Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
My home bias led me to discover that HEL is a surprisingly decent hub for mileage runs, probably because it's dominated by AY and *A airlines are a minority there. If you have a weekend to kill, you could do something like:

ZRH-FRA/MUC-HEL-FRA/MUC-ZRH in booking class D for 900 CHF and 10k miles (alternatively and time permitting, add another domestic German leg in between for 12k miles for 1000 CHF). Fly out on Friday, return Sunday.
HEL-FRA/MUC-WAW-FRA/MUC-HEL in booking class D for 630 EUR and 10k miles. Fly out on Saturday, return either same day or on Sunday. Spend night at the Warsaw airport hotel for cheap Starriott night credits.

20k miles for around 1600 CHF, and you spend the weekend mostly stuffing yourself with food and alcohol in lounges and planes.

Last edited by BlueNordicSky; May 2, 2019 at 7:03 am Reason: Corrected typos in itinerary
Old May 2, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
That sounds miserable. At some point all these legs just isn't worth the time. I'd sacrifice "efficiency and value" for being able to sleep more in my own bed.
hugolover and GalaxyChris like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:11 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I mean if somebody has the time and money I don't see why not. Obviously 3 up to 6 legs a day are brutal, even more so if it's through the night, but it's definetly doable. And tbh if I had all the money in the world I'd actually maybe also do some weekend trips like that and get HON on the side. But for me it's just not worth it currently. Reaching *G as a student with no work related flying is a challenge already :P
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
That sounds miserable. At some point all these legs just isn't worth the time. I'd sacrifice "efficiency and value" for being able to sleep more in my own bed.
I agree but at least HON lounges have great food!

Imagine doing it for BArb status so you can enjoy more of her stodge. If my BArb sweet temptation doesn't have condensation on it from when it was defrosted, it won't pass my lips! BArb can't even fry a chip in her "Concorde Lounge". The Morrison's Cafe can manage that and none of it is off the Brakes van...

BA GGL is a world apart from HON. If it was as easy, this forum would have a lot more traffic.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Gold;
Ideas for Status Run 2 weekends in July

Hello wise ones,

I'm looking for a business class status run either for Saturday July 20th - Sunday July 21st or Friday July 26th - Sunday July 28th. Starting ex LHR first weekend or VIE second. Any ideas and suggestions much appreciated - I want to reach FT before long haul trifts in August. Current status 15,000. Thank you!!
Old May 23, 2019, 8:49 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Have you tried using Google Flights' "Explore" mode using Star Alliance Airlines (or LH/LX/OS/LO/OU) as a filter?

If you need 20k status miles you are looking at 2 connection itins, such as LHR-MUC-ZRH-BCN (no idea regarding the price of this one) since a single connection itin will only yield 8k status miles r/t in the best case (booking class D or higher) vs. 12k on a 2 connection itin, with both stops being in different countries.
Knightsbridge likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many segments are you on?
Old May 23, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Gold;
10 segments currently.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Shopping Weekend in SP for flynatics:
AMS-FRA/ZRH-GRU vv €1500 in business P
CDG-FRA/ZRH-GRU vv €3400 in first (if you want to maximize, you can include an additional leg, e.g., CDG-FRA-ZRH-GRU)
plus cheap feeders in eco to AMS or CDG, respectively
Old May 25, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Silver
Quick question here about requalification.
Holding LH SEN up to 02/21 currently.
If I requalifiy within this year, will my status be extended up to 02/22 or 02/23?
Plus, if I don't qualify - will there be a soft landing to FTL (for 1 or 2 years?) or will it be all the way down to blue card?
Old May 25, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by LH600
Quick question here about requalification.
Holding LH SEN up to 02/21 currently.
If I requalifiy within this year, will my status be extended up to 02/22 or 02/23?
Plus, if I don't qualify - will there be a soft landing to FTL (for 1 or 2 years?) or will it be all the way down to blue card?
As I understand it:

Requalification always extends status by two years from when your status would expire. So if your status expires Feb 2021 and you requalify this year, then it will be valid until Feb 2023. 2020 will be a "dead year" for you, where the miles you fly will not help you requalify for SEN, since you have already requalified.

If you don't qualify, then there is a two year soft landing to FTL.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:19 pm

How many miles do you currently earn on M&M if you fly domestic F with UA? I tried looking this up in their website but it seems to be unavailable at the moment (good old 404/500 error).
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmff
How many miles do you currently earn on M&M if you fly domestic F with UA? I tried looking this up in their website but it seems to be unavailable at the moment (good old 404/500 error).
It all depends on the booking class. Since 1 January 2019 the highest UA booking class is J. I expect domestic F earns 200% plus executive bonus = 225% of the distance flown, unless it’s Z or P booking class which can be used for UA F but earns less. Here are relevant charts from UA and M&M websites.
Attached Images   
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It all depends on the booking class. Since 1 January 2019 the highest UA booking class is J. I expect domestic F earns 200% plus executive bonus = 225% of the distance flown, unless it’s Z or P booking class which can be used for UA F but earns less. Here are relevant charts from UA and M&M websites.
Damn, I was hoping some of the inventory still booked in A. Thanks for posting the screenshot!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmff
Damn, I was hoping some of the inventory still booked in A. Thanks for posting the screenshot!
A few years ago I flew 4 segments across the US on UA F (A booking class) and earned nearly 20k status/award miles for under $1,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.