LH increases[/reduces] fuel surcharge

Reply

Old May 10, 08, 2:32 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: A Sight For Roll Eyes
Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Posts: 5,461
Surprise - surpsise...

OK, who didn't expect that one!

After BA (February 2008), JL (April 2008) and AF (April 2008) among others we knew it was coming...

Well, the AF guys even had the nerve to promise to lift it just as soon as the price per barrel settles "sustainably" below USD95! Makes LH marketing guys pale in comparison with their AF counterparts
andre1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 08, 4:03 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 2,865
I find these surchages a joke - they are around for years now and at some point in time LH just has to incorporate those into the airfares.

SMK77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 08, 9:57 am
  #63  
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SZG, Austria
Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Posts: 33,194
I can´t believe it, but OS had not announced until yet to increase the fuel surcharge. Maybe the new investor pays with kerosine ?
szg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 08, 9:32 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,735
OK, my TA (smart and efficient that he is! ), even *after* providing him with Oliver's post about the impending increases on 14 May, never issued our tickets in time!

So I told him to hold off, as our time limit for 4 tix, India-US-multi, etc. was until around the end of May, and that's when my credit card cycles again.

So, he is now telling me that Emirates increased theirs today, 15 May 2008, and that LH would be next.

However, LH advised me yesterday that they issue these warnings *in advance* to TA's, as Oliver2002 provided in the thread, so what chance is there of a non-advised increase by LH?

TIA!
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 08, 9:51 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MAA
Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Posts: 2,798
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
So, he is now telling me that Emirates increased theirs today, 15 May 2008, and that LH would be next.

However, LH advised me yesterday that they issue these warnings *in advance* to TA's, as Oliver2002 provided in the thread, so what chance is there of a non-advised increase by LH? TIA!
Either your TA is shitting you, or his company's of the sort that gets tons of price notifications etc etc from airlines, just files them away and then quotes whatever they find in the system when you book it. For them at least, issuing tickets as late as they can, having taken your money well in advance, simply means that they can settle with LH much later.

That's one reason I prefer to book directly with the airline these days, except in cases where there are multiple airlines involved, and that I cant get the airline to ticket [and where schedules are a bit too tight for me to risk getting 2 separate tickets and no protection against misconnects]
hserus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 08, 10:00 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,735
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Either your TA is shitting you, or his company's of the sort that gets tons of price notifications etc etc from airlines, just files them away and then quotes whatever they find in the system when you book it. For them at least, issuing tickets as late as they can, having taken your money well in advance, simply means that they can settle with LH much later.

That's one reason I prefer to book directly with the airline these days, except in cases where there are multiple airlines involved, and that I cant get the airline to ticket [and where schedules are a bit too tight for me to risk getting 2 separate tickets and no protection against misconnects]
Actually, I insist on booking through LH, as he is a sub-agent and the IATA books it directly through LH, then we also do not have to pay an extra cc fee. (But we do not get any rebate either)

I do this is to get double miles on *A carriers with my US card, the same which also charges 3% for foreign transactions...

He is not deceptive enough or smart enough to do the above, so this is both good and bad, respectively!
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 08, 7:21 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Cleveland
Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Posts: 5,054
Trying to get a head of steam to deal with the high cost and lack of accountability and transparency of fuel surcharges on award tickets. Please
consider posting to let Randy Petersen know the seriousness of this issue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807578
beaubo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 08, 4:54 am
  #68  
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SZG, Austria
Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Posts: 33,194
Once again, LH is increasing the fuel surcharge for tickets, which are issued from the 16th June 2008.

Domestic and intra European +3 EUR => 24 EUR
Long Haul +10 EUR => 92 EUR
szg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 08, 1:36 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,915
LH is raising their Fuel Charge on Monday...

... so should you be planning any LH travel you might want to book before and ticket before then.

Regards Alexandra
moeve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 08, 1:40 am
  #70  
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SZG, Austria
Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Posts: 33,194
Originally Posted by moeve View Post
... so should you be planning any LH travel you might want to book before and ticket before then.

Regards Alexandra
Was already posted yesterday here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=52
szg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 08, 4:09 am
  #71  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Posts: 14,498
4 x BKK Z fares issued today ...
Rambuster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 08, 4:17 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: MUC (home), DUS (office), XXX (customer)
Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
4 x BKK Z fares issued today ...
HON HON HON HON HON HON
supermasterphil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 08, 4:23 am
  #73  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SZG
Posts: 3,936
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
4 x BKK Z fares issued today ...
BKK ex where?
sentom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 08, 5:43 am
  #74  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,915
oops I missed that but it does seem like many have taken the tip because we saw flights for a trip to Barcelona go up € 30,- per person in a time frame of 5 minutes
moeve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 08, 6:09 am
  #75  
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SZG, Austria
Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Posts: 33,194
Originally Posted by moeve View Post
oops I missed that but it does seem like many have taken the tip because we saw flights for a trip to Barcelona go up € 30,- per person in a time frame of 5 minutes
The fuel surcharge on domestic German and intra-European routes will increase by 3 euros to 24 euros per flight segment. On long-haul routes the corresponding fuel surcharge will be raised by 10 euros to 92 euros per flight segment.

How can a flight to Barcelona raised up by 30 EUR
szg is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread