LH           SC        2   -LH           GE        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           IE        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           ME        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           RO        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           RS        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           TN        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH           SC        2   -LH           TR        2    ---- 0050 ---- ----
LH 0400-0799           2   -LH           SC        2    ---- ---- 0050 0050
LH           SC        2   -LH 0400-0799           2    ---- 0050 ---- 0050     
LH 9439-9439           2  Y-LH                     2    ---- ---- 0045 ----     
LH 9469-9469           2  Y-LH                     2    ---- ---- 0045 ----     
LH                       XQ-LH                          ---- ---- 0130 0130     
                           -LH                       XQ ---- 0130 ---- 0130     
                       2   -LH                     2 A3 ---- ---- ---- 0045     
                       1   -LH                     1 EW 0035 0050 0100 0100     
                       2   -LH                     1 EW 0100 0130 0130 0130     
                       1   -LH                     2 EW 0100 0130 0130 0130     
                       2   -LH                     2 EW 0035 0050 0100 0100     
LH                         -LH                       XQ ---- ---- ---- 0130     
LH                     2   -LH                     2 EW ---- 0040 ---- ----     
LH                     2   -LH                     2 UA ---- ---- ---- 0040     
LH                     2 AC-LH                     2 LG ---- ---- ---- 0200
Print Wikipost

Connecting in Munich [MUC]

Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
There is secondary security for flights to the US for selected passengers but you should be able to ask for your purchase to be put in a tamper-proof bag. The lounges in the satellite are much nicer than the windowless ones in the main terminal. If you have plenty of time you can take the shuttle to the satellite (and back). BOS flights usually seem to depart from the main terminal.
Theres the infamous SSSS secondary screening, which has additional X-Ray etc. You will know when you cant get your BP at OLCI and the BP you get at the counter will display those 4 letters. If thats the case then ask for a plastic bag like the one they use in DF.

if not SSSS then there is only an additional document check, either at the gate (main terminal) or before a separate part of the T2 Satellite. No need to worry in that case.
MojaveFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: UA MM
Thanks for the replies, very helpful for my love of German mustard
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Lis muc bom

I've made loads of successful transfers at MUC, but that's because I'm good a following signs - I really have no memory of the process. Looking back is just a jumble of passport checks, escalators and trains - and wonderment that they manage to segment the train into different categories of transferring passenger.

But this time I have just 50 minutes scheduled between arriving LH from Lisbon and departing LH to Mumbai (I think an H gate), travelling with a friend who suffers from a slight disability that renders her a very slow but determined walker.

I guess I could book assistance, but there would be bruised dignity, resistance, possibly refusal but certainly sulking if I employ that strategy. I'm willing to bite the bullet if needs be, but I have no clear idea of the processes to be followed. I think it might be as simple as up a level + passports, but queues and distances have got me worried.

Any help in assessing what to do?

Is assistance in the form of a wheelchair, or a people-mover style buggy? (the latter might be more acceptable)
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've made loads of successful transfers at MUC, but that's because I'm good a following signs - I really have no memory of the process. Looking back is just a jumble of passport checks, escalators and trains - and wonderment that they manage to segment the train into different categories of transferring passenger.

But this time I have just 50 minutes scheduled between arriving LH from Lisbon and departing LH to Mumbai (I think an H gate), travelling with a friend who suffers from a slight disability that renders her a very slow but determined walker.

I guess I could book assistance, but there would be bruised dignity, resistance, possibly refusal but certainly sulking if I employ that strategy. I'm willing to bite the bullet if needs be, but I have no clear idea of the processes to be followed. I think it might be as simple as up a level + passports, but queues and distances have got me worried.

Any help in assessing what to do?

Is assistance in the form of a wheelchair, or a people-mover style buggy? (the latter might be more acceptable)
Your LIS flight will either arrive at a G (main terminal) or K (satellite) gate, from where you will just need to go through passport control, no security required, to reach your H (main terminal) or L (satellite) gate. The BOM flight seems to depart from either, so you will need to figure out your gate upon arrival at MUC. Best case, if no transfer between the main terminal and the satellite is required, you just move one level up as you already said, which will be quite fast. If not, you will need to go down to the train and make the quick trip over, which will add about 10mins of time. Passport control queues for transfers at MUC are generally quite manageable, so I would not worry about your connection too much.

