LH           SC        2   -LH           GE        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           IE        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           ME        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           RO        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           RS        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           TN        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           TR        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH 0400-0799           2   -LH           SC        2    ---- ---- 0050 0050
LH           SC        2   -LH 0400-0799           2    ---- 0050 ---- 0050     
LH 9439-9439           2  Y-LH                     2    ---- ---- 0045 ----     
LH 9469-9469           2  Y-LH                     2    ---- ---- 0045 ----     
LH                       XQ-LH                          ---- ---- 0130 0130     
                           -LH                       XQ ---- 0130 ---- 0130     
                       2   -LH                     2 A3 ---- ---- ---- 0045     
                       1   -LH                     1 EW 0035 0050 0100 0100     
                       2   -LH                     1 EW 0100 0130 0130 0130     
                       1   -LH                     2 EW 0100 0130 0130 0130     
                       2   -LH                     2 EW 0035 0050 0100 0100     
LH                         -LH                       XQ ---- ---- ---- 0130     
LH                     2   -LH                     2 EW ---- 0040 ---- ----     
LH                     2   -LH                     2 UA ---- ---- ---- 0040     
LH                     2 AC-LH                     2 LG ---- ---- ---- 0200
Print Wikipost

Connecting in Munich [MUC]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by behyx
Thanks! Just to confirm, the awesome L11 lounge that you guys are talking about is the business lounge correct? Because i'm traveling J, so I can't enter Senator lounge.
Don’t get over excited, LH business lounges could never be described as awesome, that’s reserved for their F lounges
worldclubber and mmff like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Yes, the one in L is best: newest, best bar, best view.

Food may not be in sync, I rarely tour all lounges to check on that, but very similar throughout the year across the lounges.
Whats the food quality & range like now ?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by behyx
Thanks! Just to confirm, the awesome L11 lounge that you guys are talking about is the business lounge correct? Because i'm traveling J, so I can't enter Senator lounge.
It‘s the business and SEN lounges I was talking about. The one at L is the best of the lot, decent but not „awesome“; not sure that there are awesome business class lounges. (not even UA Polaris Lounges or the AC Signature Suite are really „awesome“)

The bar of the lounge at L connects the SEN and the business lounges a while I have only been to the business lounge two or three times, it seems near-identical concerning view, food and bar to the neighboring SEN lounge, where I usually go.

chris63 and behyx like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Whats the food quality & range like now ?
Range is not too bad, quality, however, is just OKish, as it is on the level of a (mediocre to good) university dining hall.

There are always a salad bar, bread and pretzels, and two soups, plus 2-3 hot choices. The hot choices often include one pasta and/or Asian dish and something „local“ such as „Leberkäse“. (I‘ll add a picture I took for a Leberkäse-loving friend last week)

And they often have interesting beer specials — currently it is Riegele craft beers from Augsburg:

They are OK business lounges and much better than waiting at the gate, but cannot be compared to the FCL upstairs.

chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Range is not too bad, quality, however, is just OKish, as it is on the level of a (mediocre to good) university dining hall.

There are always a salad bar, bread and pretzels, and two soups, plus 2-3 hot choices. The hot choices often include one pasta and/or Asian dish and something „local“ such as „Leberkäse“. (I‘ll add a picture I took for a Leberkäse-loving friend last week)

And they often have interesting beer specials — currently it is Riegele craft beers from Augsburg:

They are OK business lounges and much better than waiting at the gate, but cannot be compared to the FCL upstairs.

Looks quite ok & a massive step up from Aspire at MAN but that wouldn’t be difficult
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:09 am

Looks quite ok & a massive step up from Aspire at MAN but that wouldn’t be difficult
Hard to not beat the Aspire lounge at MAN.

Only thing I like there is the view from the (extremely uncomfortable) high stools along the window.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hard to not beat the Aspire lounge at MAN.

Only thing I like there is the view from the (extremely uncomfortable) high stools along the window.
Yes, it’s hard to descend from the ‘Aspire’ Lounge

At least those high stools have functioning electric sockets.... unlike some of the other seating
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Looks quite ok
The presentation got better, yes. The quality, not so much.

For instance, today (not in MUC, but in another German LH lounge) they had a tasteless sweet potato mash as the vegetarian entree (served with flatbread as a side) and a thai chicken with basmati rice.

Both mains were quite liquid with little substance (i.e., chicken, veggies) and bland.

The "local" special was meatballs with potato salad. Note that they give some of these "local" specials different names depending on the lounge but the product itself is identical.

So the caterer's potato salad is called Bavarian potato salad in MUC, but the same product is called Hessian potato salad in FRA. And so on, you might get the same wieners in TXL and FRA but with different names.

