Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More

Lufthansa Express AirRail procedures [merged]

Lufthansa Express AirRail procedures [merged]

Old Jul 15, 22, 3:00 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by 8420PR View Post
Is the AirRail terminal baggage collection back up and running now? Last time I used it in March 2022 baggage had to be collected as normal from the normal baggage belt, and the AirRail terminal was closed.
Unfortunately it is but it takes ages until your baggage arrives there. I prefer normal baggage belt nowadays
Old Jul 15, 22, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Arnur View Post
She should get the boarding pass for the railway sector on check-in at IAD, but she could also get it online, at one of the check-in machines at FRA or even at the AirRail check-in. The luggage should indeed been tagged to XIT and then can be collected at the AirRail terminal. This is much preferable to having it tagged to FRA as (a) there's no need to carry it to the railway station and (b) the bag will be considered transit luggage, which has priority over luggage arriving at FRA. Some people have reported waiting for hours at the belt in FRA recently.. If she misses the train, she would need to get re-booked on another codeshared train (or flight to LEJ), she cannot use the 'old' boarding pass (which will come with a seat assignment) on another train. This can be done at the AirRail terminal as well.
Thank you very much, this is really helpful information. If she misses that 9:02 am train, she'd likely have to get rebooked on another code-shared train to XIT (they seem to be running every two hours) as LH appears to have cancelled (or least zeroed out inventory for) all FRA-LEJ flights that day except the late evening one at 10:15 pm.
Arnur likes this.
Old Jul 15, 22, 8:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by 8420PR View Post
Is the AirRail terminal baggage collection back up and running now? Last time I used it in March 2022 baggage had to be collected as normal from the normal baggage belt, and the AirRail terminal was closed.
It certainly looked like it was up and running when I walked by yesterday evening. I did not use it though as I was on a codeshare flight.
Old Jul 31, 22, 4:26 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Quick question.
Ive just been rebooked FRA-STR via train. Ive been assigned seat 480F on the train but I cant find a seat map anywhere that shows this seat. The seat map on DBS website shows carriage numbers and then seat numbers in each carriage e.g. carriage 4 seat 76, but no seats anywhere with letters. Can anyone explain? Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 22, 6:13 am

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mrdisco View Post
Quick question.
I’ve just been rebooked FRA-STR via train. I’ve been assigned seat 480F on the train but I can’t find a seat map anywhere that shows this seat. The seat map on DBS website shows carriage numbers and then seat numbers in each carriage e.g. carriage 4 seat 76, but no seats anywhere with letters. Can anyone explain? Thanks!
There are indeed no seats with letters on DB trains, the format is always the carriage number plus the seat number. I find that often LH partner airlines do not properly recognize DB seat assignments for the AirRail service, on my last flight, the boarding pass issued by ET for the AirRail segment even said "Open Seating". In that case, just check-in again with LH (online or at one of the check-in kiosks in Frankfurt). The LH boarding pass will then have the proper seat assignment for the train.
Old Aug 8, 22, 2:25 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Has anyone ever had trouble booking Lufthansa Express Rail connections online? Google Flights and the Service Center confirm that a 6:21am departure on 9-Jan-23 from QDU-SFO arriving 12:30pm is available; however, this option is nowhere to be seen online. I would book through the Service Center, but their fares are higher than whats published online.

As a quick aside, has anyone seen how miles accrue through UA MileagePlus now that DB has joined *A? Is it the same as a partner flight (miles * fare class / 5)? Not sure how Lufthansa calculates and reports miles in this case.

Thanks much!

Search this Thread