I dont have experience with the assistance services, but I recall seeing them using buggies, so that might be acceptable for your friend I guess in your case I would just book the assistance service just to be sure in the case of an inbound delay, so you dont have to rush through the airport.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Bavariair
.....I dont have experience with the assistance services, but I recall seeing them using buggies, so that might be acceptable for your friend I guess in your case I would just book the assistance service just to be sure in the case of an inbound delay, so you dont have to rush through the airport.
Excellent advice! That way I can play the assistance card, and earn brownie points as deus ex machina in the event of a late arrival from LIS ^

Thanks for the outlining the transfer procedures so clearly.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1593568-lufthansa-guide-service.html
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:45 pm

I am flying ORD-MUC-OTP. It looks like both flights depart from terminal 2. Will I pass through passport control and customs in MUC or OTP?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Since OTP is not Schengen, no passport control or customs in MUC. Both in OTP.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by gusd
Since OTP is not Schengen, no passport control or customs in MUC. Both in OTP.
Thanks. Will I need to pass through any security checks?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by poisson
Thanks. Will I need to pass through any security checks?
No, there is no security check when connecting from ORD to OTP.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by gusd
No, there is no security check when connecting from ORD to OTP.
Thanks again. My ORD-MUC flight is delayed and will arrive about 20min before my MUC-OTP flight is scheduled to depart. Is a 20min connection doable in any way or should I plan on getting a later flight MUC-OTP?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:51 pm

Thanks again. My ORD-MUC flight is delayed and will arrive about 20min before my MUC-OTP flight is scheduled to depart. Is a 20min connection doable in any way or should I plan on getting a later flight MUC-OTP?
This will be very tight if not impossible. According to LH.com, LH435 is scheduled to arrive gate H32 and LH1654 is supposed to leave from H40. This would be a short walk, but gate assignments can and do change, so you may end up having to go to/from the satellite, which would make 20 minutes impossible. I would ask them to protect you on the next flight to OTP, which is quite some time later, by the way. That way, in case you don't make your original flight, at least you have a seat on the next one.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Originally Posted by Bavariair

Your LIS flight will either arrive at a G (main terminal) or K (satellite) gate, from where you will just need to go through passport control, no security required, to reach your H (main terminal) or L (satellite) gate. The BOM flight seems to depart from either, so you will need to figure out your gate upon arrival at MUC. Best case, if no transfer between the main terminal and the satellite is required, you just move one level up as you already said, which will be quite fast. If not, you will need to go down to the train and make the quick trip over, which will add about 10mins of time. Passport control queues for transfers at MUC are generally quite manageable, so I would not worry about your connection too much.

I dont have experience with the assistance services, but I recall seeing them using buggies, so that might be acceptable for your friend I guess in your case I would just book the assistance service just to be sure in the case of an inbound delay, so you dont have to rush through the airport.
I don't know if this is still relevant, but here is my fresh experience from using special assistance in MUC, multiple connecting flights with different levels of assistance.
Ankle fracture in cast, cannot walk a single step without crutches.

WCHC - highest level of assistance, they even help you walk in the plane and sit you down
WCHS - middle tier, if you cannot climb stairs, wheelchair to the doors of the plane, if no jetway, you get a fancy ambulift out of plane, you will ride with special van directly to your next connecting flight's gate - really efficient even with short connections, even between terminals.
WCHR - lowest level, can climb stairs - you are to deplane by yourself, if no jetway, you have to climb down stairs, you will ride with other passengers and be taken on a wheelchair at the arrival gate and then golfcart to next gate.

Warning: those golfcarts in MUC can only take you within one terminal - if you change form K to G gate, they have to load you on wheelchair, down the elevator, take the train, up with elevator and next golfcart or just wheelchair if the gate is near. Takes a lot of time.

All of the time I got pre-boarding even before business class and priority at security/passport lines, skipping even crews. I felt almost ashamed and I kindly refused the wheelchair a few time for shorter distances.

If your friend has problem with distances, WCHR is the thing to book.Call LH, the online form on their new website is broken.

Overall, the folks at special service are super nice and friendly ^
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
You never know in MUC, if you're on LH and on one ticket. My last flight into MUC was delayed by about 30 mins and got an apron position in the RJ park. There were announcements for connecting passengers to HKG and BUD, and dedicated transfer buses were waiting for them at the aircraft. Other connecting passengers had LH staffers waiting for them inside the Terminal as we got off the bus, including those booked on the evening flight to Bucharest.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:59 pm

Great connection today PRA-MUC-SFO

Arrived in MUC at remote stand. Had a Mercedes van take us to the F lounge where the personal assistant took our passports and had the passport control guy look at them while we settled in for a drink and a quick bite. We then picked up our passports and had a short walk to the departing gate. A quick BP check before the gates and that was it. For some reason I was expecting to run the gauntlet but was extremely pleased at how easy it was.
worldclubber likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.