! Thank you for reminding me! It may be the very first time, I´m taking full use of the "master of time" concept as I find a breakfast at 5pm lokal time somewhat strange - at least the years where these were typical wakeup-times are long gone ;)

That's the way to go. I asked the FA to wake me up at about 13:00 MUC time for lunch and went to sleep right after the belt sign got switched off.

RJ Oct 29, 2007 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 8637672)

Is this meal flexibility also available in C?

szg Oct 30, 2007 1:57 am

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 8643241)
Is this meal flexibility also available in C?

No, it isn´t. Maybe you can asked, if it is possible.

hch Oct 30, 2007 3:31 am

Originally Posted by szg (Post 8644068)
No, it isn´t. Maybe you can asked, if it is possible.

It always worked for me when I asked very nicely. It even was offered to me a few times when I woke up after sleeping through half the flight or more.

szg Oct 30, 2007 4:02 am

Originally Posted by hch (Post 8644260)
It always worked for me when I asked very nicely. It even was offered to me a few times when I woke up after sleeping through half the flight or more.

It depends really on the crew. Maybe a status will also help.