Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Thanks. That seems to be the best I've seen as well. Some other deals I spotted:

1) 2.5k GBP LHR-FRA-DEL. Not bad.
2) FRA-JNB for around 3k GBP. Good in that you don't necessarily need to do positioning, bad if you're connecting in FRA because you get no connecting ground support in F.
3) CDG/BCN/OSL to LAX/SFO via FRA/MUC/ZRH. I consistently find fares around 4.5k EUR. Not amazing, but not bad either. They're still, usually, cheaper than the biz fares originating out of LHR.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:53 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by raffa
I'd like some help with my first SEN run
I did some math and with my next flights in late november I'll be 36500 miles short to 100k...
What are your suggestions?
My suggestion would be to drop M&M and start earning miles with a different program which makes it easier to achieve *G starting 2019/1/1.

Check whether United, Asiana, Aegean, Turkish or SAS could work for you.

HTB.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I also think it's high time I seriously started considering Aegean's FFP. Trouble is, I really don't need to go to Greece these days, and you do need some sectors on A3 I think.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Originally Posted by htb
My suggestion would be to drop M&M and start earning miles with a different program which makes it easier to achieve *G starting 2019/1/1.

HTB.
Care to shed some light what changes are planned since 2019?

I've only looked at Aegean as alternative to M&M...it used to look promising 5 years ago, but seems to harder achieve as time goes.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
thanks, why would it be easier? less mileage requested?
I live in Italy and I'm not sure if other programs are a valid option from here... any italian here has feedback?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I live in Italy and I'm not sure if other programs are a valid option from here... any italian here has feedback?
Depends on your travel pattern.

But generally speaking from Italy with TK you can hardly go wrong.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: M&M FTL
thanks,
I'm seeing on TK you get *G with only 40k miles... interesting.

quick question: is there any chance that I can match my status to another FFP that gets me *G with just my 60k as of now? and what happens if I get matched to that program, do I become *G on the fly?
sorry for newbie questions...
a quick search on statusmatcher shows that TK doesn't match LH M&M...

Last edited by raffa; Nov 8, 2018 at 1:44 pm Reason: ok, just saw that there's no match between star alliance airlines. should have guessed that...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:54 pm

quick question: is there any chance that I can match my status to another FFP that gets me *G with just my 60k as of now? and what happens if I get matched to that program, do I become *G on the fly?
sorry for newbie questions...
a quick search on statusmatcher shows that TK doesn't match LH M&M...
You would only get matched based on your current status rather than the amount of miles/points in your account at a given time. That aside and as Forrest Bump already suggested, it all depends on your travel patterns and, for future reference, you may also want to explore opportunities through other alliances e.g. Sky Team/Flying Blue — both Air France & KLM operate a good number of services out of Bologna but, again, it depends where you normally fly to as for instance they haven’t really got a robust network in the Balkans and Eastern Europe generally speaking whereas you wouldn’t have any issues when it comes to Northern Europe but also North/South America (even via Rome on Delta/Alitalia so plenty of options there).

G
raffa likes this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Nov 8, 2018 at 2:03 pm Reason: extra info added.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Notably, pretty much nobodu matches within the same alliance.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Except TK
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But it would be good to have a viable alternative to M&M, like there was Diamond Club in the old days. I suppose it is Aegean, rather than the SAS EuroBonus programme (which was recently devalued). There's less and less choice going forward, it has to be said.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Except TK
TK doesn't match *A anymore.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:48 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ondraondra
Care to shed some light what changes are planned since 2019?
I just meant he should start collecting miles at that point because most programs do the qualification on a yearly basis so that any miles earned before that won't be of any value. Obviously I have overlooked that some programs I mentioned actually do have individualized earning periods.

Less mileage required, or more rewards if you collect 75k or 100k. It depends on your travel pattern, the airlines you use, the booking classes you are booked in. But if you want to become *G, LH is one of the most difficult programs to achieve this in -- especially if you are flying in economy.

HTB.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
TK doesn't match *A anymore.
In beiginning of this year they tried to it during check-in. When they saw my LH Senator card
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Spire Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold
I'm pondering the same question now: To stick with LH or not? This year I have so far 42 EU flights with LH and 10 with Finnair. I'm flying mostly between HEL-FRA and about 10% of those in Business. With similar pattern for next year I expect to get roughly 50 000 status miles. I really like LH EU-product, but I'm not sure to continue with them. With Finnair I would be knocking on the doors of the Platinum status, however I find their product to be worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.