Wiki Posts
Search

New FCT Service in the making! [merged F pax pickup in FRA thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:54 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcswede
The car service though is only for HON arriving on an apron position - for any F pax whos plane arrive at an apron position - there will be a seperate bus for transport to arrival side.
bear in mind this refers to the longhaul arrival in F - for any arrival at apron position to connect to F - there will be no pick up service - unless pax is HON.

Cheers

Thomas
Right, because passengers connecting from a flight in C to a flight in F aren't F customers.

Way to go LH!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Ari
Right, because passengers connecting from a flight in C to a flight in F aren't F customers.

Way to go LH!
Correct, they are C pax on the connection flight with some additional benefits over those pax, who origin in FRA. Benefits are usually a ride for free (no extra charge aside taxes) on that connection flight, or sometimes even a reduced total F fare, when comming from somewhere for a F flight. Next benefit is to get more award and status miles, than those flyers paying the most (ex FRA).

The F flight (aka F pax handling) starts in FRA (or MUC) not before, with the exception (next benefit ), that HON/F lounges can be used same day everwhere, where available.

Given all those extra benefits, I really don't know what is wrong.

Last edited by SleepOverGreenland; Oct 31, 2007 at 10:33 am
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Ari

Way to go LH!
Get over it...or make HON. What's your problem?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:29 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ulev
Get over it...or make HON. What's your problem?
They way I read this, if I am paid F from TLV-FRA-ORD and TLV-FRA happens to be two cabin (mind you, there is NO reduction in fare) when the two-cabin TLV-FRA flight arrives to the apron position, I take the bus with everyone while any HON (F/C/Y) gets a pickup.

If you want to offer something extra to HON pax traveling in F, fine. Offering something to HON in Y/C that is not offered to paid-F customers is in poor taste IMHO.

You don't buy/fly on paid-first-class tickets to be treated like a second-class citizen. @:-)

Am I misreading this thread?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
They way I read this, if I am paid F from TLV-FRA-ORD and TLV-FRA happens to be two cabin (mind you, there is NO reduction in fare) when the two-cabin TLV-FRA flight arrives to the apron position, I take the bus with everyone while any HON (F/C/Y) gets a pickup.

If you want to offer something extra to HON pax traveling in F, fine. Offering something to HON in Y/C that is not offered to paid-F customers is in poor taste IMHO.

You don't buy/fly on paid-first-class tickets to be treated like a second-class citizen. @:-)

This is quite funny to read from a US based FT member - considering the stance that most "elite" FFP members on that side of the pond take in lieu of status vs fare - such as when I complained that with paid fare for F I get asked last on UA Intl service for my meal choice because all UA upgraders get asked before me because of status....

The Thread title is incorrect as though the issue relates to the FCT vaguely - this is the benefit tendered for HOn in respect of the enhancement of the exec bonus growing negatively from 50% to 25%.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
Right, you have to take the bus with everyone.

Originally Posted by Ari

In this regard LH actually values its HON customers higher than F passengers. LH opinion seems to differ significantly from yours. Thank god they have learned, that profit doesn't come from one time big shots.

BTW, what other airline can you name that gives its F passengers the service you are claiming?

Does all that come down to simple envy, because a status like HON cannot be bought that easily?

Like I said before: Get over it.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ari

There are many services that HON (even if in Y) passengers get which F don't; eg in your example of TLV, there is a special checkin desk for HON only, there is a kerbside greeting service to expedite all queues all the way to lounge, there is VIP pickup from plane on landing (meet and greet). Similar to how in US, just BUYING first class doesn't even give you lounge access - Lufthansa wants to reward their most loyal customers accordingly...
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:57 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by 2035
There are many services that HON (even if in Y) passengers get which F don't; eg in your example of TLV, there is a special checkin desk for HON only, there is a kerbside greeting service to expedite all queues all the way to lounge, there is VIP pickup from plane on landing (meet and greet). Similar to how in US, just BUYING first class doesn't even give you lounge access - Lufthansa wants to reward their most loyal customers accordingly...
But in terms of cash for LH, surely multiple single-time F pax can be as lucrative as a single HON who never flies F. If they provided an HON-equivalent service to their paying F pax, maybe they would attract more paying F pax, and their accountants would be even happier. It does not have to be a competition between HON and F, it can be win-win.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:53 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcswede
This is quite funny to read from a US based FT member - considering the stance that most "elite" FFP members on that side of the pond take in lieu of status vs fare - such as when I complained that with paid fare for F I get asked last on UA Intl service for my meal choice because all UA upgraders get asked before me because of status....
If you bother to read any of my posts on the UA board, you will see that I do not support that UA policy because it is stupid. UA treats elites better than paid premium-class travelers and I constantly bash that attitue of UA.

