FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   New FCT Service in the making! [merged F pax pickup in FRA thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/732261-new-fct-service-making-merged-f-pax-pickup-fra-thread.html)

HON_Hunter Sep 3, 2007 2:59 pm

New FCT Service in the making! [merged F pax pickup in FRA thread]

Hey everyone,

leaving FRA via the FCT on Sunday, I chatted with the driver while riding on the tarmac to my flight over the pond. He mentioned that there was a plan to start a new service picking up F-pax from arriving flights (and I am not talking the short transfer ones). He couldn't say when to expect the new service, but I was enlightened to hear they finally consider that there is a serious gap in the services.

I think leaving FRA couldn't be handled better by now, but arriving completely lacks the excellence. For whatever reasons most of the US flights I was on recently, they did arrive at C6 or C5....this pretty much sucks, when you have to walk about 2 mls until you made it to your car being valet parked near the A terminal.

Anyhow, great news if they become reality...^

cheers
HON_Hunter

imverge Sep 3, 2007 3:15 pm

That would be a fantastic enhancement to the F experience at FRA. ^

qasr Sep 3, 2007 3:23 pm

Last month when I talked to them about this option, they said it is HON only because they are restricted on the amount of cars they can have on the tarmac. Apparently by fraport. I hope LH has found a way around that, as a Cayenne from the arriving aircraft to the FCT is much nicer than having to schlep through the terminal and ask for the :van: to the FCT.

hch Sep 3, 2007 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by qasr (Post 8342428)
Last month when I talked to them about this option, they said it is HON only because they are restricted on the amount of cars they can have on the tarmac. Apparently by fraport. I hope LH has found a way around that, as a Cayenne from the arriving aircraft to the FCT is much nicer than having to schlep through the terminal and ask for the :van: to the FCT.

Absolutely. It doesn't even have to be a Porsche, a good old Bus that goes directly to the FCT would do it aswell, and could covert all F passengers and HONs in one go..

19103_aa Sep 3, 2007 4:58 pm

A fabulous rumored enhancement! Let's hope it will emerge! I might switch back to *Alliance for it!

tcswede Sep 4, 2007 3:01 am

Have heard similar - that a lot of PAX avoid FRA and opt to go through MUC nowadays as the connection facilities - meaning car service is much superior especially when connecting domestic / short range intra Europe to Longhaul or vice versa - with non gate coming into the hub - and hence loads have shifted for LH. With the new FCL in MUC ground facilities have been enhanced compared to the HONdehütte - this point becomes even more evident to lure people (others than those originating in FRA) back to FRA.

I certainly have changed my travel pattern when I have a choice to go through MUC rather than FRA - as STR is bound to be miles on bus either from Neu Isenburg end if Eurowings or from Kelsterbach if LH regional - apart that the flight times from STR to FRA is ever increasing - now with some flights at an hour - used to be 40 min in the schedule - ok waaay back.

Cheers

Thomas

wideman Sep 4, 2007 3:50 am

There's a good and a bad side to everything.

While it would certainly be convenient to have a plane-side pick-up going directly to the FCT, that would inevitably result in a LOT more people using the FCT instead of the F/HON lounges.

alfahund Sep 4, 2007 3:52 am

Originally Posted by tcswede (Post 8345019)
I certainly have changed my travel pattern when I have a choice to go through MUC rather than FRA - as STR is bound to be miles on bus either from Neu Isenburg end if Eurowings or from Kelsterbach if LH regional - apart that the flight times from STR to FRA is ever increasing - now with some flights at an hour - used to be 40 min in the schedule - ok waaay back.

Same here. I use ZRH and MUC instead of FRA until they provide at least pickup service for the open stand and ideally from all positions.

SleepOverGreenland Sep 4, 2007 8:19 am

Since FRA is my homebase I have no choice. But for sure this would be a great improvement. In particular, when arriving in Kelsterbach or Neu-Isenburg (Thx tcswede. Used Rüsselsheim so far as acronym for the West-end end of the airport). Well, that would mean they support all incoming flights, not just longhaul.

htb Sep 4, 2007 8:55 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland (Post 8345957)
In particular, when arriving in Kelsterbach or Neu-Isenburg (Thx tcswede. Used Rüsselsheim so far as acronym for the West-end end of the airport).

Since Neu-Isenburg is to the east of the airport that was probably a better choice.

Here is a google map of the area.

HTB.

SleepOverGreenland Sep 4, 2007 9:08 am

Originally Posted by htb (Post 8346123)
Since Neu-Isenburg is to the east of the airport that was probably a better choice.

Here is a google map of the area.

HTB.

Okay, and Kelsterbach after all is to the North. :o

So back to my original choices: Rüsselsheim (West) and Offenbach (East). Well, Neu-Isenburg would do it, too. :p

hch Sep 4, 2007 9:47 am

Originally Posted by tcswede (Post 8345019)

FRA-STR is horrible. I used to fly this almost every week, but the second morning flight has never been less than 30 minutes delayed since it switched to Eurowings with this years summer schedule. I wrote a lengthy complaint with lots of details to LH on this, but haven't got an answer yet. But I'm for sure not flying this route anymore at all until they'll fix it up.

alfahund Sep 4, 2007 11:27 am

Originally Posted by hch (Post 8346405)
FRA-STR is horrible. I used to fly this almost every week, but the second morning flight has never been less than 30 minutes delayed since it switched to Eurowings with this years summer schedule. I wrote a lengthy complaint with lots of details to LH on this, but haven't got an answer yet. But I'm for sure not flying this route anymore at all until they'll fix it up.

Use FRA-ZWS instead, same miles, but gets you directly into town. ;) Alternatively fly FRA-ZRH-STR.

berenike Sep 4, 2007 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by HON_Hunter (Post 8342299)
Hey everyone,

leaving FRA via the FCT on Sunday, I chatted with the driver while riding on the tarmac to my flight over the pond. He mentioned that there was a plan to start a new service picking up F-pax from arriving flights (and I am not talking the short transfer ones). He couldn't say when to expect the new service, but I was enlightened to hear they finally consider that there is a serious gap in the services.

I think leaving FRA couldn't be handled better by now, but arriving completely lacks the excellence. For whatever reasons most of the US flights I was on recently, they did arrive at C6 or C5....this pretty much sucks, when you have to walk about 2 mls until you made it to your car being valet parked near the A terminal.

Anyhow, great news if they become reality...^

cheers
HON_Hunter

I heard this "rumor" already 2005, when HON was introduced. Currently LH is struggling with the few HONs because FRAPORT wouldn't let them have more cars on the apron. I doubt they will be able to move 30-40 First passengers and HONS during peak time from or to their flights or to the lounge depending on the amount of waiting time in the near future.

Christian

tcswede Sep 15, 2007 1:01 am

It seems that the pick up service is set to go live on Nov 1 - or nearby. This will then only be applicable to HON for F - Class there will be something seperately - still in the making.

Cheers

Thomas