Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

HON "enhancements" getting closer [HON bonus reduced from 50% to 25%] [merged]

Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Are they going to simultaneously provide extra benefits for non-european HONs?
Who knows, maybe the 750,000 threshold is only for customers living in Germany. Similar to SEN, where the threshold is higher for German customers than for those living in other countries. Then I'd mind less (I am Swiss-based)
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
600k in 2 years was achievable: 1 return C class intra Europe per week (FRA-LHR-FRA) will net over 250k per year alone plus a couple of C longhauls and you're there .... 750k will be more of a challenge.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
This is not a surprise...however, what will the additional benefits be for the 750,000 mile Ueberflieger?
Just raising the bar to manage capacity constraints and maintain service levels is a typical LH enhancement.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
This is not a surprise...however, what will the additional benefits be for the 750,000 mile Ueberflieger?
Just raising the bar to manage capacity constraints and maintain service levels is a typical LH enhancement.
Hopefully they don't do what SQ did earlier in the year - raise the bar and reduce benefits at the same time
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
I see HON+ in the making
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Will make 627 k by mid-december. If in the future 750 k are needed to requalify will move to BA and/or AF. I'm flying mostly intercontinental (N. America, S. America, Asia) and therefore making it with LH become a hardship, due to the fact that BA or AF prices from Germany always beats LH/LX/OS by miles... e.g. you can fly F with BA to SIN from Germany for less than LH/LX/OS would charges you for C... Add to this BA and AF more than decent F class lounge and service for their higher tier FF, they are good options vs LH.

Why try to go the extra-mile and fly LH/LX/OS when they do not care anymore for your small business (only 1,234,000 miles since 1.1.04 with LX/LH/OS).

M&M could only retain those HON who fall between 600 k and 750 k by creating an intermediary status between SEN and HON. Why would you stay with M&M if you make an average of 300 k to 350 k per year and are treated same way than those who make 100 k every 2nd year... Now creating an additional layer of FF means increasing the perks for the reduced # of HON... which is against LH philosopy...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:27 pm

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
That means a increasing number of SEN and consequently a worse SEN service
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
Originally Posted by FelixB
I see HON+ in the making
I rather see HON- or SEN+ in the making
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: LH HON, Qantas Platinum, Amex Centurion
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Glenlivet
Will make 627 k by mid-december. If in the future 750 k are needed to requalify will move to BA and/or AF. I'm flying mostly intercontinental (N. America, S. America, Asia) ....
M&M could only retain those HON who fall between 600 k and 750 k by creating an intermediary status between SEN and HON. Why would you stay with M&M if you make an average of 300 k to 350 k per year and are treated same way than those who make 100 k every 2nd year... Now creating an additional layer of FF means increasing the perks for the reduced # of HON... which is against LH philosopy...
I would also consider to use competition again instead since I also make most of my miles with intercont travel where I can choose between plenty of alternatives. I will have 400k HON-miles by the end of this year so it will be easy to requalify again next year with the current 600k level.
With 750k and given the deterioation of HON service levels already in place, I would consider to play the other game again making 130k every two years - and ending up with a bit less comfort, but a significantly lower bill with Emirates, BA, Thai and SQ.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I guess LH should just consider publishing that they will award HON level to their top 2.500 M&M status miles members (and no more) and just periodically publish the threshold required for this. Then at least everyone knows how the game works and can decide if they want to chase the black dragon !?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:00 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Are they going to simultaneously provide extra benefits for non-european HONs?
I had a chat with Uwe Mueller (LH VP Asia-Pac) about that and the answer was simple: We have too many HONs. Yes, we are thinking about some additional benefits for HONs but no differential treatment for people outside Europe.
I suggested to lower qualification levels for people in places where LH doesn't even fly to as those would only use the FCT etc. less often but he didn't think this was a good idea.

For us down here who are 7-10 hours away from the next HON airline airport this is bad news. There is no incentive for me to fly LH after reaching SEN. And indeed this is what is happening. I shift my flying to other airlines and LH misses out.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
OT, but will this lead to higher SEN qualification requirements being announced at the same time? or did I miss an announcement/rumour on that subject already...?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
he didn't think this was a good idea.
Sure, because every thinking HON would immediately move to his new "office" in Australia.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:02 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This would indeed be the big danger. Everyone who can get their hand on a foreign address would do so. But I don't think he was thinking that far.

Then again, there will be thousands of FTLs with 110k miles in two years who don't make SEN using their German address.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP

Originally Posted by andre1970
Dude...
wow thats a lot flying but all the HONs i met are flying more than that anyway.
one of our fellow FTers does 500K a year so i guess 15% might not make HON again, but the rest will easily reach HON even at 750K.

dp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.