Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Originally Posted by oliver2002
What are you willing to spend?
Haha good question! Probably around 400 €? A bit more if the destination is exotic!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by toonmelis
Haha good question! Probably around 400 €? A bit more if the destination is exotic!
Are you suggesting NYC is not exotic.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite

Only a quick idea, should net exactly 5000 SM.
6.252 SM if you already are FTL.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Just like one never book UA flights on UA stock, one never books LH flights on LH stock. Makes a mockery of their revenue based spend system, but they deserve it.
Thank you for your replies, guys.

I have usually just booked with LH, as a loyal customer, but the change in award mile earning has got me to think that I should check twice before booking expensive flights in premium classes.

Sorry about my ignorance, but just to double check: When I book a LH flight on united.com in booking class A with a UA flight number but operated by LH: Do I get 300 percent of the miles flown on Miles & More?

Thank you!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by plaintalk
Thank you for your replies, guys.

I have usually just booked with LH, as a loyal customer, but the change in award mile earning has got me to think that I should check twice before booking expensive flights in premium classes.

Sorry about my ignorance, but just to double check: When I book a LH flight on united.com in booking class A with a UA flight number but operated by LH: Do I get 300 percent of the miles flown on Miles & More?

Thank you!
Star Alliance airlines FFP schemes all credit based on the operating carrier. So, if your ticket stock is on a different airline group than the one operating the flight, the old distance-based rules will be used. The mapped booking class of the operating carrier will also be used.

So in your case, a 016 stock ticket in A will map to A on LH and credit you 300% to M&M.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:11 am

Hi guys,

You are 100% correct - i totally forgot that i could do it in 2 years.
Anyhow, I just got today the status, in only 7 months
A bit disappointment with the "congratulation" message on the app... let's wait the welcome package.

I wish you all great & safe flying, and thanks for the inputs.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cedmarb
Hi guys,

totally forgot that i could do it in 2 years.
A bit disappointment with the "congratulation" message on the app... let's wait the welcome package.
You made it to HON ?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Hi Guys,

I've recently got a new job - and since January I traveled quite a lot around the world, always Lufthansa, in A,F or C/D. At the moment (early July) I have about 451 HON Circle miles.

As my job will require less travel - i'm not sure i will manage to get the extra 150k missing. Without a doubt, HON is great, not about status or anything, but about limo to transfer ... with 10 flights a weeks, sometimes a connection is super important if you want to catch some sleep at home

I have a few weeks off to take - and i was wondering if you guys with your expertise & knowledge, would be able to recommend some routes that would allow me to grab those extra 150k. I am leaving in Latvia. Last time at the lounge I heard 2 guys talking about a run to get miles or something like that, I tried to find some info here but I might have misunderstood.

Thanks for the tips & inputs, & have a GREAT summer
Originally Posted by chris63

You made it to HON ?
It sure looks like it, congrats, 600k in 7 months is quite an achievement!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR

It sure looks like it, congrats, 600k in 7 months is quite an achievement!
It’s astonishing . Congratulations indeed !
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
You have both my respect and my compassion.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Hi Chris,

Yes - i was surprised by how fast it went.
To give an idea for those that are interested it means:

227 flights - 371,025 km - 574.3 hours - F: 16.22% C: 78.89% Eco: 4.44% (yeah LATAM in South America & United for internal US flights don't have C

It's honestly not an easy time to spend (cf. Worldclubber comments about compassion: if it was not form y job, i would not have done it, at all). For all of those that are aiming at the status for prestige, stay SEN, it's more than enough. Over the 7 months, i am lucky to had no major health issues, but once in between 4 flights (Chicago, Bengalore, Sao Paulo & Singapore) i had pain in the feet due to too much flight (even if it's in First) that lasted 2 weeks

Have a GREAT journey to everyone
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

. For all of those that are aiming at the status for prestige, stay SEN, it's more than enough.
You have not been HON long enough to say that.

Congratulations & welcome to a very exclusive club, once you are HON the thought of dropping back to SEN is not so appealing
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Those going for FTL renewal on segments should take care to build an extra segment or two into their plans. As the end of the year approaches, so does the possibility of irrops due to winter weather. Right now I sitting on a delayed DUS-FRA which means I might get rebooked on the nonstop Eurowings service to the final destination (connection too short in FRA) which means I will lose a segment.

This year I have aimed at 31 segments, just the way bookings and trips have worked out. But it also has been a bit harder to do FTL this year because I was concentrating on AF KL Flying Blue and ended up overshooting my targets there!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
Those going for FTL renewal on segments should take care to build an extra segment or two into their plans. As the end of the year approaches, so does the possibility of irrops due to winter weather. Right now I sitting on a delayed DUS-FRA which means I might get rebooked on the nonstop Eurowings service to the final destination (connection too short in FRA) which means I will lose a segment.

This year I have aimed at 31 segments, just the way bookings and trips have worked out. But it also has been a bit harder to do FTL this year because I was concentrating on AF KL Flying Blue and ended up overshooting my targets there!
I think you should be able to ask for credit based on original booking.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:38 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I think you should be able to ask for credit based on original booking.
Yes, but it can be a PITA to do this. I have been fighting with M&M over ORC cases and incorrect postings for the last 8 months and only about 1/3rd of the cases are resolved by now. So, I personally think it is better to play safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.