Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New F class layout [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Welcome to FT and the M&M forum HON-ExclusiveCGN!

Thanks for your very informative report. That's great news ^

Cheers
totti
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:10 am

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
sounds great - well done

hope to fly it soon
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Welcome to FT HON-ExclusiveCGN

Originally Posted by HON-ExclusiveCGN
..Despite all the rumors about the new First Class on board several aircraft, collected by various members and their "trustworthy reliable sources" - which in the end did turn out to be incorrect - I've flown FRA-DTW-FRA on LH 442..
So you volunteered to fly the new F configuration despite rumours about it? I'd have done that too .. but probably worded differently.
..because the product is top secret and no-one other than crew and First Class Pax are allowed to see it.
Plus the annoying folks who interrogated you and made you fill questionnaires all the time ...
..a person from TNS (a german survey company) approached me. These guys are also in charge of surveys in the F Terminal, that LH does once in a while. She immediately gave me a paper I had to sign, saying that I am not allowed to take pictures of the cabin..
You signed an unnecessary form after you were already aboard and had a seat for sure? What about the FT spirit of demanding compensation for concessions???

But to the serious stuff: what seat topology is it? A suite or coffin, does it have adjustable walls? What type of power outlets are installed? Does it feature and ottoman? Can two people dine together, can they converse when seating next to each other? A sketch or drawing of the seat?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by weero
But to the serious stuff: what seat topology is it? A suite or coffin, does it have adjustable walls? What type of power outlets are installed? Does it feature and ottoman? Can two people dine together, can they converse when seating next to each other? A sketch or drawing of the seat?
easy weero, with your C to F op-up ratio, you will be one of the first ones to try the new seats!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Totally fair questions, fully endorsed here.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:08 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
The crew folds a real white mattress (about 3-4 cm thick) on your seat, you are given a fluffy biiig pillow and a REAL cover?
Sounds like LX (OK, there we get a sleeping bag).

Sounds like weero wants to ask: "Is it as good as LX F?"

If there were not already april-fools in other discussion forums, I would be less sceptical in this moment (but I can confirm that D-AIGZ always made LH442/443 the last days and that there is never > F4 available all the next days).

HON-ExclusiveCGN: What if you had refused to be a guinea pig for the new F or had refused to sign the paper for secrecy? Downgrade?

BTW: Welcome to FT and thank you for your contribution! ^
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
similar to Air France Espace Premier perhaps?

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common...cekedgfndghn.0
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by rorschi
If there were not already april-fools in other discussion forums, I would be less sceptical in this moment (but I can confirm that D-AIGZ always made LH442/443 the last days and that there is never > F4 available all the next days).
seatmap for this flight was also gone most of last week and now shows only row 2 with the usual 1-2-1 configuration
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta Pb Medallion
Talk about a different approach to a roll-out compared to UA. Maybe it will lead to different results as well (in terms of timeliness).
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: HON Circle

(...)
It's more like the current LX F-Class seat, with all it's details Like ottoman etc And yes, people can converse when next to each other.

Furthermore, the room that the seats takes up (I always count windows) is the same as it is with the old one - 4 windows on an A343/333

Power outlets? Hmm...let me think. It had an USB port, a LAN port and an EURO/US power plug.

It has adjustable privacy walls.

Everythings is electronically adjustable. Table, Seat...P2 told me, that even window shades are kinda eletronic on A380.

P.S. Don't know what they do when you refuse to sign the agreement. I think nothing, but in the end, it's their plane. So they can forbid to take pictures on board or so...I doubt that they downgrade you. For sure, you simply would have not been allowed to test the seat, or simply sit on it!

P.P.S. The test seat was totally parallel to the aisle!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:46 pm

It's more like the current LX F-Class seat, with all it's details Like ottoman etc
i will love that seat! ^
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Good to hear that they will keep the number of F seats - at least on the A340.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:45 pm

Thanks for elucidating us HON-ExclusiveCGN

So the overall aera the seat does occupy has not increased notably on the Airbus planes? Is that a valid conclusion?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by sentom
easy weero, with your C to F op-up ratio, you will be one of the first ones to try the new seats!
That's a thing of the past. Weero obly flies cheap Biz class carriers ... that being LX, TG, OZ, FM these days ...
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: HON Circle
Thanks for elucidating us HON-ExclusiveCGN

So the overall aera the seat does occupy has not increased notably on the Airbus planes? Is that a valid conclusion?
yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.