Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: LH M&M FTL
How successful have you been in requesting credit based on original routing?

Yesterday morning I was denied boarding, gate agent citing health reasons. Apparently the crew did not like the full cast on my leg, despite having special assistance booked in advance, "fit to fly" paperwork on me and flown on LH before from the same airport, with the same cast.

No options were given, I simply was rebooked for later flight PRG-MUC instead of originally planned PRG-FRA-MUC, stuck in "complimentary" lounge for 3 hours and boarded later flight with the same gate agent. No health issues with this time. Weird situation indeed...
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by ondraondra
How successful have you been in requesting credit based on original routing?
I've always been successful doing this but I have only requested it a handful of times. In most of my IRROPs the new routing was ticketed in a higher fare bucket than the one I had originally purchased, so it made more sense to claim the miles for the new routing.

Yesterday morning I was denied boarding, gate agent citing health reasons. Apparently the crew did not like the full cast on my leg, despite having special assistance booked in advance, "fit to fly" paperwork on me and flown on LH before from the same airport, with the same cast.

No options were given, I simply was rebooked for later flight PRG-MUC instead of originally planned PRG-FRA-MUC, stuck in "complimentary" lounge for 3 hours and boarded later flight with the same gate agent. No health issues with this time. Weird situation indeed...
Did you book more than one seat? I wonder if this was their easiest way to sort out an overbooking situation.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
I've always been successful doing this but I have only requested it a handful of times. In most of my IRROPs the new routing was ticketed in a higher fare bucket than the one I had originally purchased, so it made more sense to claim the miles for the new routing.
I had some rebookings before and they scored me nice 500M instead of 125M, but this time I'm going for the segments flown

Submitted my request with scan of original and replacement BPs, I'll see what the outcome will be.

The segment that was same on original booking (MUC-BSL) already posted on M&M today, the rebooked segment (with new etix #) is missing.

Did you book more than one seat? I wonder if this was their easiest way to sort out an overbooking situation.
Nope, travling solo, booked single seat and the A321 was well below capacity from what I could spot on the screen, when the gate agent was removing me from the flight.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I had some rebookings before and they scored me nice 500M instead of 125M, but this time I'm going for the segments flown
My personal experience is that LH group has gotten better at crediting according to the original booking class even if, as a consequence of IRROPS, you are technically booked into a higher fare bucket because the paid-for fare bucket is closed.

Small sample size, though.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Maybe somebody know...
Is there any good option to book D fare on LH web?
Problem for me is, that LH.com keep offering me cheaper bk if available (P,Z), but for Hon-run seems D best for me.
Currently need to "feed" travel agency...

What do you consider reasonable cost of 1 Status/HON-mile?
Does 0,05-0,06 EUR seems good deal or I need to look more carefully?
Currently find nice itinary with 12-intra-EU segment (OK, 4 of them MUC-FRA and vv) with total 27500 miles and around 1550 EUR.

Btw. I saw earlier question about miles due IRROPS. My recent experience is, that when due IRROP I lost 1 MUC-FRA segment in D, I got award miles 2500 miles (2000+bonus) for rebooked direct segment and after online complaint after 2 weeks status/hon/select miles as per original booking.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Maybe somebody know...
Is there any good option to book D fare on LH web?
Problem for me is, that LH.com keep offering me cheaper bk if available (P,Z), but for Hon-run seems D best for me.
Currently need to "feed" travel agency...
Not on LH-web no, but try with Matrix, forcing D class, and then Priceline via BookWithMatrix. With Priceline I've seen the best results in honoring the fare actually requested, other OTAs via BookWithMatrix sometimes don't even honor the cabin (typically up everything to highest cabin in multi-city)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: M&M FTL
I'd like some help with my first SEN run
after getting FTL last year and requalifying, I was wondering if I can try to reach for Senator.
I had some business-related flights cancelled earlier this year and I was counting on those... at the same time, I have a feeling that 2018 was somehow the highest point for me in number of flights (60+) even if the majority were short and medium haul... so I just wanted to consider pushing this year instead of hoping some day with more long hauls...

I did some math and with my next flights in late november I'll be 36500 miles short to 100k... and I'm new at this so I don't exactly know what the options could be.
What are your suggestions? What routes and what costs can I expect? I'd also love to learn how to do this kind of calculations to evaluate miles etc. – is there some resource where I can learn?

thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: LO
Originally Posted by raffa
I did some math and with my next flights in late November I'll be 36500 miles short to 100k... and I'm new at this so I don't exactly know what the options could be.
thanks!
Furtunately I didnt have to use it but when you reach 80000 select miles (if I remember correctly), you can exchange 20000 award miles to 10000 status so 26500 is your minimum.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:10 pm

It's rather simple since the move to revenue based system - your missing 36500 miles / 6 (FTL multiplier) = you need to spend 6083.3 EUR with LH group.

Alternatively you can try earning with partners, like UA, potentially earning more, based on the actual "miles" flown.
Eg. full J,C,D Business have 2.0x multiplier, netting 15k for ex-EU-NYC roundtrip.
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=10001

IMO This should work even when flying LH metal on UA codeshare with UA ticket - someone either back me up or correct here.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:23 pm

It's rather simple since the move to revenue based system - your missing 36500 miles / 6 (FTL multiplier) = you need to spend 6083.3 EUR with LH group.
I think OP is looking for status miles which are still calculated according to distance.

Originally Posted by raffa
at the same time, I have a feeling that 2018 was somehow the highest point for me in number of flights (60+) even if the majority were short and medium haul... so I just wanted to consider pushing this year instead of hoping some day with more long hauls...

I did some math and with my next flights in late november I'll be 36500 miles short to 100k.
This is a common question, to which the most sensible answer is "if next year you won't be flying as much, why do you want status?". However this is FT, so you are looking either at 12000 miles BIS on a flight with 3x multiplier (EUROPE-SIN in F on either LH, LH, or SQ would do nicely, with a preference for LH/LX to get the executive bonus), or 18000 miles BIS on a flight with a 2x multiplier (EUROPE-AKL/MEL/SYD).

You should keep an eye out for F/J deals in the premium fare forum, because it will be an expensive exercise.
AlicorporateUK, 1flyer and raffa like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:05 pm

Alternatively you can try earning with partners, like UA, potentially earning more, based on the actual "miles" flown.
Eg. full J,C,D Business have 2.0x multiplier, netting 15k for ex-EU-NYC roundtrip.
https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=10001

IMO This should work even when flying LH metal on UA codeshare with UA ticket - someone either back me up or correct here.
status miles which are still calculated in the old way, mostly according to distance with a multiplier coming from the ticket class
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
On AF KL Flying Blue it is easy to avoid the revenue based system: simply book SkyTeam flights other than AF KL. That is much more lucrative.

Here, I am beginning to tire of the lack of posting of EW flights. It’s going to make the requalification process messy as the end of the year nears. What is wrong with M&M (eternal question)?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
You should keep an eye out for F/J deals in the premium fare forum, because it will be an expensive exercise.
@raffa today is your lucky day!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Is there any way to keep track of current F "bargains," or is there a thread that's already on it (maybe on the German M&M frequent flyer forum)?

I might find myself around 30k-40k HON Circle miles short of HON next year and want to make sure I'm ready.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
You'll need to keep an eye on the premium fare section both here on FT and VFT, though the latter is German speaking only.
The only thing I can think of in your vicinity are the ex MAN/BHX fares which tend to stay around, for example

24.12 - 27.12 BHX/MAN-FRA-SIN return in F with LH for 2922GBP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.