Lufthansa Express AirRail procedures [merged]

Old Oct 24, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
It's always a pity to see a working concept being watered down by the bean counters.

But why on earth do Cathay/JAL not set up their own joint check-in at Dusseldorf and Cologne main? It would be a more natural alliance than the unholy DB/Lufthansa marriage of convenience. JAL at least use to have some sort of deal with Eurostar/SCNF.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by taigatrommel
So, perhaps there was made a decision in the higher management levels, but this decision is still internal. But this sounds a bit strange.
I sent an e-mail to the LH Hon Circle to complain about the degradation of service. Haven't heard back yet. Will let you know, when I ave an answer.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:33 am
hch

Originally Posted by alfahund
I sent an e-mail to the LH Hon Circle to complain about the degradation of service. Haven't heard back yet. Will let you know, when I ave an answer.
LH CS seems to be pretty bad lately. I've been waiting for more than 4 month for any response to a complaint despite asking back multiple times. I've
also never got any reply from the hon circle feedback mail address.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
I am just typing a complaint letter to Mr. Antinori. Can not let this odd mail stand without any comment. No change expected for now, but if many HONs complain they may not introduce the next surprise soon after.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by hch
LH CS seems to be pretty bad lately. I've been waiting for more than 4 month for any response to a complaint despite asking back multiple times. I've
also never got any reply from the hon circle feedback mail address.
Maybe they don't like you. They typically respond within a few days to me. No matter what it is.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I am just typing a complaint letter to Mr. Antinori. Can not let this odd mail stand without any comment. No change expected for now, but if many HONs complain they may not introduce the next surprise soon after.
Let's hope so. But so far my experience was that they take my feedback seriously.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by andymell
I don't think the T check-in service allows you to check-in for US-bound flights.
I just passed through FRA on my way to ZWS. There is a sign at T Checkin "For US Flights please go to Terminal B".
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by mosburger
It's always a pity to see a working concept being watered down by the bean counters.
A pity. Anyone remember the ORIGINAL Airrail service with a dedicated carriage (12 from ZWS) and a dedicated steward with food and newspapers/magazines for everyone... those were the times.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
A pity. Anyone remember the ORIGINAL Airrail service with a dedicated carriage (12 from ZWS) and a dedicated steward with food and newspapers/magazines for everyone... those were the times.
Oh yes, I remember that...and 4x miles.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:14 am

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
And IIRC, travelling in the 1st class carriage even with a Y ticket.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Originally Posted by daysleeper
And IIRC, travelling in the 1st class carriage even with a Y ticket.
Yup, forgot that. Unfortunately, I never expereinced the old LH Airport Express using the (old) 403 train. My very first LH flight was in 1993, just a few months after that service was discontinued and two compartments in the 1st class coach were reserved. Today, the "Donald Duck" 403s are rotting .
Old Oct 27, 2007, 7:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
This came out for German TAs:

5/108: 24.10.07 Ab 5. November: Verändertes AIRail Produkt zwischen Köln, Siegburg/Bonn, Stuttgart und Flughafen Frankfurt

Lufthansa erweitert das AIRail-Angebot und ändert das Gepäckabfertigungsverfahren auf den AIRail-Verbindungen:

 Siegburg/Bonn wird neuer Ein- und Ausstiegsbahnhof - zu buchen unter QKL*.
 Die Minimum Check-In Zeit an den Bahnhöfen wird auf 15 Min vor Zugabfahrt reduziert.
 Gepäckaufgabe und –ausgabe erfolgt im AIRail-Terminal im Fernbahnhof Flughafen Frankfurt.
 Möglichkeit der DB Lounge Nutzung im Fernbahnhof Flughafen Frankfurt für alle AIRail-Passagiere der Lufthansa First und Business Class.

Im Einzelnen:

Von Köln (QKL), Siegburg/Bonn (zu buchen unter QKL) und Stuttgart (ZWS)

 Lufthansa-Gäste ab Köln und Stuttgart können weiterhin für den AIRail-Zug und den Lufthansa-Weiterflug ab FRA am Lufthansa-Schalter im Bahnhof QKL und ZWS einchecken.
 Gästen ab Siegburg/Bonn stehen 2 Lufthansa Check-In Automaten im DB Reisezentrum zur Verfügung
 Das Gepäck wird nicht mehr am Bahnhof aufgegeben, der Reisende nimmt das Gepäck nach Erhalt seiner Bordkarte selbst mit in den Zug.
 Nach Ankunft in FRA kann das Gepäck im AIRail-Terminal im Fernbahnhof Flughafen Frankfurt am Lufthansa Quick Check-In Gepäck Annahmeschalter aufgegeben werden.

Nach Köln (QKL), Siegburg/Bonn (zu buchen unter QKL) und Stuttgart (ZWS)

 Nach Ankunft in Frankfurt holt der Reisende sein Gepäck an der neu eingerichteten Gepäckausgabe im AIRail-Terminal im Fernbahnhof Flughafen Frankfurt ab. Hier erfolgt auch die eventuelle Zollabfertigung.
 Der Passagier nimmt anschließend sein Gepäck selbst mit in den AIRail-Zug.

*Für Reisen von und nach Siegburg/Bonn benutzen Sie bitte sowohl für Preisabfragen als auch für Reservierungen den Code QKL. Unter dem Code ZPY für Siegburg/Bonn können keine Buchungen oder Preisabfragen getätigt werden.

Bitte informieren Sie Ihre Kunden und Mitarbeiter über diese veränderten Regelungen.
Essentially the same message. They keep stressing to use the QKL code for Siegburg, and not ZPY.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:54 am

As a Bahn-HON ;-) I welcome this move very much. I could never understand how DB could be so arrogant to take away the train's best seats from their customers and turn them into a luggage compartment.

I am pissed every time I have to sit in a normal compartment while one or two suitcases in the lounge area are curtained off. In fact, I'm pissed right now, because I'm writing this from "LH 6804", sitting in the zoo while my privacy zone is occupied by one (!) suitcase and a guy in red to guard the customs area or whatever they call this crap.

Good riddance!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 2:46 am

Programs: M&M: HON/*GOLD
What an excuse!

Upon check-in this Sunday morning at ZWS the agent informed me about the forthcoming new procedure (she didn't call it enhanced!). She said apparently a customer survey indicated that passengers preferred to take their baggage with themselves. However, they never saw any survey and had no idea when it was conducted.

She senses, too, that this is simply to save costs, yet they are not allow to say that. The official string of argument is the customer service.

Flights between FRA and STR will, however, continue to operate and not be suspended as it happened in CGN. Well, unless they come up with the idea of using these slots for other services...
Old Oct 28, 2007, 3:28 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by anewsenator
Upon check-in this Sunday morning at ZWS the agent informed me about the forthcoming new procedure (she didn't call it enhanced!). She said apparently a customer survey indicated that passengers preferred to take their baggage with themselves. However, they never saw any survey and had no idea when it was conducted.
What a BS. Sure, passengers prefer to schlep their heavy luggage themselves to or from Frankfurt if they had the possibility to check them right upon departure

LH apparently still believes their customers are totally stupid

I don't like addressing each issue to LHrelate but if anybody is asking you, let them know that there are at least some passengers out there who would prefer to check their stuff right away. (generally I would prefer to fly out of CGN but that's another topic)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.