But since I'm a US-based FT'er, I'm not allowed to think for myself.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:54 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redshift27
But in terms of cash for LH, surely multiple single-time F pax can be as lucrative as a single HON who never flies F. If they provided an HON-equivalent service to their paying F pax, maybe they would attract more paying F pax, and their accountants would be even happier. It does not have to be a competition between HON and F, it can be win-win.
@:-)@:-)

Some just don't see it that way . . .
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:00 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2035
Having status in the on US/UA does not give you lounge access.

In fact, if you (with LH*G) fly on any ticket in the US, you will get lounge access. If I fly as a 1K on UA, I still have to buy lounge access seperately.
Lounge access is simply a different market in the US than it is outside of the US.

I don't care about/need those extra services. I don't think it is too much to ask not to ride the bus when an apron position is involved and I'm on a paid-F ticket.

Also, note that TG/SQ offer the services you described above to F pax.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:05 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=ulev;8654071]Right, you have to take the bus with everyone.

In this regard LH actually values its HON customers higher than F passengers. LH opinion seems to differ significantly from yours. Thank god they have learned, that profit doesn't come from one time big shots.
I don't consider routinely flying LH F over other carriers to be "one-time". LH cannot survive on HON's alone.

BTW, what other airline can you name that gives its F passengers the service you are claiming?
I'm not "claiming" any service. But, Qatar Airways. TG gives the equivalent. I'm sure there are others.

Does all that come down to simple envy, because a status like HON cannot be bought that easily? Like I said before: Get over it.
That is exactly the type of attitude that will find my $$ on a different carrier. Why buy F when I can buy C and upgrade if I get the same service?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Correct, they are C pax on the connection flight with some additional benefits over those pax, who origin in FRA. Benefits are usually a ride for free (no extra charge aside taxes) on that connection flight, or sometimes even a reduced total F fare, when comming from somewhere for a F flight. Next benefit is to get more award and status miles, than those flyers paying the most (ex FRA).

The F flight (aka F pax handling) starts in FRA (or MUC) not before, with the exception (next benefit ), that HON/F lounges can be used same day everwhere, where available.

Given all those extra benefits, I really don't know what is wrong.
I don't understand your logic. If I am putting down 15.000 USD to fly from MUC to NRT in F then I don't want to be ignored by LH staff just because I haven't boarded my F flight yet. I cannot fly from DUS in F, so I have to fly in C.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by redshift27
But in terms of cash for LH, surely multiple single-time F pax can be as lucrative as a single HON who never flies F.
Show me a HON, who never flies F.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
I don't understand your logic. If I am putting down 15.000 USD to fly from MUC to NRT in F then I don't want to be ignored by LH staff just because I haven't boarded my F flight yet. I cannot fly from DUS in F, so I have to fly in C.
The 15.000 USD is exact the same price for a FRA-NRT. This longhaul flight drives the fare, not the connection. Your shuttle from MUC or DUS into FRA is a free ride for your convenience, since you don't have to bother, how to reach that longhaul flight in F otherwise. If I pay the 15.000 USD starting in FRA, I don't get a free car ride either somewhere. I have to take care myself, how to reach that flight/airport. So what you buy is a F flight from FRA-NRT for 15.000 USD and LH benefits you with a free connection ride plus additional miles on the conneciton. The service you are requesting is a HON benefit and IMHO, LH should keep some HON benefits over normal pax. Otherwise the HON status makes no sense.

And for the records: Aside a few vacation trips on award miles I'm flying just paid F and C, even as a HON. But I expect a somewhat better treatment over regular pax for the loyality I give to the airline by always flying with them (and reaching the status then).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.