Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Old Jul 23, 2007, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Should be around 1800 Euro all in Business or about 1400 Euro if the ZRH - DUS - ZRH leg is in Eco. Building the schedule should be the real art.
Any of the DUS based FTers fancy going on a Mileage Run together ?

...Actually I plan to do my LH SEN requalification in January next year to be good until 02/2012... I am now looking at an ex-NRT CRWSTAR1 fare (just under 4000) and to include plenty of LH Business segements in Europe (FRA/MUC/ZRG/VIE,etc)... This CRW is actually needed for business ^
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:11 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Thomas_B
MUC-ZRH-LJU goes for 50 EUR/1000 HON-Miles which isn't too bad either considering that you can save two legs.
Yes, same for MUC-ZRH-...
MAD, BCN, NCE, CDG, DUB, MAN, BHX, BRU, AMS, LUX, CPH, ARN, WAW, PRG, MXP, FCO, VCE, VIE, BUD, LJU, ZAG

(either in J for 500-600€ and/or in V/W for about 200-220€).

And keep in mind the RTF-offers ex-Germany in S-Class.

Edit: I guessed that this post will appear at the bottom of page 1 in this thread...
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:06 pm

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I would love to join the trip from MUC with staying over night either in DUS or ZRH, preferred DUS, 28th to 31st Aug would fit for me - in case booking classes ZSWISSDE are availible where possible.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Yes, I am interested to do that, later in the "eventual double promo season", October or November.

I have to get completely DUS based first

Originally Posted by muc_flyer
I would love to join the trip from MUC with staying over night either in DUS or ZRH, preferred DUS, 28th to 31st Aug would fit for me - in case booking classes ZSWISSDE are availible where possible.
Let's us know and we "DUS based" FTers could meet for drinks...
Old Jul 23, 2007, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I am at the DUS Airport Sheraton next Sunday night and can probably be found at the bar courting a cold Paulaner!
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:34 pm

I am at the DUS Airport Sheraton next Sunday night and can probably be found at the bar courting a cold Paulaner!
I guess you had a Paulaner already, I mean tonight. He is talking about August Enjoy, that's an excellent choice ^
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:42 am

A real Hon Run is done best in the Upper-Deck of a lufthansa 747. It does not consume as much time as the intra-european flights with swiss and the cost per mile is cheaper if you are ready to fly around for days and nights. And international First Class is always better than european business.....
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by asbar
A real Hon Run is done best in the Upper-Deck of a lufthansa 747. It does not consume as much time as the intra-european flights with swiss and the cost per mile is cheaper if you are ready to fly around for days and nights. And international First Class is always better than european business.....
if you would be so kind to let us all know where to book an international F trip for 600-800 EUR, i gladly book it! thanks!

Last edited by sentom; Jul 24, 2007 at 7:45 am
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:35 am

not everybody needs to close the "small" gap of 50.000 miles to qualify/re qualify, some just need around 10.000

i also think that's it more fun to hop around a little bit than just getting on the plane, sit there for 12 hours, get to a hotel and fly back the next day, sit for another 12 hours...
Old Jul 24, 2007, 8:48 am

Programs: LH HON, IC RA
i agree with asbar. doing a run in my opinion is much nicer on an intercontinental flight in Z or D as such a trip with e.g. 10 short-haul flights on a weekend. of course it cost a little bit more but you combine a milage run with a short vacation trip to a place you like to go to and not spending the whole time on different airports.
got a biz-class flight (was a business-trip not a run) MUC-FRA-KUL in D. costs: around 3.300 (was in march) and incl. exc. bonus 31.646 miles. not really the best ratio comparing a real run, but much nicer.

should i need a run, i would look for discounted biz-fares like last year LUX-ZRH-NRT on LX.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Bruchpilot
of course it cost a little bit more but you combine a milage run with a short vacation trip to a place you like to go to and not spending the whole time on different airports.
6k+ EUR compared to under 1-2k EUR, is hardly "a little" more. and as pointed out by supermasterphil, not everyone needs 30-40k miles...
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:39 am

another factor is time: 1 day vs. at least 3 days
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
i also think that's it more fun to hop around a little bit than just getting on the plane, sit there for 12 hours, get to a hotel and fly back the next day, sit for another 12 hours...
Totally agree - I can make most out of it by combining visits to people in VIE, ZRH and DUS which makes it far more attractive to me than an interconti flight purely for the sake of miles!

Let's us know and we "DUS based" FTers could meet for drinks...
For sure, supermaster - I will sort out ticketing over the next days and let you know

Great place - wrong time - at least for me... (what about a month later?)

Last edited by muc_flyer; Jul 24, 2007 at 11:29 am
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
DUS - ZRH - CDG - ZRH - DUS
This is currently driving me crazy - since I come that day already via ZRH from VIE, I will arrive at CDG at 17.55 but departure towards ZRH would be 40 min later.

Now ticketing is not possible because of a required MCT of 45min (SEN service told me so). Any chance to overcome these 5 missing min?

Cheers
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Being registered for the double status miles promo, you get even more status miles....

All we need to find out is, if the promotion works for all of us, even the not targeted customers...

....any news on that, Phil?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.