FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH increases[/reduces] fuel surcharge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/739729-lh-increases-reduces-fuel-surcharge.html)

andre1970 May 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Surprise - surpsise...

OK, who didn't expect that one! :rolleyes:

After BA (February 2008), JL (April 2008) and AF (April 2008) among others we knew it was coming...

Well, the AF guys even had the nerve to promise to lift it just as soon as the price per barrel settles "sustainably" below USD95! :D Makes LH marketing guys pale in comparison with their AF counterparts :rolleyes:

SMK77 May 11, 2008 4:03 am

I find these surchages a joke - they are around for years now and at some point in time LH just has to incorporate those into the airfares.

:td::td::td:

szg May 11, 2008 9:57 am

I can´t believe it, but OS had not announced until yet to increase the fuel surcharge. Maybe the new investor pays with kerosine ? :)

SuperFlyBoy May 14, 2008 9:32 pm

OK, my TA (smart and efficient that he is! :mad: ), even *after* providing him with Oliver's post about the impending increases on 14 May, never issued our tickets in time!

So I told him to hold off, as our time limit for 4 tix, India-US-multi, etc. was until around the end of May, and that's when my credit card cycles again.

So, he is now telling me that Emirates increased theirs today, 15 May 2008, and that LH would be next.

However, LH advised me yesterday that they issue these warnings *in advance* to TA's, as Oliver2002 provided in the thread, so what chance is there of a non-advised increase by LH?

TIA!

hserus May 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 9727252)
So, he is now telling me that Emirates increased theirs today, 15 May 2008, and that LH would be next.

However, LH advised me yesterday that they issue these warnings *in advance* to TA's, as Oliver2002 provided in the thread, so what chance is there of a non-advised increase by LH? TIA!

Either your TA is shitting you, or his company's of the sort that gets tons of price notifications etc etc from airlines, just files them away and then quotes whatever they find in the system when you book it. For them at least, issuing tickets as late as they can, having taken your money well in advance, simply means that they can settle with LH much later.

That's one reason I prefer to book directly with the airline these days, except in cases where there are multiple airlines involved, and that I cant get the airline to ticket [and where schedules are a bit too tight for me to risk getting 2 separate tickets and no protection against misconnects]

SuperFlyBoy May 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 9727328)
Either your TA is shitting you, or his company's of the sort that gets tons of price notifications etc etc from airlines, just files them away and then quotes whatever they find in the system when you book it. For them at least, issuing tickets as late as they can, having taken your money well in advance, simply means that they can settle with LH much later.

That's one reason I prefer to book directly with the airline these days, except in cases where there are multiple airlines involved, and that I cant get the airline to ticket [and where schedules are a bit too tight for me to risk getting 2 separate tickets and no protection against misconnects]

Actually, I insist on booking through LH, as he is a sub-agent and the IATA books it directly through LH, then we also do not have to pay an extra cc fee. (But we do not get any rebate either)

I do this is to get double miles on *A carriers with my US card, the same which also charges 3% for foreign transactions...

He is not deceptive enough or smart enough to do the above, so this is both good and bad, respectively!

beaubo May 19, 2008 7:21 am

Trying to get a head of steam to deal with the high cost and lack of accountability and transparency of fuel surcharges on award tickets. Please
consider posting to let Randy Petersen know the seriousness of this issue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807578

szg Jun 11, 2008 4:54 am

Once again, LH is increasing the fuel surcharge for tickets, which are issued from the 16th June 2008.

Domestic and intra European +3 EUR => 24 EUR
Long Haul +10 EUR => 92 EUR

moeve Jun 12, 2008 1:36 am

LH is raising their Fuel Charge on Monday...

... so should you be planning any LH travel you might want to book before and ticket before then.

Regards Alexandra

szg Jun 12, 2008 1:40 am

Originally Posted by moeve (Post 9865509)
... so should you be planning any LH travel you might want to book before and ticket before then.

Regards Alexandra

Was already posted yesterday here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=52

Rambuster Jun 12, 2008 4:09 am

4 x BKK Z fares issued today ...

supermasterphil Jun 12, 2008 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 9865756)

HON HON HON HON HON HON :D ;)

sentom Jun 12, 2008 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 9865756)

BKK ex where?

moeve Jun 12, 2008 5:43 am

oops I missed that but it does seem like many have taken the tip because we saw flights for a trip to Barcelona go up € 30,- per person in a time frame of 5 minutes

szg Jun 12, 2008 6:09 am

Originally Posted by moeve (Post 9865926)
oops I missed that but it does seem like many have taken the tip because we saw flights for a trip to Barcelona go up € 30,- per person in a time frame of 5 minutes

The fuel surcharge on domestic German and intra-European routes will increase by 3 euros to 24 euros per flight segment. On long-haul routes the corresponding fuel surcharge will be raised by 10 euros to 92 euros per flight segment.

How can a flight to Barcelona raised up by 30 EUR :confused: