Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by andre1970
And Z, please, for me! And a couple of occasional Y's and some dirt cheap intra-EU booked in E. Oh, and the FRA-JFKs to count for triple HON miles!
I think HON should be a real "honorary" level not linked to any $$$ spending. Hence, it should only be awarded to folks who clock 300,000 annual BIS miles in award O on LH metal. The miles for these awards need to be aquired through non-flying activity, proving that you are a really loyal M&M heavy user.

Additionally, HON should be awarded to everybody living in postal code 83126.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I can confirm that you can have a nice life without a HON card in your wallet.

... quality of life increases with every mile not flown...
Stop being reasonable! You are a disgrace for this forum!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
I bet most (95%) of the HON mileage millionaires (in 2 years) do not pay for their flights themselves!
So what is the bet ???

How often are we gong to flogg this horse - there can not be much left of it as this argument seems to find its return over and over.

WHO CARES who pays - whether it is the "HON" himself or someone who deems it worthwhile paying for the tickets for the "HON" - it is just irrelevant other than that it involves some serious BIS - maybe pampered but still quite some amount of flying.

I would venture to say that there are only a limited number = % of the HON that have achieved it trough mileage runs - which is the underlying argument of your statement - the true road wariors etc etc .. Give me a break - that argument is simply stale - flying a lot is sometimes nothing other than means to do a job - but it certainly not the priviledge / perk that some posters want to see in it.

Actually I would bet most HON pay for their flights either directly for the ticket - or indirectly as their performance bonus is diminished by the chunk their flying takes out of their bottom line ...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
poorists...status miles are not everything.
I met two people today at lunch who do not have a single mile...but several billion Euro...
money is not everything either - but most likely better to have than status miles. But the principle of envy works the same way in a wider sense...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Thank you andre1970!
And Z, please, for me! And a couple of occasional Y's and some dirt cheap intra-EU booked in E. Oh, and the FRA-JFKs to count for triple HON miles!

Pleeeaaaase?
I wasn't alluding to my or your pattern. But as you and TFM stated that this thread (or threat) is entirely about marking one's own claim, I reckon that RTW must have meant those three fare classes .

If it was for me ... yes, please include flying E,T,W,Z, award classes, and anything *A or QF ...
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SenAOI
..So the status mileage millionairs are feeling some kind of molested by those "poorists".
Salve Luigi
Purists complaining about 'poorists' .. now if that's not purism ...
Originally Posted by flysurfer
..The miles for these awards need to be aquired through non-flying activity, proving that you are a really loyal M&M heavy user.

You are a worthy successor of FJS - never be afraid or ashamed to ask for privileges and trinkets for your court, your disciples, or yourself . Actually they shoud rename MUC FJS to MUC TFM, I reckon.

FT poll anyone?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:09 pm

I think HON should be a real "honorary" level not linked to any $$$ spending. Hence, it should only be awarded to folks who clock 300,000 annual BIS miles in award O on LH metal. The miles for these awards need to be aquired through non-flying activity, proving that you are a really loyal M&M heavy user.

Meaning you have found a way to reduce the HON sample to 1 - namely yourself - I guess LH could reProgamme / Relaunch it as TFM instead....

Cheers

Thomas

Last edited by tcswede; Sep 6, 2007 at 3:18 pm
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcswede
Meaning you have found a way to reduce the HON sample to 1 - namely yourself - I guess LH could reProgamme / Relaunch it as TFM instead....
Hey, I'd still invite guests...
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drleyes:
Originally Posted by SenAOI
And there is another interesting thing, a very nice PA told me a couple of days ago: There indeed are HONs who really are complaing about those who are just doing a little more than 600.000.
A ridiculous argument... Later there will be those who complain about the others making just a bit more than 750K. And later....

...But where does this operetta end? Well, down the line, there are only 2 guys left, and one is complaining about the other! That guy will be the MonoHONist!^
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...But where does this operetta end? Well, down the line, there are only 2 guys left, and one is complaining about the other! That guy will be the MonoHONist!^
As long as everybody complains about me, I know I'm doing something right.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold

Well count me in as well I'd go for this HON status for sure

Let's see. I'll watch this movie BTW which of the two do you mean is the MonoHONist
Old Sep 6, 2007, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by totti
Well count me in as well I'd go for this HON status for sure
I've got a room for rent at 83126.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Let's see: 50K p.a. on FRA-SFO in C is 9 roundtrips (each ~5'600 )
  • ends up with 230'238 HON miles as a SEN
  • ends up with 255'834 HON miles as a HON
D fare even allows for 2 more flights (+ 22%), so earns 22% more HON miles.

So, how did you manage to end up with 150K miles only? Flying just to Japan, which is the most expensive route?
As I told Luigi - no one who is regularly flying is paying the published rates.
FRA-SFO in C for any big cooperation is 4.000 EUR minus taxes is 3.850 EUR.

To make it HON you need to clock 60.000 EUR - that is 16 flights or about 410.000 miles.

The current cityhopper pays 400 EUR for FRA-LHR in C and makes HON after 120 flights (revenue after tax is 300 EUR x 100 = 36.000 EUR) - HON treatment means 120 limo services at FRA which narrows down the 36K to 30.000 EUR.

I dont have an issue giving HON to the above long haul traveller (although he clocked only 410.000 miles) and taking it from the cityhopper (who clocked 600.000 miles but does only generate half the revenue).

To increase the number of posts - same applies to SEN. Generate 12.000 EUR revenue or get lost... :-)
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
A lot of posts here are hung up on milage - please keep in mind that the 5.000 miles for European C is an artifical and random value. LH should award only miles flown (as e.g. NH does). That would help to get rid of some cheapo HONs... Plus it would easily bypass the IT problem (and I am sure weero agrees to that).

Plus the LH world become a much better place in terms of equality and fairness as I dont see any reason why someone connecting intra-Germany and paying (taxes excluded) the same price as someone flying out of FRA-SFO flyer needs to buy only four tickets to make SEN while the later needs five...

I am of the opinion that loyal customers should get upgraded if availability is given. 50.000-miles-voucher are a nice way to do so without giving up the very much appreciated Op-Ups-Only rule... (To be introduced after minimum milage is gone of course ).
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
As I told Luigi - no one who is regularly flying is paying the published rates.

same applies to SEN. Generate 12.000 EUR revenue or get lost... :-)
OK, I always spent more than EUR 12.000 annually (on LH metal, that is), and I always renewed SEN (mostly on LH metal), sometimes along with 1K (also on LH metal). I guess this made me "one who is flying regularly", right? Strangely enough, nobody ever offered me any kind of discount, not even in the form of relaxed fare rules.

Hence, about than a year ago, I approached my regional sales office in LAX and asked for a discounted fare (or relaxed fare rules) for my frequent LAX-MUC trips on LH. If granted, I'd have increased my travel and most likely made HON within 2 years.

They kindly laughed at me.

I kindly laughed back, stopped all my ticket payments and began to fly exclusively on awards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.