New F class layout [merged]

Old Sep 3, 07, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Question New F class layout [merged]

Hey,

I just checked availability for LH432 (FRA-ORD) on Dec 16th this year....the seat map strangely shows just one row of First Class seats on that A340...any ideas, because I have for sure never seen any layout like it...

cheers
HON_Hunter
Old Sep 3, 07, 3:16 pm

Could be possible during low season. On my F flight from YUL there was the regular two rows in F but that was a couple of weeks ago.
Old Sep 3, 07, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Hrm. Very odd.

New F coming that early (and to the 340's to wit) seems very unlikely. I'd blame a LH error of some kind.

EF shows 1 row in F, but C & Y look "normal".
Old Sep 3, 07, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I've heard about test flights happening in 2007, so it is a possibility.
Recently, I saw a picture of what is supposed to be the new LH F on a 380 (yeah, earth colors and stuff), and it looked indeed quite comfortable. Nothing revolutionary, though, but spacious beds with real matrasses. Then again, you never know what seat LH eventually chooses.
Old Sep 3, 07, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by qasr View Post
Hrm. Very odd.

New F coming that early (and to the 340's to wit) seems very unlikely. I'd blame a LH error of some kind.

EF shows 1 row in F, but C & Y look "normal".
it actually shows only one row in F from nov. 3rd - dec. 23rd.

in the same timeframe it shows max F4 A4 on all LH432 flights, could definitely be some kind of test run, but i hope they are not slashing seats down to 4 on their 333/340/346. would be hard to even get paid seats, let alone awards...
Old Sep 3, 07, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
let alone awards...
Well, there aren't any award seats available on this flight during the period you mentioned. Signs of times to come.
Old Sep 3, 07, 5:24 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
reading the title i was hoping for candid pictures, info etc...
Old Sep 3, 07, 7:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Wasn't ORD the first destination to get the test seats for new C as well?

Does anyone know whether LH will follow the SQ approach and have a different F on the A380 and the rest of the fleet?
Old Sep 3, 07, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
Wasn't ORD the first destination to get the test seats for new C as well?

Does anyone know whether LH will follow the SQ approach and have a different F on the A380 and the rest of the fleet?
yes ORD was a test route for new C.

SQ doesnt have a different F on the A380, same seat, might be more spacious around it but still same seat...
Old Sep 3, 07, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SQ PPS
I would assume that this, unless just some error, has more chances of being a test exception than a norm that LH is establishing because they have reported many times of the increase in F profitability in the last years, there's no way they would cut capacity now!
Old Sep 3, 07, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
SQ doesnt have a different F on the A380, same seat, might be more spacious around it but still same seat...
That is not clear yet. They are calling them "Singapore Airlines Suites" and they have given no indication that they are the same as in the 77W.
Old Sep 3, 07, 10:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by qasr View Post
That is not clear yet. They are calling them "Singapore Airlines Suites" and they have given no indication that they are the same as in the 77W.
Yeap, all eBay auctions for the first flight are not showing any pictures of the new F suites at all... So might be very different from the current new F product (while the old F product is still more than decent...).
Old Sep 4, 07, 2:19 am

Programs: LH/LX
in the same timeframe it shows max F4 A4 on all LH432 flights, could definitely be some kind of test run, but i hope they are not slashing seats down to 4 on their 333/340/346. would be hard to even get paid seats, let alone awards...
Could it be that the F-cabin does not have enough space for 8 new F seats and that they do not want to change the layout of the forward cabin only for the test, therefore only installing 4?

Perhaps, they ordered only 4 prototype seats because of money? time to produce? and for whatever reason they cannot be installed together with the current ones?
Old Sep 4, 07, 2:23 am
Uli

Originally Posted by HON_Hunter View Post
Hey,

I just checked availability for LH432 (FRA-ORD) on Dec 16th this year....the seat map strangely shows just one row of First Class seats on that A340...any ideas, because I have for sure never seen any layout like it...

cheers
HON_Hunter

this is 100% sure the test flight with the new F.
Old Sep 4, 07, 6:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Another spin on this config could be that they will install 8 seats, but are only selling 4 in case there are problems with some of them (and the guys from Rockwell Collins need some space to sit?)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: