Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hon Run Routing? [and other quick SEN/FTL qualification mileage runs on LX/LH/OS]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I really must look into this! One day I will get around to it, when the time is right. Doesn't it still involve an awful lot of flying, despite the decent fares?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
It depends what you consider to be a decent amount of flying.
There are for example quite a lot intra-EU trips available at reasonable prices in booking class D, which will net you 2500 (incl exec bonus) miles per leg. So let's say you would do 10 of those in a 4 legged way, meaning a total of 40 flights.
I don't really consider that a lot.

That is, if you are talking about SEN
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by The Wolf
There are for example quite a lot intra-EU trips available at reasonable prices in booking class D (...)
One example being CPH-VIE-NCE (OS D fare), OS flight numbers ...

... but both legs apparently operated by AB. Elsewhere I read that

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The OS flights op by AB will be full fledged *A flights.
I've tried to search here but got nowhere, can we book, fly and earn with such flights as "normal"? Any catches with the op by AB bit?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by The Wolf
There are for example quite a lot intra-EU trips available at reasonable prices in booking class D, which will net you 2500 (incl exec bonus) miles per leg. So let's say you would do 10 of those in a 4 legged way, meaning a total of 40 flights.
I consider these status mileage run with traveling on so many intra-European flights in small tubes a real PAIN
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I consider these status mileage run with traveling on so many intra-European flights in small tubes a real PAIN
absolutely - there is nothing enjoyable about intra-EU J flights these days, unless you're in the odd widebody.
But I tend to use these for positioning from time to time, for example for the ex ATH to BOM fares, or the ex SOF to JNB.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I've tried to search here but got nowhere, can we book, fly and earn with such flights as "normal"? Any catches with the op by AB bit?
No catches, LH contracted AB to operate 4 A320 aircraft for OS ex VIE. The aircraft are in OS livery and the on board in flight service is the same. Seating and crew uniforms will be adjusted this summer. For all mileage earning purposes its OS.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
I really must look into this! One day I will get around to it, when the time is right. Doesn't it still involve an awful lot of flying, despite the decent fares?
I wouldn't go out of my way to book these. If you happens to fly to Europe or Asia on leisure or some other reason, you should explore lower cost high booking class options though.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, thanks for the reality check. The stars would really have to line up before I would do it, actually. The other option, as mentioned before, is to become a courier. But I just don't have the time for that and there is no guarantee of being booked on LH group airlines.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
A bit of a x-post from the MR forum. But the current Swiss partner special ex Italy can yield a lot of HON miles in A. For those running with a partner, 6 cents per HON mile are doable. Flights ex Italy, destinations in C3 and C5. Great availability, booking via swiss.com/it
Old May 3, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by fppmongo
A bit of a x-post from the MR forum. But the current Swiss partner special ex Italy can yield a lot of HON miles in A. For those running with a partner, 6 cents per HON mile are doable. Flights ex Italy, destinations in C3 and C5. Great availability, booking via swiss.com/it
I'd love to quote some of these. Unfortunately my +1 doesn't like those trips via other European Cities...
Old May 3, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by travelben
I'd love to quote some of these. Unfortunately my +1 doesn't like those trips via other European Cities...
Which woman doesn't like shopping in Milan? It all comes down to how you are selling the story to your wife...
Old May 3, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Which woman doesn't like shopping in Milan? It all comes down to how you are selling the story to your wife...
^^
Old May 4, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I know... but she is not into shopping. Which is good for my wallet,but bad when it comes to opportunities like that....
Old May 12, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I'd be interested in hearing about a (Europe-based) routing to quickly accumulate the 30 segments needed to attain FTL status.

Thanks.
Old May 12, 2017, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I'd be interested in hearing about a (Europe-based) routing to quickly accumulate the 30 segments needed to attain FTL status.
In 2014 I hit the 30 segments by always booking indirect (xxx-FRA-yyy and yyy-MUC-zzz, nesting tickets where necessary to keep things cheap). It was a bit of a PITA.

Where do you want to start? Do you need to go anywhere specific?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.