Dishes are often overcooked (e.g., the penne pasta with marinara sauce or those greenish gnocci) and frequently cold.

Overall, I think the variety in LH's German lounges is all right (not at smaller outstations but at the bigger locations). However, the quality needs to get better.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by lipsum
Overall, I think the variety in LH's German lounges is all right (not at smaller outstations but at the bigger locations). However, the quality needs to get better.
^

Exactly what is said above: range is OK but quality is now at a very low level. Non-hub lounges often unacceptably bad.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lipsum
The presentation got better, yes. The quality, not so much.

For instance, today (not in MUC, but in another German LH lounge) they had a tasteless sweet potato mash as the vegetarian entree (served with flatbread as a side) and a thai chicken with basmati rice.

Both mains were quite liquid with little substance (i.e., chicken, veggies) and bland.

The "local" special was meatballs with potato salad. Note that they give some of these "local" specials different names depending on the lounge but the product itself is identical.

So the caterer's potato salad is called Bavarian potato salad in MUC, but the same product is called Hessian potato salad in FRA. And so on, you might get the same wieners in TXL and FRA but with different names.

Dishes are often overcooked (e.g., the penne pasta with marinara sauce or those greenish gnocci) and frequently cold.

Thanks for the detailed appraisal 👍
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines
Question 40 Minute Connection Possible?

Hello, I have been reading through this thread (very helpful, thanks!) but I still want to throw my question out there. I am flying in August to Split, Croatia from Madrid, spain and my TripIt app keeps alerting me that I have a tight connection between LF 1807 (MAD) to OU 4439 (MUC). I have been checking FlightStats regularly to see how late/early either flights are and there isn't really a rhyme a reason to help calm my fear of missing my connecting flight.

From what I can tell, the MAD to MUC flight arrives in terminal G (gates 4 or 26) (on Lufthansa) and the MUC to SPU departs from terminal H (41) 40 minutes later (on Croatian Airlines). Can I make it with a carry-on bag to my next flight? Do I have to go through security/customs? I am flying on a USA passport.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by DCDude73
Hello, I have been reading through this thread (very helpful, thanks!) but I still want to throw my question out there. I am flying in August to Split, Croatia from Madrid, spain and my TripIt app keeps alerting me that I have a tight connection between LF 1807 (MAD) to OU 4439 (MUC). I have been checking FlightStats regularly to see how late/early either flights are and there isn't really a rhyme a reason to help calm my fear of missing my connecting flight.

From what I can tell, the MAD to MUC flight arrives in terminal G (gates 4 or 26) (on Lufthansa) and the MUC to SPU departs from terminal H (41) 40 minutes later (on Croatian Airlines). Can I make it with a carry-on bag to my next flight? Do I have to go through security/customs? I am flying on a USA passport.
Hi DCDude and welcome to FT!

First, 40 minutes in MUC would be highly enough for a Schengen to Non-Schengen connection. Madrid to Munich is considered as domestic as the flight is within the Schengen zone and the Munich to Split flight is not as Croatia isn't in the Schengen zone. Be aware that not all MAD flights would arrive from G gates ( It could arrive at K gates as well ) and not all SPU flights would depart from H gates ( It could depart from L gates as well ). There is no pattern of gates in MUC except for TLV and USA flights where extra security screening devices are installed at.

You would need to pass passport control, but it's not like the USA where you need to go through CBP. As you're a USA citizen, you won't be questioned and your passport would be stamped and the process would take less than a minute and you wouldn't need to clear security as well.

With a carry-on bag, you would make the flight unless the flight from MAD arrives at a remote stand and if your gate is at the other side of the terminal where the bus drops you.
However, if you miss your connection, you would be rebooked to the next flight to SPU and if it's not within the next 3 hours, you would be entitled to EU261 compensation.
DCDude73 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines
Thank you!!! This helps. I have been doing a mad google search for all the terms used and I have learned a bunch!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You would need to pass passport control, but it's not like the USA where you need to go through CBP. As you're a USA citizen, you won't be questioned and your passport would be stamped and the process would take less than a minute and you wouldn't need to clear security as well.
You may also be able to use the kiosks for passport control. I've noticed last week when transferring L to K a sign stating a list of countries, including US, who can now use the kiosks besides EU citizens.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gusd
You may also be able to use the kiosks for passport control. I've noticed last week when transferring L to K a sign stating a list of countries, including US, who can now use the kiosks besides EU citizens.
I didn't notice that they've installed the non-EU kiosks at MUC but I've seen them in FRA. If there are kiosks, USA passport holders could now benefit from them.
By the way, I am unlucky that since now, I always ended up with G and H gates and never been to T2-S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.