New F class layout [merged]

Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:22 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
http://www.lufthansa-technik.com/app...questednode=55

LH Technik has a number of companies (painting, airframe maint, turbine) in SNN. FRA, MUC and HAM are pretty busy... LH is outsourcing maintainance to the OS/LX shops in VIE & ZRH too.
Thanks for the information, that makes sense to me.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 9:00 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by oliver2002
http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html

select ANAD style report in the output.
THX oliver!! I've been looking for such a site since quite some time already!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am flying to seattle on the 12 April on a A333. I hope the First Class product will be configured to the new layout !!!! crossing my fingers.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 7:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
UA has silently introduced their new F product last year - and after six month only two (!!!) planes have the new product... LH won´t start rolling out the new F before the A380 is delivered to them in summer 2009, I am afraid...
Old Mar 25, 2008, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
UA has silently introduced their new F product last year - and after six month only two (!!!) planes have the new product... LH won´t start rolling out the new F before the A380 is delivered to them in summer 2009, I am afraid...
Maybe it's a Star Alliance thing.. more than 2 years later and AC is still not finished with their refurbishment of Executive First.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: MAM Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, Delta Platinum
Hey guys ...wasn't today the day that the new F was supposed to launch? does anyone have any more info on the product or the whether or not it did launch today?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:27 am

Programs: HON Circle
I tested new F-Class on board

Hi there,

first of all, after all my passive reading, I decided to join FT and share the experience I had last week.

Despite all the rumors about the new First Class on board several aircraft, collected by various members and their "trustworthy reliable sources" - which in the end did turn out to be incorrect - I've flown FRA-DTW-FRA on LH 442 (the early departure) with an A340-300, registration D-AIGZ.

Before the flight, HON-Circle Linie contacted me to ask, whether or not I would be willing to "test" the new seat. Since I had a full fare F ticket, they could not persuade me with an upgrade from C to F for doing that

Anyway, of course I said yes. Once in the Terminal, the PA told me about the "rules" for this flight. All people board and deboard through door no. 2 L, because the product is top secret and no-one other than crew and First Class Pax are allowed to see it. Cabin is limited to 4 passengers only. We were given seats in row no. 2 (A,D,G or K) which had the old seats. This turns out to be only a "back-up", if the new seat breaks down or is unsafe for take off and landing. The crew on board would assign us to the new seats.

When I arrived on board after my S-Class ride, I was greeted by the nice P2 who brought me to my seat. First Class Cabin has 4 new seats, 4 old seats. New seats are in row 1, old seats, as I previously stated, in row 2. (I was given a window seat - I don't give you the exact no. as well as not the exact date of the flight. why? you'll see later )

When I settled down and started exploring the new seat, in the meantime with a glass of bubbly at hand , a person from TNS (a german survey company) approached me. These guys are also in charge of surveys in the F Terminal, that LH does once in a while. She immediately gave me a paper I had to sign, saying that I am not allowed to take pictures of the cabin, nor speak to the press or LH rivals about this new product in detail. Thats the reason why I am so strict about my exact itinerary and so on....

So...how is the new seat? - Simply...great! Of course, it's a test version, so the color scheme wasn't final and they are changing some stuff because of the results of these test flights. Anyway, I LOVE IT. It's a matter of taste, but it's very classy, very comfortable and high quality.

When converted to a bed, you have a lot of space (especially width). The crew folds a real white mattress (about 3-4 cm thick) on your seat, you are given a fluffy biiig pillow and a REAL cover. The test seat has electrically adjustable privacy screens, that sort of make a suite out of the whole thing. Nonetheless the seat feels airy and elegant. Much better that those horrible EK suites, that I don't like at all.

The TV is about twice the size of the one in C-Class and it's gonna become even bigger according to the P2, who was specially instructed (like the FA working in the cabin) about the new seat.

One last thing: LH is gonna keep the lovely First-Class rose There is, again, a vase integrated into the seat - this time made of porcelain

At the end of the flight, and after various detailled interviews conducted by the TNS lady - and one technical fix by a flyalong of the company that produces the seat "CONTOUR", we were given a present (leather ticket holder) with a "thank you" note for taking part in this test.

So, I hope this info was interesting for you. Can't wait to see the seat rolled out on the whole fleet...sadly, tomorrow, I have to travel on the old seat to asia

HON-ExclusiveCGN

P.S. the test continues until 21st of April or so. Only on D-AIGZ and LH 442. So if any you guys travel to DTW on the late flight LH 486...you might consider changing

P.P.S. On the outbound day flight I slept around 4 hours, where I usually never sleep at all. And on the outbound flight I slept around 6 hours!! Felt like my bed at home - now we are talking about comfort. I am a fan

Last edited by HON-ExclusiveCGN; Mar 31, 2008 at 8:44 am
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:36 am

amazing report - thanks HON-ExCGN & welcome to FT!
cheers,
pcf
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Well done, HON-ExclusiveCGN ^

The new F Class - thank god you have posted this before April 1st

HON-ExclusiveCGN, if you look at new F products (like UA and CX) - how close is the new seat to those?

It was said that the Airbus would only have six seats - three per row. Do you have an indication whether they will stick to four seats per row or whether this was only for testing purposes?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: LH
Talking Welcome and thank you

Hi HON-ExclusiveCGN,

welcome to FT and thank you for this report. Where are the pictures?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: too many...
Chumbawumba,

the OP wrote that he was asked to sign a paper not to take pictures...

To the OP: Thank you very much for sharing this! ^

JNBHEL

Originally Posted by chumbawumba
... Where are the pictures?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Thank you for the report, HON-ExclusiveCGN. Your observations are perfectly in line with the information that circled around at the Berlinflyer birthday Do at NYC. It's good news that LH seems to be keeping the 1-2-1 configuration while enhancing the product regarding space, privacy and sleeping comfort.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by HON-ExclusiveCGN
Thanks a bunch HON-ExclusiveCGN^! It's been a while since we last saw a real contribution in this forum!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: HON Circle
@SMK77,

I don't see Airbus having only 3 per row. The configuration on board that particluar A343 was perfect. 1-2-1. Good for couples, good for the average, privacy seeking business traveller.

And regarding your question concerning the CX or UA seat, I would say it's "different". I am personally not a big fan of these seats that are kinda "built into each other" (CX) - if you know what I mean. I like a seat that has it's own space around it. Don't want the feet of the person siting behing me next to my face - well, kind of So LH truly hit my sense of style.

In the end, I personally need a comfy bed, a big table, a nice tv screen and enough privacy without the look of being claustrophobic. The new F has all of that

@Chumbawumba: As stated, I wasn't officially allowed to take pictures. So I didn't. They even collected the Seat Information brochure (that they handed out before take off) right before landing, and locked it away on board - so that catering can't offload it, and the return crew has it again. Really top secret. They also closed the blue curtains to business class while boarding. A thing they usually never do on the ground
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by HON-ExclusiveCGN
@SMK77,

And regarding your question concerning the CX or UA seat, I would say it's "different". I am personally not a big fan of these seats that are kinda "built into each other" (CX) - if you know what I mean. I like a seat that has it's own space around it. Don't want the feet of the person siting behing me next to my face - well, kind of So LH truly hit my sense of style.
well,
can you compare the seat with the new SQ First Class seat? Which airlines seat comes close to it?

thx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.